Probably not answerable but it's about the Security Checkpoints

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Probably not answerable but it's about the Security Checkpoints

Post by Aurabolt »

This probably can't be answered now, if not at all in advance but does anyone know what the plan will be in regards to secutiy checkpoints and lines?

As I recall, there are two main entrances into the Hynes: The Boylston St. Entrance and the Mall Entrance. There's also the third no longer secret, smaller entrance on the third floor of the Sheraton Hotel that connects to the Artist Alley (mainly for Personnel, Artists and Panelists to quickly re-enter the Hynes).

My questions are three:

1. Will there be a strong emphasis on getting the line moving faster in the morning on the first two days?

2, Will there be a plan if the weather is bad for quickly moving the Bolyston St. line?

3. Will Hynes' security contractors be better trained in regards to what they should expect from a convention like Anime Boston?

...Here's an idea that's usually done for pre-registration: Move the mall line's overflow to the Sheraton Hotel. I get we're still talking a few hundred to up to a thousand people but this would mainly be for the morning rush on Friday and Saturday (since up to a third of congoers usually don't come back on Sunday). It wouldn't mess with setup for those rooms on the 2nd floor of the Sheraton all that much either. That makes it easier to contain foot traffic and you don't have to deal with complaints from mall security. It would only be for the first few hours anyway. Lineflow drops after noon so...yeah.

Just an idea ^_^

Oh, yeah: Can you also direct people to contact Hynes Customer Service and provide said contact info so people know who to direct concerns and complaints to this year in regards to security?
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Re: Probably not answerable but it's about the Security Checkpoints

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

i don't think this would answer your question in full, but if your worried at all about the security check points for what ever reason (i never had a problem with them personally even while waiting in line but that's just me and i have the worst ocd you can dream of...ok not that bad otherwise i wouldn't be going to these things, anyway) might i suggest you ask when you get your badge for a disabled badge? It's amazing and they treat you like vip!

I hope i could help sorry if it wasn't all that helpful...I used it and i can't wait to do it again
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Please don't abuse the accessibility badge system. It's there for people who actually need it and it speaks quite a bit about one's character if they choose to abuse this system.

In regards to your post, Aurabolt, there will be a small announcement regarding some changes this week that should address some questions we've had since last year.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I just read the briefing. That covers prettymuch everything in my OP Thanks.

That said:

Nemra wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:56 am Please don't abuse the accessibility badge system. It's there for people who actually need it and it speaks quite a bit about one's character if they choose to abuse this system.
All this.

I actually could legally get a Badge for persons with disabilities (I have the documentation to prove it) but I do not NEED that kind of accommodation for Anime Boston. Never have and never will. Like Nemra said, there are people who actually do need those special badges. To even suggest what you did means those who actually need one will now have a harder time getting one.

The fact that you openly and shamelessly suggested that as a means of bypassing security checkpoint tells me alot about what kind of person you rrally are. This is one of those moments where I don't want to take the high road and I know no one would blame me for feeling extremely angry at what you suggested right now ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^