ID Question

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
aibo7m3
Getting the hang of this...

ID Question

Post by aibo7m3 »

Hey guys! I'm 17 and will be attending the convention on Saturday with my father. From my understanding, I do still need some sort of identification for myself even though I'm under 18. The only ID I've been able to find is a passport that expired nearly ten years ago, and features a photo of me from when I was three years old. All of the information on it is correct and I believe I read that expired passports are okay, but the photo is from when I was so young, that I'm not completely certain if they'll be able to confirm that it's me just based on that (in my opinion, I do still look a fair amount like the photo though). Is this okay as ID for me to get into the con with?

Thanks in advance!
PyroGodFlameCosplay
Expert Poster

Re: ID Question

Post by PyroGodFlameCosplay »

part of me says i think it has to be a recent photo. i would bring your dad with you to confirm its you. maybe he can use his license. When i was 17 i think my mom used hers. But , im not sure if the rules changed since 2008. But , thats just my gut feeling. :)
ANIME BOSTON COSPLAY 2016
SATURDAY:
IZURU KIRA [100% DONE]
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Does your high school give you an ID? That is one of the best ID's for picking up a badge.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

aibo7m3
Getting the hang of this...

Post by aibo7m3 »

I was given a school ID a couple years ago, but unfortunately I've misplaced it since and haven't been able to find it. I did find my Social Security card (which the convention FAQ page said was valid), but I'm not sure I want to bring that around a con and run the risk of losing it. My dad will be with me when we pick up our badges and he does have valid photo ID for himself, but I wasn't sure if I still would need an ID of my own.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

if your dad will also be there for badge pickup, and since you're under 18, you will be able to pick up your badge without needing to have ID.

from the reg policy:
Minors without ID may pick up their badges with the accompaniment of a parent or legal guardian who has a valid photo ID
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR