Most Memorable Fangirl/Fanboy

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2013.
Aviflora
Determined Poster

Most Memorable Fangirl/Fanboy

Post by Aviflora »

Hello my dear con-goers! I hope you all had a wonderful time, I know I was happy as a clam! :D

Who is your most memorable Fangirl or Fanboy? You must remember that ONE person that either made your day a living hell, or they may have been a welcomed kindred spirit.

As for me, my most memorable fanboy was my Tidus (FFX)! He snuck up behind me while I was in conversation and surprised me, turning my day from fantastic to "HOLYCANNOLIOHMYGOODNESSTHISISAMAZING"! (I'm pretty sure that's something around the lines of what I said.) Him and I galavanted around the convention like two peas in a pod for the rest of the day!

My most memorable fangirl was Berserker Rikku! Though, we really fangirled at each other for most of the time we were together! She was sweet and gorgeous and our photo shoot was fantastic.
AB '07 - Myself <3
AB '08 - Orihime Inoue [Bleach]
AB '09 - Miwako Sakurada [Paradise KISS]
AB '10 - Did not attend :C
AB '11 - Myself
AB '12 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '13 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '14 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]

AB '15 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '16 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '17 - Season 4 Ruby Rose [RWBY],
Yennefer [Witcher 3]
DvDSlingSchot
Experienced Poster

Re: Most Memorable Fangirl/Fanboy

Post by DvDSlingSchot »

There was some girl who gave me a tiny trophy cuz she like my cosplay. That's the kind of thing is what makes a persons day.

Anybody who you could talk to and/or exchange a greeting with is a fanboy moment to me.
AshSkye
Experienced Poster

Post by AshSkye »

I was happy people knew I was cospalying Hibiki fomr DS 2 since I thought NOBODY would know the series :)

My fangasm moment was when I saw the awesome GameGrump cosplayers! That made my month! It was like Arin and Jon were AT Anime Boston! Oh and when Chermi signed my Lux Pain game I have wanted her to do since I got it back in 2009 :)
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

Myself owo I was fangirling over my friend who was Flynn Rider, and, erm... blue hair in some Gundam panel, I believe. I'll ask him for the name later.
He enabled my fangirling by letting me hang on him and kiss him, and stuff you would otherwise NOT let a fangirl do, or she'll never leave :lol:

My own fanboy was the ghost-hunting Luigi/Mr. L I kept running into. Twas meant to be.

Special mention to several Jack Frosts after it was decided Ice Queen is Jack's mother!
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

AshSkye wrote:My fangasm moment was when I saw the awesome GameGrump cosplayers! That made my month!
I hugged the Arin walking around!! He was really good :D I told Barry about it, I hope he sees it!!!
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
Morpher
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Morpher »

I have two memorable fangirl(s).

One from Saturday I meet was so overjoyed to see a Kuja there and asked for a hug; (which I permitted), I thought it was adorable.

Then there was today; I wasn't going to wear my Trance Kuja cosplay again and wanted to go for a more (comfortable) and casual, (I lack any casual cosplays as of yet xD), so, I threw together a quick mash-up of Yuri Hyuga; (shirt, pants, pendant and wig); (I do plan on properly making him after another cosplay). Anyways, I was fully expecting no one to recognize me at all today, That was until this Bolin cosplayer came up to me and completely recognized who I was and started asking me about if I made my pedant and telling me how awesome it and how awesome that I was doing a Shadow Hearts cosplay. They totally made my day, today.
Anime Boston 13'
Trance Kuja - (FFIX) - Friday/Saturday

Looking for pics of Trance Kuja. If anyone has any send'em to me! I'd really love to see them!
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Kind of a hard choice here.

Nominees are:

This one Hetalia (I believe) cosplayer who ran up to me and was so happy to see a MtF crossplayer, saying we are a "dying breed" and told me to never quit it. She asked me for tips for her MtF friends.

A kirito FtM at the Bryce autographs. I was waiting, and before approaching Bryce, she just kind of died laughing and pretty much "loved" me.

This one friend of a friend of ours. I dressed as Sakura these last two years. Last year, he gave me a Madoka contract to be a magical girl that I signed. Everyone was like "BAD IDEA" but at the time, I didn't know. This year, I saw him again. He passed me off a plastic egg with two starbursts in it and another paper telling me to join and become a magical girl. Later on in the Masquerade line, he stops by, and hands me a contract, two pages, well typed out. It's amusing as all hell how dedicated he is to being an incubator.... but he is just doing his job, so I guess he doesn't count, haha,

Going to have to say the Hetalia one.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Dashie
Experienced Poster

Post by Dashie »

My most favorite moment was walking around on the third floor of the Hynes. I believe it was a staff member walking around with their small child. The staffer went "Hey look! It's Rainbow Dash!" I kneeled down a bit and the little girl's eyes went wide. She then was all "HI RAINBOW DASH!" and then proceeded how she told me she was going to get food and stuff.

HNNNNG THE CUTENESS KILLS
VideoGameStupid
Experienced Poster

Post by VideoGameStupid »

Morpher wrote:I have two memorable fangirl(s).

One from Saturday I meet was so overjoyed to see a Kuja there and asked for a hug; (which I permitted), I thought it was adorable.

Then there was today; I wasn't going to wear my Trance Kuja cosplay again and wanted to go for a more (comfortable) and casual, (I lack any casual cosplays as of yet xD), so, I threw together a quick mash-up of Yuri Hyuga; (shirt, pants, pendant and wig); (I do plan on properly making him after another cosplay). Anyways, I was fully expecting no one to recognize me at all today, That was until this Bolin cosplayer came up to me and completely recognized who I was and started asking me about if I made my pedant and telling me how awesome it and how awesome that I was doing a Shadow Hearts cosplay. They totally made my day, today.
Oh man that totally would've made my day! I have never seen Shadow Hearts cosplay in person! Even better if you had Karin or Alice with you.

The thing that really made my day was just seeing my friend cosplaying as Cthulu 10 (Cthulu and Ben 10 combined) running around and shaking his tentacles at con attendees. It was so random and something that I probably won't see again.
Rathashis

Post by Rathashis »

My favorite was one of the dealers.
Friday and Saturday I was Rangiku from Bleach, and Fluttershy on Sunday. Being the less popular of the two as far as pictures was concerned, I browsed the goods of the dealers room on Sunday in my Fluttershy getup, when the dealer in front of me goes;
"Oh my god, please don't make me do this.... LOUDER!"
"Yay.." I replied.
"LOUDER!!!"
"Yay..."
"LOOUUDEEER!!!"
*deep dramatic breath* "Yay."
"Oh my god I love you."
We then had a wonderful conversation about older anime, since we be older folks, 'tis sadly true. It made my whole weekend, especially after Saturday when an MLP cosplayer ran into me full boar while I was eating hot clam chowder and made me wear it... all down the front of my chest. Which was unfortunately unprotected and wide open due to my characters penchant for showing cleavage. They didn't even stop to apologize or anything, just kept going.
So that dealer in the dealers room, whoever you are... you're my hero. :D
2012- Rangiku Matsumoto
2013- Rangiku Matsumoto- Friday/Saturday
2013 - Fluttershy- Sunday
2014- Steampunk Fluttershy
Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

Post by Princess_Kaylin »

VideoGameStupid wrote:
Morpher wrote: The thing that really made my day was just seeing my friend cosplaying as Cthulu 10 (Cthulu and Ben 10 combined) running around and shaking his tentacles at con attendees. It was so random and something that I probably won't see again.
What my friend forgets is that he knows me outside of the con so most likely it will happen again.....

hmm my most memorable fangirl has to be some random cat person I played spin the bottle with. Her and many others kept freaking out over rufus and me being ron to the point of making out with the stuffed rodent XD

For fanboy there was a man not attending the con with his wife. They saw me as grandma birkins and he began hitting on me jokingly and acting as if I was a concerned grandmother instead of some crazy man in a dress with a monster arm.

Me: "Oh have you seen my grand-daughter Sherry she is running around with this jake fellow he thinks he is from the matrix"
Random man: "No miss but you got a lot of hair"
Me: "Oh its just side effects of the g-virus my son birkins likes to poke things"
Random Man: Well want me to help you look for her"
Me: Oh man meat it would be my pleasure....don't worry I am a zombie but I have dentures
Random man: HAS ANYONE SEEN SHERRY
Me: SHERRY!
===========[2018]============
Princess Celica- Fire Emblem Echoes-----Jill Valentine - Resident Evil 3
-----All Week-end --------------------------------Just during Photoshoot---
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

This was just an adorable "Aww!" moment that I think really left an impression on both of us!

There was a young boy in a red shirt (I think an Adventure Time one) on Sunday, I believe who, while I was looking or talking to someone at the Artist Alley, asked if he could get a picture with me in my Finn costume. I was delighted to and I even offered to let him hold my plastic Finn sword for the photo to make his experience that much more fun. The dad took a picture and thanked me for being so nice. I thank the kid for taking the picture because I think that was one of the most memorable photo op stops I was asked to do this con. X3

I had a couple of fans a bit this year, but mostly I tried to make a few memorable moments for everyone else with my silly Finn and Hunter antics.
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith went to Anime Boston?"
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

Rick wrote:This was just an adorable "Aww!" moment that I think really left an impression on both of us!

There was a young boy in a red shirt (I think an Adventure Time one) on Sunday, I believe who, while I was looking or talking to someone at the Artist Alley, asked if he could get a picture with me in my Finn costume. I was delighted to and I even offered to let him hold my plastic Finn sword for the photo to make his experience that much more fun. The dad took a picture and thanked me for being so nice. I thank the kid for taking the picture because I think that was one of the most memorable photo op stops I was asked to do this con. X3

I had a couple of fans a bit this year, but mostly I tried to make a few memorable moments for everyone else with my silly Finn and Hunter antics.
I did something similar; a woman with three young-ish (between the ages of 5 and 8) kids asked if she could take my picture as Ice Queen. I asked if the kids wanted to pose with me, and the two younger ones did. I put an arm around each of them and said they were both my Gunters now :3
aquamarinethunderpants

Post by aquamarinethunderpants »

I had several amazing fangirls and fanboys tales, but I'll try to keep it relatively short!

First off, when I was Merida (Most of Friday and all of Sunday) I had lots of people come up and tell me that I looked just like her and that I should go down to Disney and work as a face character for her. This almost brought me to tears every time, because that's one of my dream jobs! I had an incredibly nice gentlemen Sunday morning, who started to wax romantic about how perfect my face was (to which I just about cried while he took some pictures.) This was all amazing for someone who has literally no self-esteem to speak of. You all rock, and I hope your lives are filled with amazing and wonderful things. <3 <3 <3

Secondly, when I was Legolas, I actually had more people than I thought recognize me and give me hugs. Hugs that I really, really, needed.

Everyone at the con was so amazing and nice and perfect this year, so give yourselves a pat on the back and maybe a cookie if there's one nearby. <3
hg revolution
Veteran Poster

Post by hg revolution »

The Adventure Time comic artists in the Artist's Alley liked my Simon cosplay! That was one of the most exciting interactions at the con for me.
CaptainJack
I'm new!

Post by CaptainJack »

There was a girl dressed as a TARDIS who asked for my picture. When I said yes, she said "You're a beautiful person!"

Made my day.
madslowburnish
Expert Poster

Post by madslowburnish »

I was Mako from Nerima Daikon Brothers on Saturday night and honestly, I didn't expect to be recognized at all. But when I tracked down a few of my hetalia friends, one girl told me that I did an amazing job and looked just like her, and we joked about NDB for a bit. That was amazing. <3
AB23
Wonderful Life Pony Jill
Anime Boston 2012
Friday: Colette Brunel, Chibitalia
Saturday: Prince Hungary, Colette Brunel
Sunday: Pony
Anime Boston 2013
Friday: Raine Sage (Glamorous Beauty)
Saturday: Kugelmugel, Issun, Glam Beauty Raine, Amelia Seyruun, Mako Nerima
Sunday: Beauty Raine
AB14:
Haruka Nanase, Marik Ishtar, Freedert!Daisuke Niwa, Nonon Jakuzure, Lloyd Irving, Kyouya Ootori, Germany, Hungary
AB15:
L, Alicia, Paula, DIO, Marik, America, Kyouya
VideoGameStupid
Experienced Poster

Post by VideoGameStupid »

odd-cl wrote:
VideoGameStupid wrote:
Morpher wrote: The thing that really made my day was just seeing my friend cosplaying as Cthulu 10 (Cthulu and Ben 10 combined) running around and shaking his tentacles at con attendees. It was so random and something that I probably won't see again.
What my friend forgets is that he knows me outside of the con so most likely it will happen again.....

hmm my most memorable fangirl has to be some random cat person I played spin the bottle with. Her and many others kept freaking out over rufus and me being ron to the point of making out with the stuffed rodent XD

For fanboy there was a man not attending the con with his wife. They saw me as grandma birkins and he began hitting on me jokingly and acting as if I was a concerned grandmother instead of some crazy man in a dress with a monster arm.

