Artist Alley/Sheraton Entrance Change

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Artist Alley/Sheraton Entrance Change

Post by Aurabolt »

I've been getting alot of messages in the last hour or so from folks who've been saying the Artist Alley/Sheraton entrance has been made an exit only for anyone who is not an artist, dealer or staff member. I don't know if this was intended or not but if it wasn't, it should be looked into ASAP. If this was an agreed upon change, it would be extremely helpful if panelists could be added to the list of people who can use the Artist Alley entrance.

I texted the Programming Department a few minutes ago with the same request and am posting it here so more eyes can see it.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
aubreyskingdom
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Artist Alley/Sheraton Entrance Change

Post by aubreyskingdom »

Was just told it is not an entrance or an exit for the remainder of the convention. We are now essentially trapped in the Hynes because the lines are too long to leave so sadly the panels in the Sheraton are not an option for us to try and attend.
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

We had to close the Hynes Hall C entrance to attendees because the line backup was too much for the Sheraton hallway to handle.

However panelists will be able to enter the Hynes through the Hall C entrance from the Sheraton 3rd floor. They have a list of panelists and will confirm your name is on the list.

Edit: The Hynes Hall C & Sheraton entrance way is also open in both directions to anyone with a disability sticker. If you require one, you may ask for one at Registration Customer Service.

In addition, all attendees may use the entry way to EXIT from the Hynes into the Sheraton hotel.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
aubreyskingdom

Post by aubreyskingdom »

Faceman wrote:We had to close the Hynes Hall C entrance to attendees because the line backup was too much for the Sheraton hallway to handle.

However panelists will be able to enter the Hynes through the Hall C entrance from the Sheraton 3rd floor. They have a list of panelists and will confirm your name is on the list.

Edit: The Hynes Hall C & Sheraton entrance way is also open in both directions to anyone with a disability sticker. If you require one, you may ask for one at Registration Customer Service.

In addition, all attendees may use the entry way to EXIT from the Hynes into the Sheraton hotel.
We tried to exit to the Sheraton from the Hynes to attend a panel in the Sheraton and were turned away. Do we need to show a room key next time?
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

aubreyskingdom wrote:We tried to exit to the Sheraton from the Hynes to attend a panel in the Sheraton and were turned away. Do we need to show a room key next time?
Do you know what time this was? It takes some time to spread the info to everyone, but as of now it should be available as an exit to the Sheraton for all.
Chris O'Connell

Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

Currently in the Dalton street (not Boylston, my bad) and I still feel it's better than the main entrance.

Whoa, hear me out.

The metal detector one is 2 giant lines that have an extra step of entry (said detectors) but the one I'm in is one single-file line that (at least from my experience) is moving fairly quickly. Sure, it's long and intimidating but I dunno, I'm not in the mood to gripe.
We had to close the Hynes Hall C entrance to attendees because the line backup was too much for the Sheraton hallway to handle.
Given how small that hallway is, it makes sense.
Attendee since 2010, panelist since 2016.
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Painted_Outlaw wrote:Currently in the Dalton street (not Boylston, my bad) and I still feel it's better than the main entrance.

Whoa, hear me out.

The metal detector one is 2 giant lines that have an extra step of entry (said detectors) but the one I'm in is one single-file line that (at least from my experience) is moving fairly quickly. Sure, it's long and intimidating but I dunno, I'm not in the mood to gripe.
Given how small that hallway is, it makes sense.
Thank you for your understanding. We realize this is a far from optimal situation, but we are doing everything in our ability to improve it.
Chris O'Connell

THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

I don't know what the problem was. I have been using the Artist Alley/Sheraton door all day. I have gone both in and out with no problems. At one point the panel line ran down the hall way. I walked by that line and went in to the AB con. I am staying at the Sheraton. I am not carrying a bag.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
aubreyskingdom

Post by aubreyskingdom »

I was there around noontime when I was told we couldn't enter/exit, but didnt try again afterwards so we might have got there at a time before they allowed people to exit again. Overall I don't mind the security to get in and some wait in lines, I just dislike when things change without notice, but in hindsight I suppose it's unavoidable sometimes :-)
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Going to lock this thread at this point. Please use the feedback thread for any additional issues with the Sheraton/Artists' Alley entrance.
Chris O'Connell