More of a general request: eNews Letters

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

More of a general request: eNews Letters

Post by Aurabolt »

I think it's time, especially given AB has the emails of everyone who pre-registers months in advance already. If there already is/was a newsletter, I've never seen one in the 7 years I've been going to AB. I think if folks knew they could sign up to get updates delivered to their inbox on a monthly, bi-monthly and weekly basis (depending on how close/far we are to the next con), it would help address alot of the misinformation and confusion many attendees deal with when they arrive.

In addition to the usual programming announcements, it would also contain news and updates on current events in the area that may impact the convention. The things that come to mind are the construction in the area and the reason for the increased security.

...And that said, I am currently making two templates as a starting point: A generic one and a second one using the theme of the year. You guys already collect email for Pre-reg verification. Adding the option to be put on a mailing list would be awesome.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^