Me: "Oh have you seen my grand-daughter Sherry she is running around with this jake fellow he thinks he is from the matrix"
Random man: "No miss but you got a lot of hair"
Me: "Oh its just side effects of the g-virus my son birkins likes to poke things"
Random Man: Well want me to help you look for her"
Me: Oh man meat it would be my pleasure....don't worry I am a zombie but I have dentures
Random man: HAS ANYONE SEEN SHERRY
Me: SHERRY!
You lie! It will never happen again!
satin-skies

Post by satin-skies »

As I was leaving with my friends on Sunday, we saw this great looking Flynn Rider pass by so, of course, I had to get a photo of him. When I thanked him, he held out his hand and said, "Why don't you take one with me?" with the smolder and the smooth voice. How could I say no?!

So, we pose for the photo and as I'm about to step away, he says, "Hold on. I got one more." He proceeds to bend down and literally (and effortlessly) sweeps me off my feet!

My friend snapped this right as he stood back up:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =720%2C960

The perfect way to end a wonderful weekend!
2016 AB Cosplay List
Friday: Ariel - The Little Mermaid
Saturday: Tracer - Overwatch
Sunday: Fem!Captain Jack - Doctor Who
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

satin-skies wrote:As I was leaving with my friends on Sunday, we saw this great looking Flynn Rider pass by so, of course, I had to get a photo of him. When I thanked him, he held out his hand and said, "Why don't you take one with me?" with the smolder and the smooth voice. How could I say no?!

So, we pose for the photo and as I'm about to step away, he says, "Hold on. I got one more." He proceeds to bend down and literally (and effortlessly) sweeps me off my feet!

My friend snapped this right as he stood back up:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =720%2C960

The perfect way to end a wonderful weekend!
I got excited for a moment because my friend also went as Flynn, and that sounded like something he would do, too :P But nope, that wasn't my buddy! Though, I did keep seeing that one and nearly ran to him multiple times, expecting my buddy! :lol:
DistortedGenjitsu
Veteran Poster

Post by DistortedGenjitsu »

These Angel Beats cosplayers that fangirled over my Tate cosplay Sunday haha. It was great that they recognized me x)
AB-2013-Grell Sutcliff, Nagisa Furakawa.

Ab2014
Saturday- Winry Rockbell/ Tamaki Suoh
Sunday - Nagisa Furakawa , Hinata Hideki

Ab2015 - Friday - Kurome, Hinata Hideki
Saturday-Konoha and Kuroha
Sunday- Nagisa Furakwa

Ab2016-
Ideas
(Hanayo , Kuroha, Hachikuji ,)

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-
astromoth
Experienced Poster

Post by astromoth »

Most Memorable Fanboy has to go to the Minato cosplayer who would come up to me and ask if I knew where Naruto was, because 'he's trying to fight Sasuke' (to which I replied with something along the lines of 'again?'). I really enjoy cosplayers who try to involve people, and he totally made my day. Didn't catch his name, though. He was kind of the person who would talk to me for a minute as we walked down a hallway and if we had to go different ways the conversation would stop and get picked back up again later. It was fun, though.

As for Most Memorable Fangirl.... probably my sister, who was cosplaying as Temari, and was going to AB for the first time (I didn't have the confidence to cosplay my first time, which was last year, so go her!) and would always freak out whenever she saw a cosplay of her favorite character(s) (because there can never be just one) and kept repeating things like 'I found my people' or 'I feel like I'm home here', which made me totally excited to have her back for next year!
2013: Tsunade (Naruto Shippuden)
2014: Butler!Grell (Kuroshitsuji)
2015: Fem!Austria (Hetalia)
2016: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
∞: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2016 DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
LoviPanda

Post by LoviPanda »

My most memorable fanboy was when my boyfriend and I were waiting in line for the Masquerade as Simon and Nia and after the line moved once, a guy from the other side of the line saw us, proceeded to freak out to their friend and look at the line, then back at us several times before running over and asking us for a photo. It made me happy that someone was so excited to see us!

