Website Feedback and Suggestions

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
mistyhayes88
Expert Poster

Re: Website Feedback and Suggestions

Post by mistyhayes88 »

1) How often do you access the Anime Boston website? Does your access become more frequent within 2 months before or after the convention?
I like to check the AB website once or twice a month normally. 2 months before and after the con I check the site almost every day.

2) When you visit the website, is it to find specific information (about the hotel, Masquerade, etc), or to check for news and updates? Or a combination of the two?
I'd have to say it's a combination of the two. Though I desire the updates more, because I don't participate (I attend as a guest) in events, and so the only things regarding the events that I need are on the schedule.

I also book my room either before AB has finalized their prices with the Sheraton or with another hotel completely, so the hotel information is a moot point for me.

I'd have to say, I get excited by even small (almost meaningless) updates on how the staff is working on the coming Anime Boston.(For the first time ever, I have a costume! It's in my closet waiting for AB2013)

3) As far as specific information, what are the top (up to 5) topics that are of importance to you?
1)Updates - Makes me excited all over again for the upcoming AB, no matter how trivial the update may seem
2)Guests - I love to look up information on the guests! Their professions, and how they deal with them, are very interesting to learn about!
3)FAQs\Policy changes - Every year I reread the general FAQs and policies, I want to make sure that I don't ignorantly ruin AB for myself\others\everyone, or prevent myself entrance!
4)Dealers Room external links - every year, I find that I regret not getting that one key-chain, plushie, or demon ears. I try to find their websites (browse their selection and make a list for next year. My policy is to only buy my Anime related merchandise while attending AB, gives me a reason to save up, to get excited, to know I won't find myself lacking in goodies or memories!

4) How do you primarily go about finding the information? Methods can include checking the Anime Boston home page, browsing through the pages, Googling, the forums, the RSS feed, our official AB Twitter and Facebook pages, word of mouth from friends, or anything else you can think of.
I find a lot of info on the AB home page or link from the home page, I also find some info on the hotel's personal page, or the forums (a large part is found here actually)
Also Wikipedia, very nice when looking up guest information (that hasn't been written in shorthand)

5) Do you consider it at all important to find information from previous Anime Boston conventions? If so, which information would you like to see readily available from past years?

Guests- It'd make it a lot easier to see the trends in guests at AB, A little history they have with the Convention, and perhaps help open new guest opportunities by pointing out those trends.

6) Is there anything you like or dislike about the current website and why? If there is a dislike, what would you do to improve it?
I can't say there is anything, except that perhaps between 2012 and 2013 there be a few more updates, ones that read like a facebook status "Preparing AB Staff meeting schedule! Going to plan an epic new theme!" or other such things that get us pumped!
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

The forum's kinda borked when it comes to staying logged in. Sessions time out if you leave the page and come back to it.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Post by LantisEscudo »

BasharOfTheAges wrote:The forum's kinda borked when it comes to staying logged in. Sessions time out if you leave the page and come back to it.
And the "Log me in automatically each time" seems to be broken as well. Session cookies seem to time out after somewhere between 10 minutes and an hour, even if I leave the tab open (I'm testing to narrow that window now).
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Thanks guys. I fixed it just now. It should be good. I was goofing with it the other night, and forgot to switch something back.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Supermot
AB Alumni

Post by Supermot »

Can we make it so that external hyperlinks posted on the forum open in a new tab?
Tom Wilder
Staff Supply Manager 2011-12
Staff Logistics 2013
Merch. Staff 2014-15

Doug's brother 1983-present
Yuuki Onozawa
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Yuuki Onozawa »

1) How often do you access the Anime Boston website? Does your access become more frequent within 2 months before or after the convention?
First time coming onto the site. Only once a week to a month depending on how busy I am.

2) When you visit the website, is it to find specific information (about the hotel, Masquerade, etc), or to check for news and updates? Or a combination of the two?
Both. And also to check into the forums for news feeds, post my questions, etc.

3) As far as specific information, what are the top (up to 5) topics that are of importance to you?
Directions to the event, times and schedual of events, news, and all general information about the event.

4) How do you primarily go about finding the information? Methods can include checking the Anime Boston home page, browsing through the pages, Googling, the forums, the RSS feed, our official AB Twitter and Facebook pages, word of mouth from friends, or anything else you can think of.
All of the above.

5) Do you consider it at all important to find information from previous Anime Boston conventions? If so, which information would you like to see readily available from past years?
First time. Will post later.

6) Is there anything you like or dislike about the current website and why? If there is a dislike, what would you do to improve it?
I love the organized links. But the forums, to insert my avatar has size limits. I would like to see this size limit lifted so I can put in any picture that represents me no matter how large the file is. Otherwise everything seems to be cool at the moment.