Shout Outs!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2013.
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Shout Outs!

Post by Anna-neko »

its not really a "have u seen this person" as don't really need their info or anything.. just a general "person-A or cosplayer-B, you were awesome and I gotta give ya a shout out!!" thread

Look I'll even start, mad props and shout-out go to:

Tyrion Lannister - ... dun even have words.... Madam, your cosplay made my day. It made my friend's day. It may have made our lil Seven Kingdom fan hearts' month!

All the Game of Thrones cosplayers - you people were awesome!! From all the lovely Daenerys ladies (especially the Yunkai white dress version .. luuuuuv) to Sansa and Ned Stark's bastard

Ni no Kuni Sat. night - ... Yes. Just all my es. Thank you so so much for letting me look thru your Wizard Tome for like 10 minutes. Hope my fangirling didn't freak you out

Fate/stay night Fate/ZERO everyone - OMG, we're in the middle of the Fifth Holy Grail War aren't we?? Nothing short of magic & sacrificed chickens could have brought out such fantastic groups. The Shiro dismembered body alone ... and Gilgamesh .. and oh man... so many glorious Servants everywhere

Link playing her ocarina in the mall - *____* Harry Potter theme never sounded better. And Zelda's lullaby too of course, but that goes without saying

balloon-mermaid Ariel - Everyone see this one!?! She had the mermaid-tail and sitting rock made of balloons! It was a very creative thing to do!

Everyone at the Sailor Moon panel - my inner 13-year-old nostalgia feels don't even know where to begin. The panel, the toys, the random conversations about the purple VHS tape & SM Solitare on Win98 *wipes away tear* .. memories...
Last edited by Anna-neko on Mon May 27, 2013 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

Re: Shout Outs!

Post by Princess_Kaylin »

A huge shout out to Kim and Shiego for taking a photo with me.

I actually forced myself to cry during the con a few times on people's shoulders claiming Kim's cheating on me with Shiego and I didn't even get a photo.

Also big shout out to the various con goers who broke out in song and dance....it is always nice to know I am not the only musical nut at the con.

Also huge shout out to everyone using musical instruments the guitars, ocarinas, boom boxes, violins and other instruments brought great atmosphere and moments to the convention.
===========[2018]============
Princess Celica- Fire Emblem Echoes-----Jill Valentine - Resident Evil 3
-----All Week-end --------------------------------Just during Photoshoot---
MoonPrincess016
Experienced Poster

Post by MoonPrincess016 »

The cosplay group with Aqua, Ven, and Terra from the masquarade deserve one!!!! Aqua, you're singing was gorgeous and just everything in the skit made me cry!!!! It was just amazing!

Also, anyone who participated in the Soul Eater Cosplay group deserves my thanks for making this day awesome! It was so much fun traveling with you all and being on the funimation channel!!!!!
Just because I'm a princess doesn't mean I'm a damsel. I've got a bow and arrow and I'm not afraid to shoot.
Ex-Shark-kun
I'm new!

Post by Ex-Shark-kun »

A shout out to the Kahoko Hino cosplayer who nearly brought tears to my eyes with the lovely rendition of Shubert's Ave Maria you played for my sister and I.
The_Dessert_Witch
Veteran Poster

Post by The_Dessert_Witch »

A shout out to all the people who let me eat them during the con! This includes a ton of Mami's, Crossover Photo People, random con goers, the people of Cosplay Chess...Everyone that let me eat them.

You were all very delicious. =D

But, in all seriousness...

To my dear Charlotte from Chess: Thank you, so much, for being the absolute most adorable Charlotte I have ever seen in my life! You ran off before I could properly thank you for everything!

To the staff of the Con, namely the Masquerade and Cosplay Chess, for helping so much, and putting up with my problem-child of a cosplay. =D You guys rock!

To Goddess Madoka, who I had met prior and then later ate on stage: You. Are. Awesome. =)

To the Edward of Cosplay Chess: Your Corgi was delicious-I MEAN you are potentially the best Edward I have ever seen, body motions and all. =D

To the Candeloro (and partner in crime!) from PMMM: Every year I see you, it is awesome. =) From the moment I fangirled and went "OH MY GOD A MAMI YES we're doing Charlotte ourselves soon!" to now, you have been an absolute treat. =D I love running into you every time I do! Never change!

