Bag Storage

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Steel Balloon
Getting the hang of this...

Bag Storage

Post by Steel Balloon »

Sorry if someone already asked this, but I would like to know the cost for bag storage services in the Hynes. I believe it was $5 but I just wanted to make sure! :D
striker923
AB Staff

Re: Bag Storage

Post by striker923 »

Steel Balloon wrote:Sorry if someone already asked this, but I would like to know the cost for bag storage services in the Hynes. I believe it was $5 but I just wanted to make sure! :D
Bag check is typically $1 per bag and is across from the dealers room in the Hynes. :)
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
VideoGameStupid
Experienced Poster

Post by VideoGameStupid »

Are we allowed to periodically come back to take things out put things in our bags and then return it without having to pay another dollar to store it again?
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

Didn't use it much last year, was parked at the pru. But the year before they let you take stuff out of or put into an already checked bag without charging, used same ticket.
VideoGameStupid
Experienced Poster

Post by VideoGameStupid »

Awesome!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

That said, try not to do this too much--especially taking stuff out of your checked bag--more so if each time you go, there's a line of folks waiting to get their bag(s) checked.

I plan on bringing two bags Friday and Saturday: My Backpack and a Gym Bag. Backpack always stays with me. Gym Bag will have my Swap Meet Items, a change of clothes and my jacket. My backpack will contain my various chargers, inhaler, first aid kit, iPad (Friday) or Laptop (Saturday and Sunday), my two 3DS systems and my Vita (as well as select games for both consoles). With what I plan to do Friday, I will only need my checked bag when I'm ready to go home XD
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Lord_Convention

Post by Lord_Convention »

Just for the record I would like the Staff to know that we thoroughly enjoyed having that "$1.00" Bag check in. It was extremely helpful for us hardcore Cosplayer, and saved us when jumping between shopping Artists Alley and the Panels we attended. Keep up the good work :)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I would like to second this when you add in the Bag Search especially.

I'd also like to amend what I said in my previous post about moving stuff in/out of your checked bag. As long as you have the card they give you, they will take you into the room to do what you need to do no questions asked. This comes in handy if you plan to go in and out of the Hynes alot. Just check your bag when you first arrive and you won't have to worry about it until you leave for the day ^_^
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
bunbunrabbit18^^

Post by bunbunrabbit18^^ »

I understand that we can store items/bags in the bag storage but my problem right now is, I want to store my ball gown for the ball, is that possible at the bag storage area?
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

it's not just bags it was also a coat check i believe so assuming it bagged on a hanger u should be good
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Yep. They don't charge per item so it's $1 per person prettymuch. Just hoping this is still true this year.

Disclaimer: The Hynes Convention Center runs Bag Check, not Anime Boston.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

soundsofstarlight
I'm new!

Post by soundsofstarlight »

Silly question: Would it be OK for people to bring their overnight bags on Sunday? Or is there a spot for people to put them? My friends and I are staying at a different hotel (that has a check-out at noon with no bag check-in that I'm aware of), and most of us would like to be at AB a little later on Sunday. I don't think any of us are bringing anything much bigger than a typical backpack, but we might have a few smaller bags at that point (from getting stuff), so would things like that be OK?
bunbunrabbit18^^

Post by bunbunrabbit18^^ »

waynoinsano wrote:it's not just bags it was also a coat check i believe so assuming it bagged on a hanger u should be good
Okay thank you :)