Autograph policy

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
saffieb
Veteran Poster

Autograph policy

Post by saffieb »

I have a quick question, and I wasn't sure where to post it.

The autograph policy states that: "Attendees are not allowed to line up for an autograph session more than 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. Attendees gathering in the vicinity of the autograph room before that time will be asked to disperse."

What exactly is "the vicinity"? Outside the room door? Within 30 feet of the room? On that floor? What are the specifics? I was in line for Greg Ayres lest year, and people were cutting in line, so I just want to be clear this time around.
AB 2024- Celebi (Pokémon)
AB 2022- Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
Drymy
AB Staff

Re: Autograph policy

Post by Drymy »

The autograph rooms are moving to the Sheraton this year, at the end of a hallway. Attendees will be asked to stay out of the area and go enjoy the rest of the convention until 30 minutes before.

We want you to go to panels, watch videos, wander the artists alley and dealer's room, see the concerts and game shows, visit the manga library, spend time with your friends and see the art show in addition to getting autographs.
Andyi Richter
Tech Desk Manager

Anime Boston positions:
Tech Desk Manager - 2016 - Present
Technical Operations Chief of Staff - 2013 - 2015
Assorted roles in Guest Relations - 2003 - 2012

Do you have any idea how happy I am with how popular SPORTS ANIME has gotten? Only thing that could make it better would be ROBOT DINOSAURS playing SPORTS And driving really cool cars!
saffieb
Veteran Poster

Re: Autograph policy

Post by saffieb »

Thanks! That's great! Makes it a lot easier- I can't wait for AB 2012!!
AB 2024- Celebi (Pokémon)
AB 2022- Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts)