Hotel Discounts?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Little Pervert
Experienced Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by Little Pervert »

I was just checking up on the prices per night and for the room and number of people I have it comes to around $220 a night, ( or is that the price with the discout?)
Now I know most .. just about all, cons have discounts, so I was wondering how much is taken off?
PatrickD
AB Staff

Hotel Discounts?

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=Little Pervert]Now I know most .. just about all, cons have discounts, so I was wondering how much is taken off?[/quote]
Right now...none.

http://www.animeboston.com/location/hotel/
"Hotel information for Anime Boston 2011 is not currently available. Please check back soon!"

We do not recommend booking a room with the hotel yet. Once the convention rates are available, they will be posted on the above link.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by egyptianruin »

Do you have a roundabout time they will be available. Since I got my table for Artist Alley I wanted to get a room as soon as possible :)
Selling kawaii, kitsch and often geeky items.

cutenkitschy.com
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Hotel Discounts?

Post by Kagomechan »

We finally signed the hotel addendum last week. I'm hoping to have the website links this week. Sorry for the delay.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by egyptianruin »

<3 Thanks!

cutenkitschy.com
master chief
Veteran Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by master chief »

yes thank you so much:)
LusciousGrapes
Expert Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by LusciousGrapes »

I didn't want to create a new topic for this incase people got mad.

I was under the impression that check-in age was 18. Or is that for normal hotel rooms and not with the con?
formerly: xturbulancexx
AB12: Subaru Sumeragi [Tokyo Babylon], Roxy Lalonde [Homestuck (God Tier)]
AB13: Latula Pyrope (God Tier, casual), Aradia Megido (God Tier, casual), possible Altair, Dave Strider, Subaru Sumeragi
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Hotel Discounts?

Post by Kagomechan »

Check in age varies with hotel chain. Starwood Hotels (Sheraton, Westin, etc.) are 21 and over. Previous to 2010, the Sheraton allowed people 18+ to check in because they know many of our attendees are college/high school aged. However, some bad apples were causing problems and the Sheraton decided to enforce the 21+ policy in 2010.

We've asked them to relax this policy in 2011 to 20+ and they've agreed to do so. BUT if people cause problems this year it will be 21+ again going forward with no further negotiations.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by egyptianruin »

Thanks for putting the info up. I went ahead and reserved my room. I noticed on the actual email I got though that it says:

Rate Plan
Anime Boston 2011 (q

It cuts off Quiet Room as me and my roomie are artists and like our sleep, lol. Do you know off hand if it will show up correctly on their end? I don't want to be in the social block - although social I don't like partying - I'm old.

cutenkitschy.com
Suna Sato
Veteran Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by Suna Sato »

you booked with the hotel under AB.... I hope you booked to stay at least til Monday morning... cause if not your screwed... they kicked guests out at 10 am and they are Nazis when it comes to cleaning up after you.... All the power to you i realize Anime Boston needs people to stay with there rates.... But for me its not worth the aggravation....
Of Course im Jenova again this year! Join me my children the year of the Jenovas Witness begins!!!!
Nyiana
AB Alumni

Hotel Discounts?

Post by Nyiana »

Checkout times have changed from 10am to 11am for 2011.

Also after you checkout from the hotel, if you are going to stay at the convention, you can have the hotel hold your bags for you for a small fee. It is a much cheaper solution for some guests who will not have the financial ability to take out an extra night. The Sheraton does work with its guest to ensure that even after checkout that attendees are still able to enjoy the convention.

Also personally, I believe that you always need to leave your hotel room the way you found it. That way it is easy for the maids to clean up and tidy up the room, and everyone is happy and can go on with their lives.
Samantha Normandin
2017 Convention Operations Staff

2015-2016 Attendee
2014 ConOps
2013 Attendee
2010-2012 ConOps
2007-2009 Attendee
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by egyptianruin »

I stayed there last year and just checked my bags to go work in Artist Alley. The only part about my entire stay that I did not like was after retrieving my bags as the end of day in conjunction with the bags from artists alley it was a pain to get to the curb - but I did - then they moved our car up around the corner and the hotel flat our REFUSED to let us use a cart to move our bags from the front doors to the car that the valet parked far away - said it was for HOTEL GUESTS ONLY - I was like I guess when you checkout you are no longer a guest. This caused the hotel guys and the valet to get into a huge fight and the valet called them names. I had to move each bag one by one to the car and ended up with an asthma attack in the process (I have a disability tag because my asthma is so bad).

cutenkitschy.com
master chief
Veteran Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by master chief »

wow talk about rude. thats messed up
BDragonD24
Committed Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by BDragonD24 »

As this juncture there probably isn't much that you can do concerning this incident. However should anything ever happen in the future please speak with hotel relations staff such as the concierge as I highly doubt the hotel is out to create bad impressions on its guests and its future potential guests. The hotel can't address any issues if they aren't reported to the proper parties. The staff on the curb is not necessarily who you would report a problem, such as the one you mentioned, to.
starwolf8989
Expert Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by starwolf8989 »

yeah I just reserved my room!
this year I decided to book in the social block, because when I was in the quiet block I had to walk far to get to the elevators... How loud and for how long is the social block 'social'?
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Hotel Discounts?

Post by egyptianruin »

Sadly I did report it to the hotel concierge and they told me, sorry the carts are assigned to individual guys and they only take stuff in to the hotel. :(

cutenkitschy.com