To the von Hoffman family: You guys are perfect. Just absolutely perfect. =D All of you. No, don't argue. You are ALL just absolutely perfect beyond belief.

To the person who approached us after our Witch Panel about Elsa Maria and Catholicism: OH MY GOD I WANT TO CONTINUE THIS CONVERSATION. You added more insight into the topic and either of us knew, due to your field in religion, and had we not been in a bit of a hurry, I know this conversation would have gone on for a while longer. =)

To the EMT I was sitting a few feet away from back stage during Cosplay Chess: Thank you, so much, for your hard work. There's a board for this already, it seems, but I wanted to say it again: You are part of what keeps this con moving like a well-oiled machine, and your diligence to keeping everyone safe is superb. =) Thank you!

Finally, to the Cosplay Chess Staff Specifically:

So, I had a little secret this entire time. Charlotte has been getting damaged after every con, and considering the amount of work I had to do to get her into workable condition for this AB, I had a feeling that this may end up being her last convention. Because of you, all of you, I feel as though Charlotte has been given the best "Final Hurrah" that ANYONE could as for, for a cosplay. Through the Chess Game, a crack that I had fixed twice opened again in Charlotte's jaw, one that I'm...pretty sure will not be able to be fixed (and even if I did, considering I keep getting cracks in that one area, if I wore her again, she may completely break at that one point in her jaw). I am retiring Charlotte v. 1, just as I had the sneaking suspicion of, but...her final moments are the best type of final moments any cosplayer would want for their creation. =D You don't know how much this means to me, to have this year's Chess being her final moments, and everyone involved, from the staff to the other players, has my extremely grateful, never ending gratitude. =)

But don't worry, there will still be more eatings to come. With this cosplay now retired, I can begin work on my next project: Charlotte 2.0, this time with a movable jaw :twisted: .
2011: Theresa (Fable II, Fable III) (Fri, Sun)/OC Post-Apocalyptic Pokemon Trainer (Sat)
2012: Charlotte's Tumor Form v. 1 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (All)
2013: Charlotte's Tumor Form v. 1 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (All)
2014: Projected: Dead!Mami in Charlotte Hoodie (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Tsukimi and Clara(Princess Jellyfish)
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

1.) To the family doing the Left 4 Dead-themed cosplay on Saturday, you guys were really cool. It was awesome being able to chat with you after and have some silly chatter.

2.) That fellow who was cosplaying as The Scientist (?) from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Oh my God you were an absolute riot and it took me everything that I had to not roll over on the floor laughing like an idiot. You are definitely one of the best people in character out of every single con that I've been to. Massive kudos. I'm going to have to seriously watch that sometime now. XD

3.) Everyone who took a photo of me! I seriously appreciate everyone who took the time to stop me for a photo of either my Finn cosplay or my Hunter cosplay. I especially had fun as The Hunter, where I'd crouch down in some high-traffic areas, but away from where people would walk, and then growl at passerby. Thanks to everyone who said my Hunter growl was really good! I'd actually been practicing it before the con!

Also it was especially fun with Finn antics! I hope you all liked my wiggly Finn dance. I tried to practice that too. That was hard on my shoulder!

(I still have yet to see a pic of me yet posted by someone else other than me, but I'm lingering around the photos threads and peeking through your galleries! I don't have Facebook though, so...)

4.) Everyone I gave one of my cards to. If I didn't think you rocked, I wouldn't have given you my personal business card with my contact info on it. I look forward to hearing from more people in the coming days! ^.^
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith went to Anime Boston?"
Mehan
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Mehan »

To an AB staff member named Justin, he kept me company while checking into the Sheraton Hotel on Thursday afternoon and went out of his to help my friend when some creeper was creepin'! Thanks for being super friendly and awesome! And to ALL the staff members and volunteers you guys rock!
"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid." JC
Heartswyrd
Expert Poster

Post by Heartswyrd »

A shout out to the one Dragon Age cosplayer I saw in my last few moments at AB! Your Anders/Justice cosplay made my weekend! Wasn't expecting to see anyone from the game! All my con wishes came true! I've been inspired to tackle a DA 2 cosplay of my own! ~ much luv and appreciation ~ Chibi Fenris Fangirl!
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