My most memorable fangirl was someone who wasn't even at the con, we were in the same cosplay heading to the con from the Marriott and a woman in the mall said to my boyfriend "Excuse me, I'm sorry for not knowing the character, but I had to tell you that coat is FABULOUS."

Bonus: My friend had an extremely creepy fangirl while she was cosplaying Castiel, the girl just randomly approached my friend, cupped her cheek, and started to talk to her like "Dean" and was even starting to corner her. Luckily the person left her alone right after that and we never saw her again, it was just extremely rude and creepy.
nagash
Veteran Poster

Post by nagash »

I'd have to give this one to the guy who in the SDF-1 outfit. Brightened up a dreary Friday.
azaznator
Expert Poster

Post by azaznator »

There was one girl who heard me sing two songs during Open Karaoke on Saturday. She gave me a rose after my singing of JIBUN WO~, which I really appreciated because I was a nervous wreck singing in Japanese in front of a huge crowd (legs shaking, etc.)

So yeah, pretty memorable.
Mu-Chan

Post by Mu-Chan »

So I cosplayed Franziska von Karma from Ace Attorney and there are a few hilarious fans:

-There was one person that asked for a picture, which was normal enough. Then they curled up on the ground and asked me to dominate them.
-Another guy confessed his love for me from across the hallway.
-Annnnddd I can't remember the rest.

EDIT: I remembered one!
I was walking down the hallway and some guy just said "Hello, Franziska!" in a really, really sassy voice. It amused my friends and I for a while.
Last edited by Mu-Chan on Thu May 30, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animazement 07-12: Charmander (Pokemon), Vaughn (Harvest Moon), Okami Amaterasu (Okami), Waka (Okami), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
Anime Boston 13: Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)

Completed but not used:
Clover (999)
Sapphire (Pokemon Special)
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

When I was in my Sasuke cosplay and this one girls runs up to me screaming "Sasuke! SASUKE!!! ^____^" Next thing you know, she asks if we can hug. I couldn't hold my laughter from the spur of this completely random moment! So I say "Of course!" and we hugged. To the Sasuke-hugging girl out there...THANK YOU!!! :D You totally made my weekend! 8-)
AB 2012 cosplays: Switch (SKET Dance), Uchiha Sasuke (Chuunin Exams) (Naruto)
AB 2013 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke, Taka (Naruto Shippuden)
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!
Qtronix
Experienced Poster

Post by Qtronix »

There was this one guy who noticed my Rugged Garen cosplay (it was bad, trust me). Every time we saw each other in the halls he'd tell me to spin! xD

He even took a video of me spinning in the art gallery. Thanks to that guy, I felt special for one day.
AB 2012: Hiraga Saito (The Familiar of Zero / Zero no Tsukaima)
AB 2013: Rugged Garen (League of Legends)
AB 2014: Classic Garen (League of Legends)
AB 2015: Admiral (Kantai Collection)
FaithfulGundam305
I'm new!

Post by FaithfulGundam305 »

My most Fangirl moment was definitely getting to meet Bryce Papenbrook and Cherami Leigh for the SAO signing. I'd won the ticket during the trivia contest they had since everyone else went to the wrong choice. While they were signing the poster I was rambling a bit and told them about it. I remember how they said "It was meant to be" and I literally could not stop giggling. I still smile when I think about it xD
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

This may not seem like much to most, but I thought it was nice...

I'm a big fan of cloisonne pins, and have several dozen I've collected over the years. I found one girl wearing a pin of Freya (Chi's "twin sister") from Chobits, in a chibi style I'd never seen before. All I did was mention it, and she gave it to me without a second thought. She did mention that it was something she'd taken to the swap meet to trade for, but it was still very considerate.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
SummerSnow
Veteran Poster

Post by SummerSnow »

AB 2012, the Rock Lee I met. Made my entire weekend~! ^.^

Also the random woman who went up to me and said "Idk what you are dressed as, but you are just so adorable! Can I take a photo?" :D It's so nice to get comments like that!
I AM ALWAYS ONLINE
AB 2012
~ Alice Liddell (Siren Costume)
~ Female Terra
AB 2014
100% confirmed:
~ CC - Friday
~ Elsa - Friday Evening
~ Fem Terra (KH) - Saturday
~ Nico Robin (One Piece) - Saturday Evening
~ Fem Makoto (Free!) - Thurs Night/ Sunday

My Cosplay Page: https://www.facebook.com/summersnowcosplay