Line Issues for Artists

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
cirqueducrochet
Getting the hang of this...

Line Issues for Artists

Post by cirqueducrochet »

Hi,

This will be my first time coming to Anime Boston as an artist in the Artist Alley. One of the big draws for coming was the fact that I've always really enjoyed the events that went on, and this year is no exception. What I was wondering is, is there going to be a way for someone with a table to see the masquerade/concerts? I'd really love to see them, but I won't be able to wait in line for hours to go in. My partner also wants to go see some of the events as well. Would we just have to close up shop, or is there a way for us to be able to get tickets to get in? I know at other cons we've been given little tokens to get into the masquerade by the Artist Alley staff.

Thanaks!
guiiii
AB Staff

Line Issues for Artists

Post by guiiii »

Hi,

We do have a ticketing system for the masquerade and as long as you have a ticket you will be guaranteed a seat for the event. You won't need to stay in line, unless, of course, you want to be the first person to pass through the doors. Tickets for the masquerade will be distributed some time Sat. morning. There will be more info on this once all processes are finalized so keep an eye out in the forums.
Always tell the truth, even if you have to lie
Guilherme Z. Machado
AB Security Assistant Manager
06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-X-X-23
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Line Issues for Artists

Post by Kagomechan »

As Gui said, there is a Masquerade Seating Policy. It's located here:

http://www.animeboston.com/about/masq_policy/
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
KitsuneCreations
Veteran Poster

Line Issues for Artists

Post by KitsuneCreations »

I was wondering the same... about the concerts in particular!
KitsuneCreation.etsy.com | Instagram.com/KitsuneCreation | Facebook.com/KitsuneCreation
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Line Issues for Artists

Post by MerchMaven »

The majority of Anime Boston's events are not ticketed. Having worked Artist's Alleys before, I understand the difficulty in choosing, and it is a time when having a helper comes in handy. Most of the time for my studio, we had things that one person wanted to attend, but not the other, and there were trade-offs.

Attending the con as a dealer or an AA participant is different than just going as an attendee; business often interferes with pleasure, and the choice has to be made which of the two is more important. Or find an assistant who doesn't have any interest in what you want to see. ;)
Kerry Walker
Anime Boston Merch Manager, 2006-2019
Anime Boston Security, 2004-2006
Mosquito1945
AB Staff

Line Issues for Artists

Post by Mosquito1945 »

Or switch partway through if both of you want to go. That's what we usually end up doing for the concerts. You get to see it and not piss off your helper :)
Kate Harrison
Asst. Merchandising Manager
KitsuneCreations
Veteran Poster

Line Issues for Artists

Post by KitsuneCreations »

Thanks :) Normally when I do Artists Alleys Im perfectly content being there all weekend XD But I really want to see Stereopony haha. My boyfriend runs the table with me, Im sure he wouldn't mind taking over if I leave, but it would be nice if we could both go. Oh well, choices and sacrifices I guess :)
KitsuneCreation.etsy.com | Instagram.com/KitsuneCreation | Facebook.com/KitsuneCreation