Sheraton Hotel Reservation Question?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Fyrii
Experienced Poster

Post by Fyrii »

[color:purple]Hi, I have a question regarding checking into the hotel and their policies...

It'll be me and 3 other friends taking a hotel, one of whom is 21 and the rest of us are 18-19 years old.

If we are checking in, do we ALL need to be 20+? Or just one person to check us in, because the hotel stated on their site that attendees must be 20+...

Also, if we are checking in Thursday night (the 21st) and we want to leave Sunday morning, would I put in the site that I am reserving from the 21st-23rd? I'm a little confused as to how many nights that is with the way the website's calendar is set up..

And, do we have to have a credit card to pay or can we pay with cash upfront?

(PS: Is there a price difference with social and quiet block or is that just a noise level thing?)

[/color]
Previous Cons:
CTCon ‘08
CTCon ‘09
CTCon ‘10

Anime Boston ‘11
CTCon ‘11
Anime Boston ‘12
CTCon ‘12
Another Anime Convention ‘12
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

[quote=Fyrii][color:purple]Hi, I have a question regarding checking into the hotel and their policies...

It'll be me and 3 other friends taking a hotel, one of whom is 21 and the rest of us are 18-19 years old.

If we are checking in, do we ALL need to be 20+? Or just one person to check us in, because the hotel stated on their site that attendees must be 20+...[/quote]

No, but the person who reserves the room MUST be 20+. There can be other people in the room under 20.

[quote]Also, if we are checking in Thursday night (the 21st) and we want to leave Sunday morning, would I put in the site that I am reserving from the 21st-23rd? I'm a little confused as to how many nights that is with the way the website's calendar is set up..[/quote]

When the calendar pops up for you to select your check IN and check OUT dates you put Thursday (the 21st) and Sunday (the 24th). Once you do that, below the calendar it says:

Travel Dates:
21 APR 2011 to 24 APR 2011
Length of Stay: 3 nights

Press Continue from there.

[quote]And, do we have to have a credit card to pay or can we pay with cash upfront?

(PS: Is there a price difference with social and quiet block or is that just a noise level thing?)

As answered in another post, you MUST reserve with a credit card. You can pay cash at check in.

There is no price difference between the social and quiet block. The quiet block is for people that want quiet and are more likely to be mixed in with other guests of the hotel. The social block is the more social people and some level of noise is expected but people must still be respectful of other guests on their floor and in adjacent rooms.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005