where is this?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
PyroGodFlameCosplay
Expert Poster

where is this?

Post by PyroGodFlameCosplay »

i saw there was a plushie workshop on Saturday at a place on schedule called Workshop Republic. Wheres is this like in the hynes? what floor?
ANIME BOSTON COSPLAY 2016
SATURDAY:
IZURU KIRA [100% DONE]
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Re: where is this?

Post by basharoftheages »

The top row of the Web schedule groups rooms as Hynes (the columns on the left) or Sheraton (the columns on the right). The top of the schedule page has maps for each floor of each building.

Another neat thing - if you have the guidebook app, each panel has the listing of the room its in as part of the detailed view. Click on the room name, and it'll open the map view and mark on the map where it is.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
PyroGodFlameCosplay
Expert Poster

so how do i get to that place in the sheraton? will it be on the same floor if i entered the hotel through the artist alley. that way i can easily get back to hynes.

-also my phones doesn't have internet so, i can't do the guidebook app thing. :(
SATURDAY:
IZURU KIRA [100% DONE]
Max465
Experienced Poster

Post by Max465 »

It appears to be on the same floor as registration

http://www.animeboston.com/images/maps/ ... _Floor.jpg
PyroGodFlameCosplay
Expert Poster

the map says the artist alley is on the second floor so, does that mean it connects to the 2nd floor of the hotel[where registration is]?
SATURDAY:
IZURU KIRA [100% DONE]
Xias
Veteran Poster

Post by Xias »

PyroGodFlameCosplay wrote:the map says the artist alley is on the second floor so, does that mean it connects to the 2nd floor of the hotel[where registration is]?
You're a little confused. Artist Alley is on the 2nd floor of the Hynes, while this is on the second floor of the Sheraton. These are two separate (but connected) buildings.
Panelist, Anime Boston 2014-2019
Presenting 3 panels at AB 2019
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
-Japan Travel Tips: Planning Your First Trip
-Bemani: From DDR to IIDX to SDVX
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Xias wrote:
PyroGodFlameCosplay wrote:the map says the artist alley is on the second floor so, does that mean it connects to the 2nd floor of the hotel[where registration is]?
You're a little confused. Artist Alley is on the 2nd floor of the Hynes, while this is on the second floor of the Sheraton. These are two separate (but connected) buildings.
second floor of the Hynes which translates to third floor of the Sheraton ;)
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

PyroGodFlameCosplay
Expert Poster

are those boxes on the map elevators? which means there are elevators right next to the panel so, i can easily get back to the 3rd floor to get back to artist alley.? so i don't get lost. :)
SATURDAY:
IZURU KIRA [100% DONE]
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

Unless you have a real need (like a medical disability) I wouldn't use elevators to go between the first, second, and third floors of the Sheraton. There are multiple wide staircases going from floors 1, 2 and 3 right in the middle of the con space.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
PyroGodFlameCosplay
Expert Poster

oh um okay is there an easy to spot staircase near that room then? XD
SATURDAY:
IZURU KIRA [100% DONE]
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

ok, one more time, with feeling!

The Artist Alley is Hynes 2nd floor, which has a hallway into Sheraton's 3rd floor!
Once you're in the Sheraton, there will be a big wide staircase on the RIGHT (so u walked in, walked down the hallway, saw some big windows, then buncha cushy seats and there will be a big carpeted staircase goin down)
(if u went LEFT you'd end up by the Manga Library instead, and overlook the entrance into the Mall/aka Sheraton 2nd floor)

now that you're on correct floor you just happen to be on opposite end of where the thing is.. you should be able to find the correct panel room. Are you any less confused now?
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?