Gundam Wing Panel 2003

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories and photos from Anime Boston 2003 or 2004 when the convention was at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel.
Pathfinder

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Pathfinder »

[color:purple]Saturday (if I'm not mistaken) was the ever amazing and historical Gundam Wing Pannel. All five voice actors of the five Gundam Wing pilots gathered for one heck of a packed house loaded up with hundreds of screaming fans. Ah good times good times. Was anyone else there? I know I was one of those hundreds screaming, dressed up as my fav anime character of all time, Duo Maxwell. What a turn out! So many fangirls, and the yaoiness. I've got pictures somewhere, I'll try and get them online in the next couple months for everyone to see. I know shame on me, they should have been up loaded in 2003, but they went some where and I've been wondering where that location is ever since.

Then the Xmen fans asked the four out of the five to do some lines from evolution and all Mr. Morrow could remember from his lines was "kitty?" And of course we were all treated to the ever amazing "Quatre Laugh", and of course the many antics of Mr. McNeil are always spectacular. ^-^

Its has to be one of the best times I've EVER had in my life. What did you guys think about it?[/color]
Joshua Dauphinais, Anime Boston Hall Cosplay Coordinator 2009-2012.

My Law cosplay brings all the girls to the yard.

Hellie-chan
Expert Poster

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Hellie-chan »

Ah that is so amazing. I wish I could have been there to see that. It sounds like you had a good time. So lucky. Wish AB would have the 5 of them back again.
Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Seizetsu »

That sounded so cool. I loved having people who had worked so closely together at the con. Whose Line is it Anime was a blast because they all worked so well together.

I think Kirby Morrow can't remember any of his character's lines. But he plays so many that its completely understandable ^^

Me and my friends asked him to say something of Miroku's in '03 and he had to ask his assistant for help.
Pathfinder

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Pathfinder »

[color:purple]Oh gosh, he was doing the same thing with the 'kitty' thing, he had to ask the pilot sitting next time him. Mr. McNeil thinks of that kind of thing in advance, he's memorized a quite few character lines just in case.

and the quatre laugh.. heysterical..[/color]

Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Seizetsu »

Mr McNeil did seem very prepared in an autograph session I went to in 03. He was all ready with the voice of Koga in his throat when I came up to him with a picture of Koga that I had drawn. It was obvious that he remembered playing that role.

But Kirby Morrow did recognize Miroku in the picture that I had him sign! Scott McNeil just seemed more willing to give a performance right there!
Pathfinder

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Pathfinder »

[color:purple]Oh my gosh when I went to get Mr. McNeil's autograph I was so giddy because instantly he recognised who I was cosplaying as (Duo). and while he was signing my program book he asked me what my favorite line was, and when I told them I really liked them all I was shocked when he said "I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie." in Duo's voice and wrote that before his sig. I used so much self control, I was proud of myself for not squealing with glee on the spot. I've got pictures of me hugging him and one of me standing next to him from that moment. ^-^ I was so excited![/color]

Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Seizetsu »

O__O i think you may have been in line in front of me. I remember that happening to someone a few people ahead of me....I know someone hugged him and I heard him say that.
Pathfinder

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Pathfinder »

[color:purple]Oh my gosh, probably. I was so excited, and there were people behind me. ^-^ It made me so happy, he's my favorite VA. As I said, I was cosplaying Duo but I didn't have hat and my braid wasn't the right length. I was... gee.. maybe 15 or 16 years old, so I was about 5'1 which was duo's actual height at the time. (thank god I got taller)

*is officially grossed out after watching her niece be sick*

anyway... It was my first time cosplaying (and my first con), so basically it was a black outfit with a white shirt cuffed underneith for the white part on his sleeves and a piece of paper taped to the collar of my black turtle neck. Short braid, natural brown hair. instant Duo Maxwell.

To keep this on topic of the GW Panel:
I found those pictures and while I haven't had the scanned I have several of the panel, one of which is the five guys doing sexy "boy band" poses. :thumbup: very cool.[/color]

Lizzard

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Lizzard »

[quote=Pathfinder][color:purple]Oh my gosh when I went to get Mr. McNeil's autograph I was so giddy because instantly he recognised who I was cosplaying as (Duo). and while he was signing my program book he asked me what my favorite line was, and when I told them I really liked them all I was shocked when he said "I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie." in Duo's voice and wrote that before his sig. I used so much self control, I was proud of myself for not squealing with glee on the spot. I've got pictures of me hugging him and one of me standing next to him from that moment. ^-^ I was so excited![/color] [/quote]

I remember you! ^_^ Are you the little brunette the staff have taken to calling "Giggles" because you get so excited and laugh a lot when you meet the guests?

