Weapons policy on bows?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Fangreaper
Expert Poster

Weapons policy on bows?

Post by Fangreaper »

I know I can't use a real bow but what if my bow was plastic and had a non fireable arrow glued/taped to it for pictures? Is that possible?
B-kun is better than A-chan change my mind...

If you got one of my business cards at the con please hit me up on etsy! The Daft Hatter Crafting is open for business and my first sale will get a very cool gift!
Amjam
Determined Poster

Re: Weapons policy on bows?

Post by Amjam »

The prop FAQ says Anime Boston staff will not pre-approve a prop so even if people say it sounds OK here that is not confirmation that you will be allowed to have it at the con. Just follow the rules and see what they say at the con. No projectile weapons are allowed, so I imagine your bow would have to be unstrung. If it were me I would personally forego the arrow altogether but if you think it's within the rules (or similar to approved cosplay you have seen in previous years' photos) and want to take a chance on it go for it.
:geek: Arthur
attendee since '06, occasional panelist
Fangreaper
Expert Poster

Post by Fangreaper »

I'm asking is about a non fireable bow with an arrow liked glue to it. It does not fire at all like once glued in there will be no way to get the arrow out without some glue remover. I need to know if that's ok because if it's not I won't bother bringing it.

If you got one of my business cards at the con please hit me up on etsy! The Daft Hatter Crafting is open for business and my first sale will get a very cool gift!
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

Unfortunately, we cannot give you 100% ok until the con when Security can check it.
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
Fangreaper
Expert Poster

Post by Fangreaper »

MidnightSiren182 wrote:Unfortunately, we cannot give you 100% ok until the con when Security can check it.
Alright thanks anyway