Thank you, AB!

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Thank you, AB!

Post by royalbakaness »

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on the staff at AB. I was very impressed at how well you guys responded to people on social media and on the forums. You guys kept us up-to-date on everything, and you were obviously doing your best to make the con enjoyable for everyone. I realize there were a lot of sudden changes and issues, but I feel you guys handled them all very well. Everyone I met who was part of the staff, AB security, or was volunteering was incredibly kind, patient, and helpful. Thank you so much for an amazing con!
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Re: Thank you, AB!

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

Seconded, they deserve all the appreciation we can give them and may we get more years out of it. x)
Attendee since 2010, panelist since 2016.
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

I agree, please thank everyone. I was there for four days. The staff was friendly. I asked and took some pics of the staff. It couldn't have happened without them. Thanks.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

AB staff is great. I can't believe we are stuck there until 2025.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

I agree with all of that! The convention was an amazing experience, all thanks to you guys!
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

I DEFINITELY agree!
This year's convention was Amazing!!
reaper527
Determined Poster

Post by reaper527 »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:I can't believe we are stuck there until 2025.
well, even if the convention wasn't pre-booked for that far into the future, it's not like there is a really good solution still. with a name like "anime boston", it's not like the convention can just move out to western mass or new hampshire. the only other game in town is the BCEC, which is owned by the same group that owns the hynes, which means we're stuck with the same security problems.

in fact, i'm actually somewhat skeptic about pax this year, because the badges came with a letter saying that the only entrance in the morning will be the front door, and that they will have metal detectors being put into place. at least the hynes had 2-3 entrances. can you imagine how big of a mess it would have been if the only entrance into ab was the boylston st. entrance (and it had the security setup from the pru entrance)? because that's pretty much what it's going to be like at the bcec.

that doesn't even touch on the fact that the bcec isn't really a good building for the kind of con ab is (panel driven). it's much more of a "showroom floor" type of building. where there isn't any better venue to choose from, the only real hope is that a lot of the major events that go into those buildings unite and push back while hoping they have enough leverage to make the security theater go away.
"Asking cosplayers to walk through a metal detector is like asking Axl Rose to take a drug test." -Bluebeard45
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I know, I know. It's terrible.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

Completely agree with how awesome staff was! They made my return to AB after 3 years great!
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
Soarinwater
Expert Poster

Post by Soarinwater »

Thank you to all the Anime Boston staff for everything you do!
I will also throw in a quick thanks to the security and staff of those around AB for putting up with our Shenanigans and insanity and even getting in a little banter with us.
Everything couldn't have been done without you guys and It can't be expressed on how thankful we are!