ALL the Jack Frosts, for being my babies :P I love creating in-jokes at conventions, and it was fun going up to new Jacks, letting them know about this in-joke, then getting little "*gasp* Mom!" hugs!
A special shout-out to the Jack I approached on Sunday who answered "You can see me?" followed by hugs :3
Last edited by RapaxGuardian on Tue May 28, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
Leona Lavender

Post by Leona Lavender »

A huge full of love shoutout to everyone who liked my Fran cosplay!! I was super nervous to wear it because of my body issues but you guys made me feel loved and apreciated. I love you all<3333
Twitter@MissLeonaLav Tumblr-LeonaLavender.tumblr.com
AB '06-First year attending no costume
AB '07-Kagura Sohma Fruits Basket
AB '08-Sailor Mercury
AB '09-Buttercup PPGZ
AB '10-Envy FMA, ABA Guilty Gear
AB '11-Sexy no Jutsu Rock Lee
AB '12-C.Viper Street Fighter
AB '13-Fran FFXII
AB '14-Poison Ivy
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

The Darth Maul from Friday: you sir, looked amazing. And were fun to chat with.

The Boston Whoovians: for keeping it real and welcome every year. I feel bad I missed most of the shoot and lunch on Sunday.

Ned Stark's Bastard: you nailed it. Absolutely nailed it.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
Morpher

Post by Morpher »

Shoutout to those who cosplayed Juvia; (my all time favorite character <3), you all absolutely freakin rule!! :D

Also huge shoutout to the Bolin cosplayer on Sunday who recognized my quick throw together of Yuri Hyuga. You seriously made my day that day! Major props to you! :D
Last edited by Morpher on Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime Boston 13'
Trance Kuja - (FFIX) - Friday/Saturday

Looking for pics of Trance Kuja. If anyone has any send'em to me! I'd really love to see them!
azeria

Post by azeria »

AnnaNeko wrote:its not really a "have u seen this person" as don't really need their info or anything.. just a general "person-A or cosplayer-B, you were awesome and I gotta give ya a shout out!!" thread

Look I'll even start, mad props and shout-out go to:

Tyrion Lannister - ... dun even have words.... Madam, your cosplay made my day. It made my friend's day. It may have made our lil Seven Kingdom fan hearts' month!

All the Game of Thrones cosplayers - you people were awesome!! From all the lovely Daenerys ladies (especially the Yunkai white dress version .. luuuuuv) to Sansa and Ned Stark's bastard

Ni no Kuni Sat. night - ... Yes. Just all my es. Thank you so so much for letting me look thru your Wizard Tome for like 10 minutes. Hope my fangirling didn't freak you out

Fate/stay night Fate/ZERO everyone - OMG, we're in the middle of the Fifth Holy Grail War aren't we?? Nothing short of magic & sacrificed chickens could have brought out such fantastic groups. The Shiro dismembered body alone ... and Gilgamesh .. and oh man... so many glorious Servants everywhere

Link playing her ocarina in the mall - *____* Harry Potter theme never sounded better. And Zelda's lullaby too of course, but that goes without saying

balloon-mermaid Ariel - Everyone see this one!?! She had the mermaid-tail and sitting rock made of balloons! It was a very creative thing to do!

Everyone at the Sailor Moon panel - my inner 13-year-old nostalgia feels don't even know where to begin. The panel, the toys, the random conversations about the purple VHS tape & SM Solitare on Win98 *wipes away tear* .. memories...

I was balloon Ariel. Thank youuuu!!!!
Princessbankita

Post by Princessbankita »

Awww I love this idea <3
Lots of love to Boris that was there all three days and I found on tumblr because your cosplay was AMAZING
Loud fangirl screams to the Magnet Luka I saw on Saturday who waited at the top of the escalator for me to come back around to take her picture. You are a beautiful person ;^;
I promise I won't eat the Vocaloid group on Sunday who played Conchita for me when I took their picture. Y'all are cuties <3
MEGA HUGS TO EVERYONE WHO COMPLIMENTED MY FIRST EVER LOLITA OUTFIT ON FRIDAY <3 <3 <3 Seriously I didn't think anyone would say I was cute or want my picture >w<
Aaaaand a super awesome invisible internet cake to the Miku and Rin in kimonos on Sunday. Y'all were beyond adorable
{Princess Becky, Cosplay Shenaniganer's admin}
~Caricature collector, Arpakasso lover, Luka Fangirl~
**HMU on Facebook: Princess Becky**
>>Check my tumblr: MrsMegurine<<
nagash
Veteran Poster

Post by nagash »

I saw so many costumes.......