I've been working with the guests since year one, and seeing you is always one of the highlights of the convention for me. I love it when the fans get excited -- and yet still manage to be respectful and grateful. The guests work harder than you'll ever know to make you all happy.

P.S. For the record, I was the "assistant" mentioned earlier, whom Kirby had to ask about Miroku's favorite line. To this day, that is still a running joke. Will you bear my children? Only if you give me my line... I've also probably taken photos of you with the guests a million times... I always end up doing that when I'm on guard duty. ^_^
Last edited by Lizzard on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Grammar!
Lizz Donnell
2003-2008 Guest Relations
2011 21+ Lounge
Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Seizetsu »

[quote=Lizzard]

P.S. For the record, I was the "assistant" mentioned earlier, whom Kirby had to ask about Miroku's favorite line. To this day, that is still a running joke. Will you bear my children? Only if you give me my line... I've also probably taken photos of you with the guests a million times... I always end up doing that when I'm on guard duty. ^_^[/quote]

Thats....so....cool. *___*
WaruiKoohii
AB Alumni

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by WaruiKoohii »

I was there :3

It was pretty amazing that AB was able to get all of the VA's.
Edward Demaso
Anime Boston 2012 Registration Outreach
kuroki
Determined Poster

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by kuroki »

I barely remember that year. But I remember my friend wanted to ask Scott a question but the stopped the line right when she was getting up. Alas, she met Scott '05. Heh Couldn't even remember her name when he asked.
In anycase, that panel was the only reason I first went to AB.
Pathfinder

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Pathfinder »

[quote=Lizzard][quote=Pathfinder][color:purple]Oh my gosh when I went to get Mr. McNeil's autograph I was so giddy because instantly he recognised who I was cosplaying as (Duo). and while he was signing my program book he asked me what my favorite line was, and when I told them I really liked them all I was shocked when he said "I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie." in Duo's voice and wrote that before his sig. I used so much self control, I was proud of myself for not squealing with glee on the spot. I've got pictures of me hugging him and one of me standing next to him from that moment. ^-^ I was so excited![/color] [/quote]

I remember you! ^_^ Are you the little brunette the staff have taken to calling "Giggles" because you get so excited and laugh a lot when you meet the guests?

I've been working with the guests since year one, and seeing you is always one of the highlights of the convention for me. I love it when the fans get excited -- and yet still manage to be respectful and grateful. The guests work harder than you'll ever know to make you all happy.

P.S. For the record, I was the "assistant" mentioned earlier, whom Kirby had to ask about Miroku's favorite line. To this day, that is still a running joke. Will you bear my children? Only if you give me my line... I've also probably taken photos of you with the guests a million times... I always end up doing that when I'm on guard duty. ^_^[/quote]

sorry. I don't think that that's me... Mr. McNeil, Jamie McGonangal, and Bad Luck were the only guests so far that I've really been interested in meeting at AB. I've been trying to get them to ask Crispin Freeman every year... but they never get him... He's one of the only people left on my list of people I want to meet before I die... zelgadis... ^_^ can't retire that cosplay until I meet him in it.

but meeting guests is always full of awesome for me when I get to. ^________^

but mostly these days I'm busy doing half-a-million-and-one things at cons so I don't get too. but i did meet Murakami-san at Otakon... THAT was the guest of my dreams!

Chibi Ichi
I'm new!

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Chibi Ichi »

Liz!
i'm surprised you remember the Giggles thing Thats me i was Duo without the braid i froze the first time i meet him and all i could do was laugh i couldn't talk! Scott Signed my Hat!

I was Chibi Clown trowa and Chibi Duo.
Ps How are you Liz i haven't heard or seen you in a while!
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Gundam Wing Panel 2003

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

[quote=Pathfinder]sorry. I don't think that that's me... Mr. McNeil, Jamie McGonangal, and Bad Luck were the only guests so far that I've really been interested in meeting at AB. I've been trying to get them to ask Crispin Freeman every year... but they never get him... He's one of the only people left on my list of people I want to meet before I die... zelgadis... ^_^ can't retire that cosplay until I meet him in it.[/quote]

I remember Crispin was a guest at AB in 2004. :)