Dances/Balls at AB?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
turpentiney
Veteran Poster

Dances/Balls at AB?

Post by turpentiney »

I'm sorry if its a 'noob' question or whatever, but this will be my 2nd con, and the first one I think my dad will actually let me stay late enough for a dance/ball. I've been hearing a few things, and I'm wondering, what kind(s) of dances/balls are at AB? I've seen some stuff where people were asking about glowing, but then I saw some older posts about more formal 'balls'. Are there both? Only one? When are they usually, and most importantly, when is the information usually released about it?
I'm sorry, I'm just really curious, and I'm going to have to pass this by my dad soon, cause my mom and sister will be in Europe and won't be able to stand up for me (to let me stay later/actually buy the tickets) at the time of the con...
Sorry if there's already information/question regarding this, but I haven't seen anything recent, and nothing about the dance... I've been searching around the site, but I haven't found nothing...
Thank you everyone in advance~
AB 14:
Armin Arlert
(進撃の巨人/Attack on Titan)
Mirai Kuriyama (境界の彼方/Beyond the Boundary)
Yui Komori (DIABOLIK LOVERS)
HeavenlyAnime
Expert Poster

Dances/Balls at AB?

Post by HeavenlyAnime »

this is a good question. well the only dance i know of is the BIG one it is the dance at saturday night.

you will want to try and make it it is fun! they even have a DJ! everyone has fun there :D

But be warned if you have stuff with you/food you cannot bring it with you to the dance. you will have to leave outside (the dance is in a big room)

i also suggest eating something before dancing for energy you don want to become weak or even dhydrated while dancing :(

i also think you are allowed to go in for free you just have to wait in line.

i am sorry if this doesnt help but i guess you can go to the dance if you are not able to attend the ball.i guess you could think of it as a backplan ;)
Last edited by HeavenlyAnime on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: left out some important info
i am a calm yet random fanboy
HeavenlyAnime
Expert Poster

Dances/Balls at AB?

Post by HeavenlyAnime »

Look for this forum

THE NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM.

they just put something up that i think is what excatly you were looking for. it is ball but the tickets are limited so i guess it a first come first served type of deal.

it is titled announcing the melody ball.
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Dances/Balls at AB?

Post by Kagomechan »

There are both kinds of dances at AB, a formal ball and two informal dances.

Melody Ball Information is here.

The informal dances run on both Friday and Saturday nights, usually starting around 10 or 11pm and running until 2am.

HeavenlyAnime, please do not answer questions meant for staff. We do not want the wrong information given out. Thank you.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
turpentiney
Veteran Poster

Dances/Balls at AB?

Post by turpentiney »

;A; I feel like an uber nooblet now. I forgot to check before posting >.<
Yet! I am now very excited! I really wanna go~ I mean, I WANT to go, I am making my dad taking me. No no, not making... Forcing .___.
Hey! It's for charity :3 even if he comes in, watches me for an hour, then leaves, he's still supporting a cause~
AB 14:
Armin Arlert
(進撃の巨人/Attack on Titan)
Mirai Kuriyama (境界の彼方/Beyond the Boundary)
Yui Komori (DIABOLIK LOVERS)
HeavenlyAnime
Expert Poster

Dances/Balls at AB?

Post by HeavenlyAnime »

i am very sorry i thought this was a question the can be answered by anyone.

i am sorry i jumped the gun.