Question regarding medication

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
rottinghouse
I'm new!

Question regarding medication

Post by rottinghouse »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but am I allowed to bring prescription medication into the convention center with me? I take Xanax for my anxiety, and since I have a high chance of having an anxiety attack, I want to know if I'm allowed to bring it in with me. Thank you!
Hey
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Re: Question regarding medication

Post by Kalyoth »

rottinghouse wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:02 am Sorry if this is a dumb question, but am I allowed to bring prescription medication into the convention center with me? I take Xanax for my anxiety, and since I have a high chance of having an anxiety attack, I want to know if I'm allowed to bring it in with me. Thank you!
***Not Staff***

In my experience as an attendee of 50+ conventions, I'd make sure I had the actual prescription container naming what it is for security/police to identify it.

I would direct you here for an official answer - http://www.animeboston.com/coninfo/contact/
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
dkracum
AB Staff

Post by dkracum »

Hello!
Your question is not dumb. Someone else may want an answer to the same question, but is nervous to ask. This helps others! :D
Since your medication is by prescription and you say you may need it in case of an anxiety attack, I suggest bringing it in a plastic bag in its original bottle (with the directions in case staff or security ask).
If they ask, just tell them what you already said here as to why you need it with you.
I also am at risk of having something similar to that, so I bring what I need to deal with it.
I hope this helps!
Danielle Kracum
Anime Boston Staff
Registration (2024)
Operations: Security (2019 - 2023)
Guest Relations: Green Room (2018)

Baker, Candy-maker, and Clover Huntress
🍀 Believe, and they will aid you when you need it most. 🍀
rottinghouse
I'm new!

Post by rottinghouse »

dkracum wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:20 am Hello!
Your question is not dumb. Someone else may want an answer to the same question, but is nervous to ask. This helps others! :D
Since your medication is by prescription and you say you may need it in case of an anxiety attack, I suggest bringing it in a plastic bag in its original bottle (with the directions in case staff or security ask).
If they ask, just tell them what you already said here as to why you need it with you.
I also am at risk of having something similar to that, so I bring what I need to deal with it.
I hope this helps!
Thank you so so much! :D
Hey