Opening/Closing Ceremonies Egress Question

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Opening/Closing Ceremonies Egress Question

Post by Aurabolt »

It's something I keep meaning to ask but keep forgetting for some reason.

Anyways while on the one hand I get wanting to control foot traffic at Closing Ceremonies to ensure everyone exits the Hynes, I've wondered why this is the same for Opening Ceremonies. Staff could be posted at the opposite exit since Opening Ceremonies marks the official beginning of our 3-day family reunion ^_^

I think a controlled recess after both events should be done either way. Those who are physically impaired, pregnant or have small children exit first then everyone else in a rolling dismissal. Ushers/Volunteers can take point on this. This rolling dismissal will help cut down on the bottlenecking that happens every year. I think if con organizers get in the habit of saying "Before we let you go, we're going to ask everyone to please let XYZ exit first, etc." it will help bring awareness.

Just a thought I've had for a while. It's a massive room and all so...yeah. LOL.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^