To whoever was dressed as the SDF-1, you turned a frown into a smile.
Bumblebee rocked.
Yoshi who danced his way up and down the hallway.
I did see the various members of the Game of Thrones group. They all looked fantastic.
The Harley Quinn in the full leather outfit.
The dancing biker girl with the cat ear helmet.
I lost count of how many super heroes there were.
The Captain America stormtrooper.
The giant smashing block from the Super Mario games.
And, of course, the Tetris piece.

And my most humble thanks to each and every one of you who took the time to stop at my fan table and listen to me give my pitch.
RenjiAbarai
Expert Poster

Post by RenjiAbarai »

~The Brock at the Saturday Pokemon shoot who brought his trusty frying/drying pan with him! That was a hilarious reference to the show and made for some really funny photos!
~The Simca, Ringo, Agito and Kazu cosplayers who ended up joining our Air Gear group :D You guys rocked! And thanks for dealing with our crazy photoshoots!
~The Shishiwakamaru--No one ever cosplays my favorite YYH character, and this made me so happy to see!
~The Roxy cosplayer who lent me her eyedrops in the bathroom when my contacts got irritated--You're literally a life saver. Thankyou!
~The Misty I got to hang with on Friday--You were so fun to chill with. Season 2 represent :D.
~The Giovanni cosplayer. You were the only Giovanni I saw at AB this year and having you as part of the group really added a lot to the Friday and Saturday photoshoots!
~The Saeko Busujima. You looked great, I only wish I hadn't had changed out of my Takashi Komuro cosplay when I saw you! D:
just because i cosplay 22 bleach characters doesn't mean i have a problem.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/dolphinsensei/
JupiterAscending16
Expert Poster

Post by JupiterAscending16 »

So I wanted to give a big Shout Out and thank you to one of your security staff members Garrett (he was wearing a pink leopard "cup" at the Masquerade
Balcony seating line) he was so nice and very understanding especially when I had to leave the line for a bathroom emergency and he let me get back in my spot in line. He is the man and was so funny and great to hang out with while we passed the time in line. So if you are out there Garrett THANK YOU!!!!

Holly
Holly Medeiros

Event Photography Staff AnimeBoston 2022

Celebrating 15 years of attending AnimeBoston!
Revan_Deschain
Expert Poster

Post by Revan_Deschain »

To whoever the hell was walking around in the giant Yoshi suit most likely sweating their life away, you're awesome and I want that thing for myself.
AB 2017
Friday & Saturday:
Big Boss [TUXEDO]
Sunday:
The Revanchist
Saeran42
Experienced Poster

Post by Saeran42 »

-The Lynx (Chrono Cross) cosplayer. I loooove that game, it was awesome to see someone cosplaying from it!
-The TWO whole people who recognized my Maria Renard cosplay on Friday and Saturday. Castlevania does not get enough love, and it was so awesome to be recognized in that outfit, even if my wig was not cooperating.
-The Asuna in the elevator who was having problems keeping the weird thigh high things she wears up too. It was good to know I wasn't the only one having that issue. I figured out how though finally, so if you see this: stick them to nylons! :D
-Everyone who recognized and complimented my Anastasia cosplay. It was made in a huge hurry and ended up way too big, so it wasn't fitting right and I was feeling really self-conscious.
-The ocarina vendor who saw my Rinoa cosplay and promptly started playing Eyes On Me.
-The After-Dark Dating Game participants. You guys were awesome, especially the people during the yaoi round!
-All of the Game of Thrones cosplayers! A Song of Ice and Fire has been my favorite book series for years, it's SO AMAZING to see how popular the show (and thus the books) are getting, and you all looked AWESOME! :D Seriously, you all did such a great job on your outfits, so many details!
-All the other amazing cosplayers that are way too many to list here. You all rocked. I fangirled over so many of you. XD

