Swap Meet question

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
okapirose
Determined Poster

Swap Meet question

Post by okapirose »

This year I plan to bring a bunch of manga and anime that I don't want anymore to the swap meet. Thing is, never done it before. How does it work?

Do we just bring our stuff in and sit with it until someone comes over and says "I'll trade you this for that"?

Asking because I have a table in Artist Alley to run and I can't be at the meet for the entire day.
TheNintendOtaku
Experienced Poster

Swap Meet question

Post by TheNintendOtaku »

The swap meet works a bit like a panel in that it only last for an hour or so starting and ending at a set time. You can find out exactly when it will be when the panel scheduale comes out, but I believe they usually have one late friday afternoon.

All you have to do is show up at some point during the swap, set your stuff down on an empty table, and wait for people to come by and ask about items. You can also walk around yourself and ask other people about their items.

I found it handy to go with a friend last year. One of us could browse and the other stayed with our stuff. That way if someone made an offer while I was away, my girlfriend would be able to call me back to barter with them. (and of course, we'd trade off whenever the sitter wanted to browse) Hope this is helpful!
I've been attending since AB 2009! You can find me on Twitter or Backloggery as TheNintendOtaku.
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Swap Meet question

Post by Kagomechan »

The Swap Meet is from 8:30 to 10:30 on Friday night and 9:30 to 11:30 on Saturday night. :)
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
Faceman
AB Executive

Swap Meet question

Post by Faceman »

Hi,

There's a Swap Meet page under our Events section here: http://www.animeboston.com/events/swapmeet/

Also a Swap Meet exchange thread stickied at the top of the Other Programming forum: showforum.php?fid/11/

The Swap Meet will occur on Friday and Saturday, for 2 hours each. Please check the newly released Con Schedule for details: http://www.animeboston.com/events/schedule/
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
okapirose
Determined Poster

Swap Meet question

Post by okapirose »

Thanks so much, that's exceedingly helpful C:
okapirose
Determined Poster

Swap Meet question

Post by okapirose »

Thanks, found out what I needed to know C: