Thing You Need For Anime Boston

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

For the past 2 years me and my friends have been making careless mistakes of not bringing stuff you might need, and it was the same mistakes for 2 years in a row.
so i thought making a list of stuff you might need for anime boston could help everyone and new comers not make the same mistake.

Some Things You'd Need.
  • Duct Tape - i herd if your costume rips you just put it on the inside linning. Also it helps if your weapon breaks.

Sewing Kit - Another useful tool if your costume rips.

Water - and alot of it.

Food - you dont wanna be "that guy" who passes out.

Tide To Go - trust me, you'll need it. This has happened to atleast 4 of my friends in the past 2 years.

Causual Clothes - Just incase something happens its always good to have a back up.

Different Shaped Underwear - I know that sounds dumb, but trust me. My friend got all chafey and had to ditch hers. Don't make the same mistake.
Anything I Might've Missed?
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
WildHoneyPie4
Getting the hang of this...

Post by WildHoneyPie4 »

It's good to have some money with you to get food and water and other cool stuff.
Vanta
Experienced Poster

Post by Vanta »

Camera and batteries! And a phone charger xD My phone died on me the last con I went to, and I was lucky enough to have friends who were coming up that morning that could stop by my house and grab it for me.

Hot glue gun too O_O And wig styling stuff. Bobby pins galoooree, spray, gel, scissors...well, I'm an over-packer so don't take it from me exclusively xD
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

-Back up money (for emergencies and such)...and something to maybe hide food money in so you don't spend it on art/merch (cousin did this her first year I think)

-A small-ish to medium bag to carry around the supplies mentioned above, and anything you may buy

-maybe a comfortable pair of shoes (if your wearing a cosplay that requires non comfrotable ones

-Deoderant....

-maybe something to do while waiting in lines like a deck of cards. something that can get other people involves/amused.
yunaofparadise
Dedicated Poster

Post by yunaofparadise »

Bring a water bottle you can use all day. That way you can refill instead of spending more money on pricy water bottles at the food court. They are not cheap.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

See the "how much money should a first time anime boston timer bring?" and "Anime Boston 2011 (Hope to see you!!!!)" threads (the latter is also current) and in particular AnimeCons.com's "How-To Guides".