Con Plague 2014

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2014.
Aviflora
Determined Poster

Con Plague 2014

Post by Aviflora »

Hello everyone!

I can always tell that Anime Boston is over when I'm stuck in my bed in agony because of my good friend, Con Plague. I did think it was the flu, but now it looks more like some sort of 24-hour bug on top of a sinus infection. How is everyone else doing??

Please keep your health top priority!
AB '07 - Myself <3
AB '08 - Orihime Inoue [Bleach]
AB '09 - Miwako Sakurada [Paradise KISS]
AB '10 - Did not attend :C
AB '11 - Myself
AB '12 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '13 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '14 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]

AB '15 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '16 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '17 - Season 4 Ruby Rose [RWBY],
Yennefer [Witcher 3]
PatternerMage
Expert Poster

Re: Con Plague 2014

Post by PatternerMage »

Same here. I had a sore throat all weekend, but I kind of just attributed it to talking more than usual (I generally do not speak more than I have to, but at cons it is different). By this morning it has morphed into a bit of a cold. Yay.

I hope you feel better soon! *passes the cold medicine and some tea and chocolate*
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

Same with my family, except it Seems like allergies (stuffy nose, sneezing, headache) but it Always happens the Monday after con.
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

I'm not sick as in con-plague sick, I'm more sick in terms of "oh dear lord, all the muscles in my thighs & upper arms are screaming in agony!"
This is what happens when you're mostly on your feet all the time for 3 days straight..... :? Was mostly ok yesterday, and then stopped moving....

ow ow ow
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
dokuro
Experienced Poster

Post by dokuro »

Surprisingly didn't get sick even after what I put my body through (excess food, cold, sleep deprivation) I thought I was going to throw up on Thurwday and Friday, and had a splitting headache on Wednesday and Thursday but it turns out thatwasjustwomanproblems . Even now my body feels great, but I did skip school today because I just really needed a day to sleep in. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to think for anything.

I hope you make a quick recovery! D: do you think bringing some sort of medication or vitamin supplements next year would help? I brought ibuprofen just in case for simple pains and it was o.k. for the bag check.
Amjam
Determined Poster

Post by Amjam »

I thought I'd escaped it completely but I've been sneezing all morning and my best friend (and hotel room mate) missed school today with con bug. Hoping she didn't infect me too.
:geek: Arthur
attendee since '06, occasional panelist
Dashie
Experienced Poster

Post by Dashie »

Got a bad stomach bug. Sorry for all of those who got the cold/flu con plague T.T
Executionervt009
Experienced Poster

Post by Executionervt009 »

That's I always get nervous about the high five lines on the escalators, lol!
Halloween Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Halloween Kitsune »

Con-plague..not so much. More like coworkers got the con-plague...and I had to cover opening shift for them this morning..which really sucked. I should learn to take Monday off, now that I live in Boston....take time to recover. That and someone mentioned the pain of the body from being on your feet for almost all three days. Carrying a shield for the majority of the con...ow!!

Feel better for all those who did come down with the conplague
2020: Bowsette/Senko-san
2019: Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
2018: Lady Sephiroth
2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda

Past Cosplays:
2016: LoL Ahri
2015: FF14 Miqo'te Bard
2014: Twilight Princess Link
2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
2012: Chell (Portal 2)
2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
2009: KH2 Roxas

Owner and master of Fox and Bear Cosplay:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxandBearCosplay
PatternerMage
Expert Poster

Post by PatternerMage »

dokuro wrote:Surprisingly didn't get sick even after what I put my body through (excess food, cold, sleep deprivation) I thought I was going to throw up on Thurwday and Friday, and had a splitting headache on Wednesday and Thursday but it turns out thatwasjustwomanproblems . Even now my body feels great, but I did skip school today because I just really needed a day to sleep in. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to think for anything.

I hope you make a quick recovery! D: do you think bringing some sort of medication or vitamin supplements next year would help? I brought ibuprofen just in case for simple pains and it was o.k. for the bag check.
Oh, sleep sounds so good right now! Unfortunately right now is midterm time at my college (this week and last week) so there's no sleep to be had for anyone. Half the class in my midterm this morning was coughing. My guess is that I was dead meat after not sleeping much last week because of studying/last minute con preparations.

Also, this freaking cold weather does not help. It is Spring! SPRING! That means 21 degrees with a 10 degrees wind chill is not acceptable (as it was in Albany yesterday). Mehhhhhhh I wants warm weather...

Prevention, though, is a good thing. Taking care of yourself and sleeping enough before a con is always a good idea :)
Sometimes it just does not work out x3
Executionervt009 wrote:That's I always get nervous about the high five lines on the escalators, lol!
I worried about this too! Also the hugging. I washed my hands every chance possible to avoid spreading anything, but that's hard in such a large crowd.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Shinobi Kitsune wrote:I should learn to take Monday off, now that I live in Boston....take time to recover. That and someone mentioned the pain of the body from being on your feet for almost all three days. Carrying a shield for the majority of the con...ow!!
This is why I've been taking Mondays off from AB06 onward. Slept to about 9:45 am yesterday... :roll:
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Naokichan
Veteran Poster

Post by Naokichan »

I've got a bit of con plague. It started on saturday. Sort of feels like the flu, but not at the same time.
Anime Boston 2016 Cosplays:
Sadness from Inside Out
Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler
Chat Noir from Miraculous
Modern England from Hetalia

Anime Boston 2017 Cosplays:
Chat Noir from Miraculous
Mei from Overwatch
Pyrrha Nikos school outfit from RWBY
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

The escalator high-fives probably didn't help, to be honest, in avoiding con plague. :(
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
Questionable Fairy
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Questionable Fairy »

I actually thought I was catching a cold before two days before the convention started. Stuffy nose along with a slight cough, but it was gone by Friday. Still feeling good though, except for the blisters behind my ankles. My shoes hated me.
Hope all of you get better soon!
The best part of waking up, is acid in your cup!
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I got chills all con long, and just now, I kind of have a faint "going to throw up" feeling, but not really. It's very close to subsiding completely, but it's there.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
President Aria
Veteran Poster

Post by President Aria »

That's why I refuse to do that retarded escalator high five thing. No thanks, keep your germs to yourselves. I made it through healthy as usual.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I don't high-five, but I DO "Syke!" (sp?) ... people making them THINK I am going to.

Anywho, I have the worst immune system I have ever seen, so I am doomed to get sick no matter what. I get everything. You name it, I get it.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
vulpixi_misa
Experienced Poster

Post by vulpixi_misa »

Executionervt009 wrote:That's I always get nervous about the high five lines on the escalators, lol!
*laughs* I continue to high five people regardless. I know there's a hand sanitzer station right on the top of the third floor, so that's always a good thing. Lately people have been fist bumping instead but I end up getting punched so I don't do that. =w=;