Hotels 2015 Question

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Hotels 2015 Question

Post by Kalyoth »

I was looking to plan ahead as I stay at the Hilton normally. Was curious if anyone knew if there was either a hold on rooms with Hilton pending an AB agreement or if another large event was coming to town the same week/weekend? The entire hotel is currently unavailable 4/2 - 4/6. I called & they were not very forthcoming with any information as to why it was a period of unavailability other than to try & say it was possibly a local hotel decision. Just curious if I should be worrying yet.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
coolforever
AB Alumni

Re: Hotels 2015 Question

Post by coolforever »

I wouldn't worry yet, it's still 11 months away and I'd be shocked if they didn't have ANY rooms open for that time period.
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

When you get the "no available rooms for these dates" message, click on the "view list of available dates" button and notice everything from March 30th onwards is blocked off right now. Now you can make an educated guess and go with the conclusion that this hotel has an advanced booking policy of less than 12 months instead of the less likely conclusion that someone has booked the entire hotel for 2 months straight. But, who knows - it could be that they normally do a 12-month advanced booking and their booking system has a bug in it that nobody's noticed yet.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Yep. It is most definitely the Hilton. The Hilton does not have that part of next year available yet. They might also not have their con block negotiated yet as well.
I was able to reserve my room for next year at the convention rate for another hotel in the area, so the Hilton will probably be able to do it soon. Just give them another month or so and see where they are then.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

It might be a good idea to wait until we starting announcing stuff with hotels, we're always negotiating or working with various facilities non-stop (bless you Ops/Facilities ninjas) so we'll have more formal word when that time of year swings around again.
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
luisrockz48
Experienced Poster

Post by luisrockz48 »

when do they usually start announcing hotels? like November?
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Just give it some time. I would say to concentrate on traveling at this time and check back every week or so. Then again, that's just me.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

Our hotel blocks usually start opening up in the fall.
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
famem0nstterr
I'm new!

Post by famem0nstterr »

Sorry if a little off topic.... though does anyone know what the rates were for the Sheraton last AB (& possibly the hilton)? I know it will likely vary for this upcoming AB, but I thought it would be helpful to know for a ballpark figure for savings since it will be my first time staying at a hotel for AB.

Thanks!
xXasskikaXx
I'm new!

Post by xXasskikaXx »

I don't need to worry I'm only half an hour from Boston :3
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

famem0nstterr wrote:Sorry if a little off topic.... though does anyone know what the rates were for the Sheraton last AB (& possibly the hilton)? I know it will likely vary for this upcoming AB, but I thought it would be helpful to know for a ballpark figure for savings since it will be my first time staying at a hotel for AB.

Thanks!
Last year, the Sheraton rates were about $206 without tax, $246 with tax for 1-2 people a room. The Hilton was about $211/$241 for the same. So they are pretty comparable. I would save more conservatively, as these were last year rates. Also keep in mind that different hotels may offer other incentives, like a discount on the hotel restaurant or free wifi, so this may be something you want to consider alongside the actual cost of the room for the weekend.

Hope this helps! :)
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Just to note: the tax is 14.45%.
ABFAN
Getting the hang of this...

Post by ABFAN »

Yea last time I think I paid around $245 for one night at the Sheraton. I split the cost with a friend. There was also a deposit we had to pay at the desk on arrival of around $50, that we got back afterwards. I thought the room, as well as the convenience of being connected to the Hynes, was well worth it.
AB Attendee since 2012.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

ABFAN wrote:I thought the room, as well as the convenience of being connected to the Hynes, was well worth it.
That's my feeling as well, especially after 2008, when (IIRC) the Marriott was the primary hotel and the walking time to the Hynes was seven minutes, one way—and I'm a fast walker.
minkalink19
Expert Poster

Post by minkalink19 »

Question for AB staff!

Do you guys do any negotiated rates with Royal Sonesta Boston????
Steamy Bunz
Experienced Poster

Post by Steamy Bunz »

I like to shop around and I got these group codes from the staff of the hotel for the Colonnade Hotel and the Boston Marriott Copley

The Colonnade: $249/night
group code: ANI02A

Boston Marriott Copley: $239/night
Group Code: AMCAMCA

Not much different but the Sheraton, Hilton and Midtown definitely have better rates.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

Sno wrote:Not much different but the Sheraton, Hilton and Midtown definitely have better rates.
That's weird - they normally announce when they put hotels up on the main page...
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Sno wrote:Not much different but the Sheraton, Hilton and Midtown definitely have better rates.
That's weird - they normally announce when they put hotels up on the main page...
True, but at least one year it was unofficially announced here first—I believe in a similar manner to the above. That's why I'm lurking...to be sure that find out ASAP. But I'm waiting for the Sheraton...
Steamy Bunz
Experienced Poster

Post by Steamy Bunz »

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
The rates for the hotels are on their main page for a good month or so already but I guess they haven't announced it. You can book at the Sheraton, Hilton and Midtown right now if you go to the "Location" link under Hotel Information. Actually they have more hotels up, awesome.
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

Hotel information is available! Sorry for the delay, we definitely appreciate your patience. Hope to see you guys in April! :)
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
aeob27
I'm new!

Post by aeob27 »

Hi, I'm trying to use the code "ANIMEBOST" to make a reservation at the Midtown Hotel but I get an error.
Please check the error(s) highlighted below.
PROMOTION CODE IS INVALID FOR PROPERTY
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

aeob27 wrote:Hi, I'm trying to use the code "ANIMEBOST" to make a reservation at the Midtown Hotel but I get an error.
Sorry about that. Please use the code "ANIMEBOST_002" instead. We've updated the hotel page to reflect that.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!