Gamestop @ Anime Boston

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Gamestop @ Anime Boston

Post by Aurabolt »

First off, I'm aware there is a Gamestop in the Prudential Center. I practically live there all year round (LOL). Having said that, I do not work for Gamestop but I do have friends who do though not that one specifically.

My question is this. Has Anime Boston ever been approached/asked for space by Gamestop? Similarly, has Anime Boston ever considered formally asking Gamestop to have a presence at the Con (Dealers Floor, etc.)? Gamestop the company has alot of connections and they also own Game Informer Magazine. Regardless of what you think about how they do business it would be very profitable for Anime Boston to that presence.

I've asked the Store Managers of the Gamestop at the Prudential Center, Downtown Crossing, Jamaica Plain and Cambridgeside Galleria locations and they've all told me the same thing: Anime Boston needs to make the call for it to happen. The Con is a month away so...yeah. On the up side, we could have them Sponsor the Video Game Tournaments (prizes, game systems, etc.).

I think it would be a cool idea plus the guys at the Gamestop in the PRU have been wanting to go to AB forever. As for why they can't go, the higher ups know about Anime Boston and want them to work the store that weekend instead XD
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Sayoria
AB Staff

Re: Gamestop @ Anime Boston

Post by Sayoria »

I don't see why they would to be honest. They would be better off going to PAX than AB for a few reasons.

Firstly, AB is an anime con, and well.... while AB does have a game room and stuff, not too too many games these days are really anime related.
Second, since they DO have a store stationed close to the con, that store, everyone can access without having to be a member OF the con. It's open to the general public, not just AB. Not just that, but paying for a booth with this limited access and cutting their storage just doesn't seem too smart.
Third, it is by the food court if I remember correctly, which is a preeeeeetty big part of AB. I am sure if anyone has interest in what Gamestop has, they would probably check them out while in the area.

But you know, there has been an import game dealer there every year I have went. Makes it a pretty good time to be a PS3/PSP, and I THINK NDS owner. (NDS is region free too, right?...)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Starwind
Expert Poster

Post by Starwind »

Exactly what Yukito said. There's no reason for Gamestop to be at AB. And who really goes to Gamestop to buy an anime-related game? No one. I remember when I went to buy Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space way back in 2003 a week after the game came out and not one other copy had been sold. Most of Gamestop's customers are into more mainstream stuff like CoD, Halo, GTA and Madden, none of which have anything to do with anime or even Japan (Halo Legends doesn't suddenly make Halo anime-related). If people want to go to Gamestop, they can go when they visit the food court.
2006: State Alchemist from FMA
2011: Red Ranger from MMPR
2012: Red Ranger from MMPR
Nicole
AB Alumni

Post by Nicole »

This would be a call for Exhibits and Programming to make, so please do not make any assumptions.
Nicole Peterson
Publications Manager/Graphic Designer
Anime Boston 2010-2016