Best Photoshoot Moments

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2013.
astromoth
Experienced Poster

Best Photoshoot Moments

Post by astromoth »

Was wondering if anyone went to any photoshoots this year? I'd love to hear you guys's experiences. I was invited to the Naruto Photoshoot along with my sister on Saturday, and the only problem I had with it was we were sent to the left end of the hallway on the third floor, but pushed away by security, who told us to go all the way to the other side, only to go there and be told by the photoshoot coordinator (Someone dressed as Sakura, if someone can reply identifying themselves, that would be great, you were awesome) that we had to go all the way back to the other side because the event that was being held there that caused us to be held back had just finished.

The cosplayers involved got to request certain photos, some of which were interesting indeed. (I'm looking at you, lone Karin cosplayer who jumped into the Sasuke cosplayer's lap during the SakuraxSasuke picture. You were great, even if you were like, the one of the only people from the Sound Village)

So, how were you guys's photoshoots, if you took part in any?
2013: Tsunade (Naruto Shippuden)
2014: Butler!Grell (Kuroshitsuji)
2015: Fem!Austria (Hetalia)
2016: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
∞: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2016 DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
RenjiAbarai
Expert Poster

Re: Best Photoshoot Moments

Post by RenjiAbarai »

I have one from the Saturday Pokémon shoot!
There was a Brock cospayer who brought a frying pan with him, referencing one of the most epic lines from the Pokemon anime, when it's raining outside and Brock says, "I'll just use my frying pan... As a DRYING pan!" (I think it's from one of the Pokemon movies)
Everyone loved him and it was hilarious!
just because i cosplay 22 bleach characters doesn't mean i have a problem.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/dolphinsensei/
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

I got to recreate some of the emotion-heavy scenes from "I Remember You" at the Adventure Time shoot on Sunday, so that meant a lot to me! I also got to grab two Gumball booties at the Friday shoot, so... ahahah :twisted:

I had a terrific time at the Metal Gear Solid shoot on Saturday, too! Solid Snake and I did a picture of us being discovered in the box :lol:

While not on any list, my friend and I married our Ice Queen and Spirit Albarn cosplays, so we had our very own couple photoshoot that was just enabling my fangirlism even further!! Oh, boy, I can't wait to see those pictures :P

All in all, this has been my best year of photoshoots so far!!

There was a Brock cospayer who brought a frying pan with him, referencing one of the most epic lines from the Pokemon anime, when it's raining outside and Brock says, "I'll just use my frying pan... As a DRYING pan!" (I think it's from one of the Pokemon movies)
Coincidentally, I said that before my friend and I made a trek to Shaws :P I said I wished I had a frying pan for that sole reason!
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Hey guys. I'm actually going to move this over to the memories forum, but I will leave a pointer here...
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
volne
Getting the hang of this...

Post by volne »

I was a Heathcliff in the SAO photoshoot(s) and I wanted to say that everyone was amazing and made the con so much better!! I met so many new friends due to it!
thewhimsywizard
AB Alumni

Post by thewhimsywizard »

This was my first time taking part in photoshoots. I went to the MLP one on Friday and the Disney one on Friday and it was lovely. The MLP was amazing because of all the bright colors and the fact that a guy cosplaying Photo Finish was taking our photos and be fabulous. I didn't exactly make friends like I wanted to, I'm still so shy, but I did speak to SOME people at least!

The Disney photoshoot was also fun. I was from Once Upon a Time and kind of lingering around when I spotted two other OUAT people and joined them. We talked a lot and the other Belle's came up to us and took photos with us, and it was so awesome. Also attempting to go outside and being blown around by the wind was fun. ~

Also, me and my best friend were Zelda and Link on Saturday but somehow spent the whole day TRYING to find each other. We finally got to be together after the masq. and we sat outside the video game room messing around and having our own personal photoshoot since no one showed up earlier that day for the Legend of Zelda one. I kept stealing her master shield, and she asked me to be her princess, I told her I already was a princess and pedo bear photo bombed us at one point. It was glorious.
Kara (Kai) Marston
Creative Technical Staff
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Post by Darkvyse88 »

I ran the Metal Gear Photoshoots in Friday and Saturday and I have too many moments to talk about! We had some great single shots, group shots, and really funny shots (from Racoon/Dog Otacon to a SnakexMeryl Shipping spree). The photoshoots accomplished the main goal of bringing people together to form new friendships and strengthen bonds.

I also was part of RapaxGuardian's SpiritxIce Queen Photoshoot which was sooooooo much fun. She is a perfect Waifu. :D
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

Darkvyse88 wrote:I ran the Metal Gear Photoshoots in Friday and Saturday and I have too many moments to talk about! We had some great single shots, group shots, and really funny shots (from Racoon/Dog Otacon to a SnakexMeryl Shipping spree). The photoshoots accomplished the main goal of bringing people together to form new friendships and strengthen bonds.

