Anime Boston Sheraton Clean Rooms?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Glyffi
Expert Poster

Anime Boston Sheraton Clean Rooms?

Post by Glyffi »

I was wondering what was the outcome to the people staying in the Sheraton, that got the flyer on their bed. To keep their rooms clean, and if they were the cleanest room that following day you could be rewarded? I am not sure if this is something that the AB Staff could help out on, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask =]

Thank you!!
This Year's Plans:

Shy Guy & Umbreon
WertPhotography
Experienced Poster

Re: Anime Boston Sheraton Clean Rooms?

Post by WertPhotography »

We stayed in the Marriott and didn't have them clean our room until we left (and since both my wife and i used to work in a hotel we left it VERY clean).
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

This is actually a Sheraton only thing. We don't really have any info on that for you, unfortunately. You'd have to call them and find out :)
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

I stayed at the Sheraton and had the paper on my bed about winning a fee day if I kept the room clean. I kept the room clean. I never heard anything from the Sheraton about who won. I have a SPG account so they have my email address. I was thinking of calling them.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
Maydog
Experienced Poster

Post by Maydog »

tomthumb wrote:I stayed at the Sheraton and had the paper on my bed about winning a fee day if I kept the room clean. I kept the room clean. I never heard anything from the Sheraton about who won. I have a SPG account so they have my email address. I was thinking of calling them.
This looks like the Sheraton is saying they have issues with people (hopefully not AB members, oh no say it ain't so) leaving the rooms overly messy. So let's make up some contest and maybe they'll keep it neater . Well...doesnt Hotel Houskeeping do that? Clean the room I mean. I mean I pay for the room, and I always leave a tip for Houskeeping. Our responsibly whenever I stay at any hotel is that trash should be in the proper garbage cans or recycling bins. No one should be spilling stuff all over the place and stuff like that of course. Who does that slob stuff anyway. We sold out the hotel for them so money talks. The Hotel can have their Houskeeping staff gratefully attend to that. If that becomes too difficult to accomplish then maybe they won't have to worry after Marriot buys team out (which is a good possibility at the moment) and installs their standard. I'm sure it doesn't include cleaning room contests.
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

I was in the north tower. I booked the "social" (you can make more noise) AB block of room. I assume the contest was for the AB members. Put a bunch of guys in a room, without a mom or dad to tell them to pick up, what do you get, a mess. Ask any mom or dad. On my floor they had three people cleaning rooms all day. Past 3 pm. The rooms were discounted for AB members. Keep in mind the cost of cleaning is pasted on to the customers. Costs are always going up, up, up. Sheraton was trying to find a way to control rising costs for AB members. Next year the room may cost more.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

I'm pretty neat by habit when I'm staying somewhere that is not my apartment, so it wasn't really that much effort to keep things tidy. However, I wondered in what kind of condition some rooms had been left in the past for them to have to do this. I was discussing it with another attendee while waiting in line for the Artist's Alley entrance when we saw that the railing had been partially pulled off of the wall. She made the comment, "And people wonder why the Sheraton doesn't like us being here." I remember seeing pictures a while ago from another con where the hotel had been abused terribly (peeing on the walls, things being torn down). It makes me sad to see such disrespect, as it gives anime fans a bad name. Not saying that AB has gotten to that point, but I hope things were left in good enough condition that they won't think they have to resort to "contests."
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

I think it has something to do with the feasco at a past convention two weeks ago, I believe it was Sakuracon? people trashed the rooms to the point where the doors were flying off the hinges, kids were writing on the walls and other bad (Shtuff) like that...

Im sure the Sheraton got word of what had happened at past conventions last month, and decided to host some kind of fun little thing so that wouldn't happen to their hotel

I myself was in the Marriott so i didn't know what happened in the other hotel, I just know what happens from past conventions, which is most likely why WE DON'T GET MARRIOTT CONVENTION RATES because some idget at ct con or last ab did something to piss off the staff... i could be wrong about everything, because what little i know about the other conventions are from social media.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:I think it has something to do with the feasco at a past convention two weeks ago, I believe it was Sakuracon? people trashed the rooms to the point where the doors were flying off the hinges, kids were writing on the walls and other bad (Shtuff) like that...

Im sure the Sheraton got word of what had happened at past conventions last month, and decided to host some kind of fun little thing so that wouldn't happen to their hotel

I myself was in the Marriott so i didn't know what happened in the other hotel, I just know what happens from past conventions, which is most likely why WE DON'T GET MARRIOTT CONVENTION RATES because some idget at ct con or last ab did something to piss off the staff... i could be wrong about everything, because what little i know about the other conventions are from social media.
It wasn't Sakura Con (I believe that was this past weekend), but I do remember seeing posts on IG about people doing damage to the hotel at a con. Sad to see such disrespect happen.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

ya'll are thinking about Katsucon. Sakuracon was the same weekend as us.

That being said, the sheraton has had that competition since, at least, last year so it's unrelated to that but you're not wrong in that it's to encourage less destruction of property.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

Nemra wrote:ya'll are thinking about Katsucon. Sakuracon was the same weekend as us.

That being said, the sheraton has had that competition since, at least, last year so it's unrelated to that but you're not wrong in that it's to encourage less destruction of property.
now that i have facebook it's easier for me to keep up to date on the convention facts, I don't remember getting anything like that last year, it must be the party floors that have it.

:mrgreen:
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective