On paper ids

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Ponyta
Expert Poster

On paper ids

Post by Ponyta »

I recently misplaced my mass state id card, and am in the process of getting a replacement. I've been given a temporary paper id until my new one arrives in the mail. It's a shame because I was looking forward to the 18+ panels this year, but it doesn't look like my permanent card will arrive in time for the convention. Would my temporary paper id work, or will I have to wait until next year? Thank you for your time! :]
..except in bed.
schneehasen
Expert Poster

Re: On paper ids

Post by schneehasen »

If my memory serves me correctly, the paper ID has "Not A Valid Form of ID", or something of that sort, in large letter written across it. I think that should answer your question.
Al Wong
Support Squad Volunteers Dept
Attendance, 2006 - infinity & beyond
Vu
AB Staff

Re: On paper ids

Post by Vu »

Ponyta wrote:I recently misplaced my mass state id card, and am in the process of getting a replacement. I've been given a temporary paper id until my new one arrives in the mail. It's a shame because I was looking forward to the 18+ panels this year, but it doesn't look like my permanent card will arrive in time for the convention. Would my temporary paper id work, or will I have to wait until next year? Thank you for your time! :]
Trust in the postal system. My passport was stolen last year and I recently had to fly down to Baltimore, Maryland back in January. I realized that I had no form of identification to get through security. My flight was on Friday, January 20th. I went to the Registry of Motor Vehicles on Thursday, January 12th. I didn't get my ID in the mail until I was leaving for Logan Airport on the day of the flight.

But unfortunately, yes, the temporary IDs they give out do say "Not a valid form of identification" on them, so we are unfortunately unable to accept them for 18+ events.

If I can get mine in a week, then you shouldn't have any trouble at all.
Vu Tran
North American Guest Liaison
Anime Boston 2022

Viva la manatee!

"Gonna have to go find my eyeballs, I rolled them too hard"
- Rebecca Lee, 2019