I also was part of RapaxGuardian's SpiritxIce Queen Photoshoot which was sooooooo much fun. She is a perfect Waifu. :D
Aw, stop x3 The MGS shoot was great :D My one regret is missing Friday's shoot, but what can you do when two shoots are at the same time?
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

One of the Jiraiya's at the Naruto photoshoot on Saturday with one of the Tsunade's. Their poses were absolutely hilarious! XD (Can't go into details as it is slightly PG-13, but I do have a pic or 10...)
AB 2012 cosplays: Switch (SKET Dance), Uchiha Sasuke (Chuunin Exams) (Naruto)
AB 2013 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke, Taka (Naruto Shippuden)
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!
Song of a Phoenix
Expert Poster

Post by Song of a Phoenix »

I ran a photoshoot for the first time ever- the Tales of photoshoot on Saturday. It went so well, I am so happy! Having people come up to me after and thank me for organizing it was such a wonderful feeling. A big thanks also goes to my friend, who's loud voice and ability to get people pumped really made the photoshoot stand out. We also had a small picnic afterwards that some of the attendees stayed for, and it was really nice because about half of it was home-made dishes. I'm really looking forward to doing it again!

2016:
Florina (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Jinx (LoL), Nora Valkyrie

2015:
Guy Cecil, Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones), Alice Elliot

2014:
Leila (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Guy Cecil, "Marth" (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

2013:
Flynn Scifo, Trish (Devil May Cry), Garry (Ib)

2012:
Shion (No. 6), Guy Cecil, Tabatha, Tsuzuki Asato

2011:
Guy Cecil, Tabatha (Tales of Symphonia), Tsuzuki Asato
Revan_Deschain
Expert Poster

Post by Revan_Deschain »

Darkvyse88 wrote:I ran the Metal Gear Photoshoots in Friday and Saturday and I have too many moments to talk about! We had some great single shots, group shots, and really funny shots (from Racoon/Dog Otacon to a SnakexMeryl Shipping spree). The photoshoots accomplished the main goal of bringing people together to form new friendships and strengthen bonds.

I luckily was able to find the group after my dating game, and was happy to jump into the last few pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to join in on Friday next time and get to meet all of you in a less hectic fashion!
AB 2017
Friday & Saturday:
Big Boss [TUXEDO]
Sunday:
The Revanchist
astromoth
Experienced Poster

Post by astromoth »

Bowler4Ever wrote:One of the Jiraiya's at the Naruto photoshoot on Saturday with one of the Tsunade's. Their poses were absolutely hilarious! XD (Can't go into details as it is slightly PG-13, but I do have a pic or 10...)
One may or may not have been me, I assume.
2013: Tsunade (Naruto Shippuden)
2014: Butler!Grell (Kuroshitsuji)
2015: Fem!Austria (Hetalia)
2016: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
∞: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2016 DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
Mu-Chan

Post by Mu-Chan »

All of the Ace Attorney photoshoot. Just all of it.
Animazement 07-12: Charmander (Pokemon), Vaughn (Harvest Moon), Okami Amaterasu (Okami), Waka (Okami), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
Anime Boston 13: Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)

Completed but not used:
Clover (999)
Sapphire (Pokemon Special)
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Post by Darkvyse88 »

Revan_Deschain wrote:

I luckily was able to find the group after my dating game, and was happy to jump into the last few pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to join in on Friday next time and get to meet all of you in a less hectic fashion!
We will more then happy to have you for all of the photoshoot days!
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
AshAbyss
Experienced Poster

Post by AshAbyss »

KH shoot (Saturday):
- SoraxRoxas: There weren't Roxas's, so I blew bubbles (Cause you know, improv team gives you grand ideas...)
- Riku coordinated a really cool fight against Master Xehanort.

Code Geass Shoot (Saturday):
- Being a mediocre Lelouch and still being a ladies man.
- All the people that stopped to snap photos of us as they walked by. I FELT FABULOUS.
STAY SHINY!
Friday: Ruby (RWBY)
Saturday: Sora (KH II) Vanille (FF XIII)
Sunday: Vanille, Sora
marahmarie

Post by marahmarie »

I went to the Disney shoot too! I was Experiment 624 from Lilo and Stitch, my friend had agreed to come to the shoot prior to breaking her foot, so I didn't want her to miss it. I had tons of fun. I met a lot of really really cool people. It was actually the first photo shoot I participated in (I hung out at the Hetalia shoot a few years ago, waiting on a friend). I wish that we didn't have to move inside because of the weather :(. Next year I vote that we get a little more organized!! :D
AB 2015
Friday: Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service
Saturday: Rarity from MLP:FIM
Sunday: Ouran Academy Female Student.

AB 2016
Friday: Lizzy Midford from Black Butler
Saturday: Saria from LOZ:OOT