First AB Ever!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2013.
HelloGoodbye
Expert Poster

First AB Ever!

Post by HelloGoodbye »

I just wanted to thank everyone (staff and congoers!) for making this year so great! You all are awesome! The whole atmosphere of the convention was just so amazing! I had never been to Anime Boston, or any convention before, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I had an absolute blast! Everyone was so friendly and nice, and everyone's cosplays were so excellent. Cosplay Chess was probably one of my favorite parts since everyone just did so well, and it was great to watch, and the crowd was awesome! It was also my first time ever cosplaying, and I have to say I loved it. I will certainly be back next year, hopefully for more than one day! :D I was the Edward Elric walking around with the Alphonse on Sunday, by the way.
2013 was my first Anime Boston ever!! And it was awesome!
~Cosplay~
2013- Edward Elric (FMA)
2014- Edward Elric (FMA)Haru (Tsuritama)Tamaki Suoh (Ouran High School Host Club)
2015-Pre-RegTamaki Suoh (Ouran High School Host Club)FriRin (Blue Exorcist) SatHaru (Tsuritama) SunArmin (Attack on Titan)
Tycon
Getting the hang of this...

Re: First AB Ever!

Post by Tycon »

I'm glad you enjoyed the convention =D. I think I may have run into you during the convention as I remember seeing several Ed's but I'm not sure. Hope to see you next year and I would agree that almost everyone at the convention is pretty open and nice with bad experiences being rare occurrences.
sdfx

Post by sdfx »

I'm also glad that you enjoyed your time here! Cosplaying whether you may think your cosplay is good or bad is also rewarding :P I might have seen you with Alphonse actually too, pretty good cosplay I have to say :)
7 years going strong!

Most recent: Violet Evergarden
DoctorD
I'm new!

Post by DoctorD »

HelloGoodbye wrote:I just wanted to thank everyone (staff and congoers!) for making this year so great! You all are awesome! The whole atmosphere of the convention was just so amazing! I had never been to Anime Boston, or any convention before, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I had an absolute blast! Everyone was so friendly and nice, and everyone's cosplays were so excellent. Cosplay Chess was probably one of my favorite parts since everyone just did so well, and it was great to watch, and the crowd was awesome! It was also my first time ever cosplaying, and I have to say I loved it. I will certainly be back next year, hopefully for more than one day! :D I was the Edward Elric walking around with the Alphonse on Sunday, by the way.
This was my first one also, and it was well worth the long drive from West Michigan. It was also my first anime convention and first time I cosplayed. I was one of the many Kiritos running around on Saturday.
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

Same here. While Anime Boston isn't my first con, it was my first AB and I had an absolutely wonderful time there! Thanks for making it an awesomesauce time, guys! I really felt at home every day.
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith went to Anime Boston?"
Dashie
Experienced Poster

Post by Dashie »

I'm glad you had a great time!

Anime Boston is just so amazing! Was my first time back since 2008 myself >>

I just LOVE the atmosphere! I have to do it every year now!
Syphon

Post by Syphon »

This was my first AB as well, I had such an amazing time! The cosplays, panels and all the gallery's and exhibits were so incredible. I loved every minute. First day I went as Sailor Neptune, then on Saturday I went as RE6 Ada Wong. I can't wait for next year!! :)
Anime Boston 2013
Fri: Sailor Neptune
Sat: RE 6 Ada Wong
The iPod Ninja

Post by The iPod Ninja »

Yep. Passing out after Ms. Wahlgren's Autograph signing
Led me to see the beginning of what's to come in this very con
Demagoguery
I'm new!

Post by Demagoguery »

This was actually my first time at Anime Boston also, and to be honest I'm not very big into Anime, nor am I really a con person, but I had a rather great time. I didn't get to see a lot of the con as I was working at a booth for the majority of the convention, but from what I did see it was pretty cool and the costumes some people had were very awesome. Either way, I'd like to say thanks to everyone for making this convention awesome, and I'll probably be back next year whether or not I'm there working.
RenjiAbarai
Expert Poster

Post by RenjiAbarai »

It was my first time at ABoston as well, and I had so much fun! Everyone was so friendly and nice :D
just because i cosplay 22 bleach characters doesn't mean i have a problem.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/dolphinsensei/
HelloGoodbye
Expert Poster

Post by HelloGoodbye »

I'm really glad that it seems like everyone else had a great time, too! :D
2013 was my first Anime Boston ever!! And it was awesome!
~Cosplay~
2013- Edward Elric (FMA)
2014- Edward Elric (FMA)Haru (Tsuritama)Tamaki Suoh (Ouran High School Host Club)
2015-Pre-RegTamaki Suoh (Ouran High School Host Club)FriRin (Blue Exorcist) SatHaru (Tsuritama) SunArmin (Attack on Titan)
Spiritoffire

Post by Spiritoffire »

HelloGoodbye wrote:I just wanted to thank everyone (staff and congoers!) for making this year so great! You all are awesome! The whole atmosphere of the convention was just so amazing! I had never been to Anime Boston, or any convention before, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I had an absolute blast! Everyone was so friendly and nice, and everyone's cosplays were so excellent. Cosplay Chess was probably one of my favorite parts since everyone just did so well, and it was great to watch, and the crowd was awesome! It was also my first time ever cosplaying, and I have to say I loved it. I will certainly be back next year, hopefully for more than one day! :D I was the Edward Elric walking around with the Alphonse on Sunday, by the way.
"High Five"

I was my first time both attending a Anime Convention let alone cosplaying, and I had a blast as well. I was alittle nervous inside at first on Friday, but by Saturday I really got into things and was having so much fun seeing all the different types of cosplays. I was also at the Cosplay Chess and it was a really fun event to watch(Also very impressed with the professionalism of the AB staff and EMT's and was really proud to see how strong was all can be in a tense situation)
Gonna have a good time 2nd Animeboston, going to be my brothers first time at AB though.
Anime Boston-2013-Kirito(SAO 1st Arc)
Anime Boston-2014 Genjurou Kazanari(Senki Zesshou Symphogear)
Khay
I'm new!

Post by Khay »

My first con ever...can't wait till next year's!