And finally to all the staff members and volunteers for working so hard all weekend, and a lot of you throughout the whole year! Anime Boston wouldn't exist without you. THANK YOU!
Plans for 2019!
Ann Takamaki (masquerade art, Persona 5)
Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy VIII)
Chocofreak13
AB Alumni

Post by Chocofreak13 »

much love to anyone who recieved and kept one of my "porn" folders. it's become a con tradition that i go as an OS-tan every year and do some "file sharing" to get the word out about the OS characters. those folders are like my children so it's very hard but a point of pride to part with them. i really hope you enjoy themm ;v;

also, plenty of love and hugs to anyone who recognized me as Lum. she's such a classic character and part of the reason we even have anime in this country, and yet no one remembers her. you'd think more people would pay respect to the first big hit of the creator of Inuyasha, but i guess not. which is why getting recognized was all the more special. ^^
Goldfish221
Veteran Poster

Post by Goldfish221 »

I wanna give a shout out to everyone that ran the Horror games and Nerds Who Love Them panel! Even with no host it turned out superb! <3

Also I want to shout out to ALL the SAO cosplayers! I can't believe how big it was this year! Every costume was amazing!

And if Shiro Emiya could talk I'm sure he would give a shout out to everyone that tried to get him medical attention! Even if he was a dismembered body, everyone cared for him! :D
~Anime Boston 202 Cosplay Line Up~

(Subject to Change)
Jeanne D'arc Alter - Fate Grand Order
Lady Nagant - My Hero Academia
Penny - Pokemon Violet
Liliana Vess -Magic the Gathering
NorseDanceParty

Post by NorseDanceParty »

-First off I wanna give a shout out to the pokemon community. Cosplaying with you guys Friday made my con. Everyone was crazy friendly and it was one of the best cosplay experiences I've had. To the Volkner and Flint, I loved hanging with you two, you were really fun.

-To the Rita Repulsa, Cyborg 009, and Battle Damaged Sango I loved all your cosplays. I fangirled when I saw you, your cos were amazing.

- I also wanna thank the photographers I worked with cajaqui images, hey its sk, and C@T cosplay photography. I really loved working with you and can't wait to see the pictures.

- Finally to the staff for making this years AB one of the best I've been too. Great con overall
Check me out on facebook I'm always looking for more cosplayers and people to hang with at cons https://www.facebook.com/NorseDanceParty
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Post by Darkvyse88 »

Shout Outs Go To:

All of the Metal Gear Cosplayers who attended the Friday and Saturday Photoshoots and made them amazing!

The Hosts and Participants of all of the Cosplay Games!

The Staff for working hard during each and every hour of the day!
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

Chocofreak13 wrote:much love to anyone who recieved and kept one of my "porn" folders. it's become a con tradition that i go as an OS-tan every year and do some "file sharing" to get the word out about the OS characters. those folders are like my children so it's very hard but a point of pride to part with them. i really hope you enjoy themm ;v;
Ah, so YOU'RE responsible! :D

I kept mine and I plan to keep it in good condition. XD
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith went to Anime Boston?"
Eri Kagami
Expert Poster

Post by Eri Kagami »

AnnaNeko wrote:
Thank you!!! I remember you mentioned something about the Bay Area. I used to live up there for like five years. I went to school up there and now I live out here. Feel free to connect!

Thanks to everyone who attended the Sailor Moon and I Heart the 90s panel. I'm very happy to know that there's still a strong following for 90s shoujo. Would love to do it again!!
XxCL0UDxX1990
Experienced Poster

Post by XxCL0UDxX1990 »

I have a shout out to a few people.

First, a big shout out to all the girls who were really nice and sweet and agreed to dance with me at the Formal Ball(shown below). I was so scared and nervous that I was gonna get turned down by many of you! :( You turned what I thought was gonna be a sad night into a really fun time and honestly one of the best nights of my life!!! :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Second, I'd like to give another big shout out to the girl that was dressed as Flame Princess (shown below) and asked for me to take a picture with her. That was really sweet of you, especially where I figured no one would want a pic with me cuz I wasn't really the worlds greatest Finn cosplayer! :P so thank you!!!

Kico_kun
Experienced Poster

Post by Kico_kun »

Shout out to all the Tales of Cosplays. Especially the Cauis cosplay. That was just crazy.