Valid forms of ID for 18+ events?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
0o0o0o0o0o0
I'm new!

Valid forms of ID for 18+ events?

Post by 0o0o0o0o0o0 »

So I'm 18 right now, and I don't have my driver's license yet (which I have quickly realized is a great inconvenience)

Do I need a gov't issued ID to get into these events? I have high school and college IDs with my name/pic on it (no birthday), a driver's permit (flimsy piece of paper), a passport that expired early last year, my medical insurance card (just name, no pic/bday), and my debit card which has my photo on it.

What do? :/
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Re: Valid forms of ID for 18+ events?

Post by nightmareman00 »

Yes you will need a government picture ID to enter the 18 + events doesn't have to be a license though a ID card should be fine and should only take a week our two have sent to you
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

nightmareman00 wrote:Yes you will need a government picture ID to enter the 18 + events doesn't have to be a license though a ID card should be fine and should only take a week our two have sent to you
While you may be correct in this instance, please don't answer questions for staff. We want to avoid confusion amongst the attendees.

However, you will need a government-issued photo ID with your date of birth on it to enter 18+ events. Driver's License, non-license State ID, or a Passport would all work.

For more info on what type of IDs are required where, see our FAQ: http://www.animeboston.com/about/general_faq/#4
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

Ah sorry

Faceman wrote:
nightmareman00 wrote:Yes you will need a government picture ID to enter the 18 + events doesn't have to be a license though a ID card should be fine and should only take a week our two have sent to you
While you may be correct in this instance, please don't answer questions for staff. We want to avoid confusion amongst the attendees.

However, you will need a government-issued photo ID with your date of birth on it to enter 18+ events. Driver's License, non-license State ID, or a Passport would all work.

For more info on what type of IDs are required where, see our FAQ: http://www.animeboston.com/about/general_faq/#4
reaper527
Determined Poster

Post by reaper527 »

0o0o0o0o0o0 wrote:So I'm 18 right now, and I don't have my driver's license yet (which I have quickly realized is a great inconvenience)

Do I need a gov't issued ID to get into these events? I have high school and college IDs with my name/pic on it (no birthday), a driver's permit (flimsy piece of paper), a passport that expired early last year, my medical insurance card (just name, no pic/bday), and my debit card which has my photo on it.

What do? :/

since you have your learners permit, perhaps (assuming you are ready) you can schedule your license test soon enough that you will have your license in time for AB?

since the fact you have your permit shows that you intend to get a drivers license eventually, and a license is the most common form of id for... anything you could ever want to do (including but not limited to 18+ ab panels, buying alcohol, buying cold medicine, buying compressed air, flying, opening a bank account, buying a firearm, and in sensible states - voting), you might as well bite the bullet and get it now if possible.
"Asking cosplayers to walk through a metal detector is like asking Axl Rose to take a drug test." -Bluebeard45