How do I sign up for the Formal Ball?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
konoha123
Experienced Poster

How do I sign up for the Formal Ball?

Post by konoha123 »

I feel like this is a dumb question, but how do you sign up? I tried doing it today and when I entered my e-mail, it warned me that I may already be signed up for this event, which I know I'm not. Also, the ticket said it cost nothing when I was trying to sign up, but on the Formal Ball page it said it costs $4.

Can somebody help me? :shock:
Anime Boston 2013 Cosplays:
Friday: Sailor V- Sailor Moon
Saturday:Sailor Cosmos- Sailor Moon
coadifer
Veteran Poster

Re: How do I sign up for the Formal Ball?

Post by coadifer »

I had the same problem I signed up for it yesterday and got a message that I was registered but didn't have to pay anything.... I know the tickets are usually $4 but if we already signed up for a ticket then what are we supposed to do, register again?
Just curious.
Anime Boston 2015 Lineup Friday- Cecil Baldwin (WTNV) Saturday- Suki (A:TLA) Sunday- Unsure
Faceman
AB Staff

Post by Faceman »

There's an issue with the formal ball ticket buying system. We're currently working with our vendor to iron out the issue. Once we do, someone who knows more about it than I do will post here.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
konoha123
Experienced Poster

Post by konoha123 »

yeah now the formal ball info is gone from the front page, so I assume noone was able to get tickets yesterday?
coadifer
Veteran Poster

Post by coadifer »

Still waiting to hear about what's going on with this. I'd like to get my ticket soon, and I'm just curious what's up with it. The site now doesn't even have any info about getting a ticket except for at-con.
Anime Boston 2015 Lineup Friday- Cecil Baldwin (WTNV) Saturday- Suki (A:TLA) Sunday- Unsure
tylerofmaine
AB Staff

Post by tylerofmaine »

coadifer wrote:Still waiting to hear about what's going on with this. I'd like to get my ticket soon, and I'm just curious what's up with it. The site now doesn't even have any info about getting a ticket except for at-con.
There was a problem with the ticketing system, the problem will be fixed soon and a new link to purchase tickets will be posted on the front page at that time.
Tyler van Drell
Chief of Staff, Technical Operations Division ‘24
Faceman
AB Staff

Post by Faceman »

Update 3/14/12:

Unfortunately we have had some issues with the online system used to purchase tickets for the Pheonix Ball. While we hope the issue is resolved, we are aware that some bugs may still exist.

Rather than continuing to wait for all the bugs to be worked out, we are proceeding with the current system. However, please read the instructions on our Phoenix Ball page for instructions when purchasing tickets. They should help to avoid the issue that was occurring previously.
Chris O'Connell

ChibiKoun
Veteran Poster

Post by ChibiKoun »

I just tried to purchase a ticket, and the page was correct when it loaded. However, the confirmation page says I was charged $45 dollars for a weekend pass. I checked my bank account balance, and yes, I was charged $45, so it's not just the wrong page showing. Needless to say, still a bit of problem. Who should I get in contact with to solve this?

Edit: Nevermind, I see who I need to contact.
2014 Cosplay!

1. Empress Elisabeth from エリザベート ~愛と死の輪舞
2. Super Sailor Neptune from Sailor Moon
3.Lady Oscar François de Jarjayes from The Rose of Versailles
coadifer
Veteran Poster

Post by coadifer »

Now my last question is where we pick up our tickets- I'm all registered just need to know whee to get my ticket now.

Thanks for all the help!
konoha123
Experienced Poster

Post by konoha123 »

ChibiKoun wrote:I just tried to purchase a ticket, and the page was correct when it loaded. However, the confirmation page says I was charged $45 dollars for a weekend pass. I checked my bank account balance, and yes, I was charged $45, so it's not just the wrong page showing. Needless to say, still a bit of problem. Who should I get in contact with to solve this?

Edit: Nevermind, I see who I need to contact.
I just had this same problem, I really hope it gets resolved soon.
ChibiKoun
Veteran Poster

Post by ChibiKoun »

Okay, my issue has been resolved and I have a ticket. Thank you, AB staffers!
2014 Cosplay!

1. Empress Elisabeth from エリザベート ~愛と死の輪舞
2. Super Sailor Neptune from Sailor Moon
3.Lady Oscar François de Jarjayes from The Rose of Versailles
coadifer
Veteran Poster

Post by coadifer »

I got emailed today that my ticket was cancelled. I think it was for the first time I registered for my ticket, but I registered a second time as well and paid the $4 and got a second email confirming my purchase. Do I still have a ticket? I emailed registration but haven't received a reply yet. Should I be worried?
Faceman
AB Staff

Post by Faceman »

Registration will get back to you as soon as they are able to, and answer your question. Unfortunately, I can't answer it for them.
Chris O'Connell