Abraham Lincoln here to say...

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2013.
Sunset Hero
Experienced Poster

Abraham Lincoln here to say...

Post by Sunset Hero »

It took me a bit to decide which forum to put this one, since it's also to the convention staff as well as my fellow convention goers, it could go here or the General Questions section. I decided to put it here, because it's also tied directly to the 2013 Anime Boston, and the memories I will never forget.

I wanted to say this in person to the staff in the Masquerade HQ, but I was shooed out by a phone call. But now, I can tell them this, as well as to every single person who saw me, every awesome son of a gun that I high-fived in the Masquerade line, to everyone who took a photo of me, and let me take a photo of them in turn, I have the following to say:

From the deepest reaches of my heart, thank you so much for letting me play a dead President in, not one, but TWO Cosplay games! And thank you so very much for the impossibly warm receptions for the first Cosplay event and Cosplay I've ever done! My time with the Top Hat will never leave me, and I am eternal grateful to each and every one of you for the opportunity!

And I'm going to make damned sure to get the awesome photos I took on this Forum as soon as I can!

Now I've got over 300 days to come up with something to top it... I welcome the challenge.
Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Re: Abraham Lincoln here to say...

Post by Qu-ko »

I just wanna say you totally stole the show in the Afterdark Dating Game. That was the most perfect thing ever, seriously. Props for being amazing!!
Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sakura-chan »

Haha, I was the bachelorette who chose you in the dating game! Who says vampires and vampire hunters can't get along?

No, but seriously, you were so funny and your costume was great! I look forward to whatever you come up with next year, as I will probably enter the cosplay events again myself!
'06: Sakura (Naruto)
'07: Sakura (Naruto)
'09: Hungary (Hetalia)
'13: Euphemia (Code Geass, for the Spirit Ball!), Rachel Alucard (Blazblue)
'16: Saber EXTRA (Fate/EXTRA), Rose Quartz (SU)
Rathashis
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Rathashis »

You did a damn good job! I was the Rangiku in the second round, I got a couple pics with you at the end of the game. Dead Presidents FTW! :D
2012- Rangiku Matsumoto
2013- Rangiku Matsumoto- Friday/Saturday
2013 - Fluttershy- Sunday
2014- Steampunk Fluttershy
Naokichan
Veteran Poster

Post by Naokichan »

you were awesome!! In my opinion it was a nice change of cosplay from what I'm used to seeing. Very, very wonderful job sir!

Also I just wanted to say we shared an elevator in the sheraton. I believed we dubbed it as the "haunted elevator" since it kept stopping on each floor on the way down.
Anime Boston 2016 Cosplays:
Sadness from Inside Out
Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler
Chat Noir from Miraculous
Modern England from Hetalia

Anime Boston 2017 Cosplays:
Chat Noir from Miraculous
Mei from Overwatch
Pyrrha Nikos school outfit from RWBY
Pacmannion
I'm new!

Post by Pacmannion »

You wouldn't happen to be this Lincoln would you?
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2396_n.jpg
Sunset Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Sunset Hero »

Qu-ko wrote:I just wanna say you totally stole the show in the Afterdark Dating Game. That was the most perfect thing ever, seriously. Props for being amazing!!
It's the adoration like this before, during, and after the performance that had to get a thanks out of me. All my fears, anxiety, verbal dyslexia, all replaced with, "I'm going to have as much fun with this as possible."
Sakura-chan wrote:Haha, I was the bachelorette who chose you in the dating game! Who says vampires and vampire hunters can't get along?

No, but seriously, you were so funny and your costume was great! I look forward to whatever you come up with next year, as I will probably enter the cosplay events again myself!
It didn't help that the audience probably wouldn't have let you pick anyone else XP. But yeah, Ash was giving your intro, and I couldn't actually see you then, but it sounded familiar. It was the same one you had for the Death Battle. As soon as I made that realization I was losing it in my chair.
Rathashis wrote:You did a damn good job! I was the Rangiku in the second round, I got a couple pics with you at the end of the game. Dead Presidents FTW! :D
You were freaking amazing! I also got a few pictures with Kakashi also that I can't wait to share.
CrypticMetaphor wrote:You wouldn't happen to be this Lincoln would you?
Dude, I love you. I got a few pictures taken with my camera as well, but they're not even half as good as the one you just posted. Thank you so much!

I've been browsing Youtube and checking out the video topic for the Afterdark Dating game. They had two cameras set up, one of which looked very professional. I personally can't wait to see it. Especially the Obama part. No joke, I didn't see that cutout move at all! Damn near made me jump out of my chair.
drgnladysupreme
Committed Poster

Post by drgnladysupreme »

Oh, heya Abe~ This is the Kurumu (schoolgirl with blue hair and the tail) from around the con. You did a good job! Very on the mark in the events and you kept the costume looking very crisp. I hope the axe managed to stay together after that little patchup!

So I hope you show up next year, and who knows- maybe even other cons!
J. Love Tatum
God hustle, 2016! Good hustle.
2017 is gonna be totally rad.
  • Hints will go here
  • For something old and new.
Pacmannion
I'm new!

Post by Pacmannion »

Sunset Hero wrote:
CrypticMetaphor wrote:You wouldn't happen to be this Lincoln would you?
Dude, I love you. I got a few pictures taken with my camera as well, but they're not even half as good as the one you just posted. Thank you so much!
No problem. I'm the one in the photo with the pistol wearing glasses.
SavannahBanana13
Experienced Poster

Post by SavannahBanana13 »

You were awesome! My friend and I got pictures with you if you want to see them :)
2009 - Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
2010 - Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)
2011 - Erik (the Phantom of the Opera)
2012 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2013 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2014 - Tina Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

2015 possibilities
-Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann)
-fem!Izaya (Durarara)
-Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SavannahElizabethPaul
Twitter: @savannah_paul
Tumblr & Instagram: somechicknamedsavannah
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Three words: Cosplay Court Case...you were a RIOT! Thank you for making my night when I was on the defense and you were prosecuting. I am STILL laughing! Where is the Deadpool where you need him right now? XD
AB 2012 cosplays: Switch (SKET Dance), Uchiha Sasuke (Chuunin Exams) (Naruto)
AB 2013 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke, Taka (Naruto Shippuden)
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!
MikanKomaeda
Experienced Poster

Post by MikanKomaeda »

I usually dislike when western fandom characters are in the game shows, but you were so funny and awesome!
CloudyCandyx
Getting the hang of this...

Post by CloudyCandyx »

You were hilarious in the After Dark dating game!! I wanted to tell you so during the con but I never got the chance.