Game room/ Dance

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2006.
Lil_Wombat
I'm new!

Game room/ Dance

Post by Lil_Wombat »

The gaming room at 2006 was horrible and so was the music that the DJ's played at the dances at night.

There were to many baby games in the gaming room. The games at 2005 were much better. There should be more fighting games and less co-op games. And i was getting pissed because people were playing co-op mode on halo. There should be a rule were there is no co-op allowed. Cause they were sitting there for hours playing and it never gave anyone else a achance to play.

And the music at night you could not dance to. There was no good beats to move around it was just fling you body whatever way cause you cvouldnt go with anything.
jeems
AB Staff

Game room/ Dance

Post by jeems »

I found your post humorous and entertaining. Voted fiv- oh wait.

Glad you enjoyed the music.
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by Joe P. »

[quote=jms]I found your post humorous and entertaining. Voted fiv- oh wait.[/quote]
QFE

Also, I saw tons of Fighters there. I don't know about you.
Shralla
Expert Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by Shralla »

HA HA HA. OH WOW.

Srsly guy. Don't register just to make arbitrary and baseless complaints.
soul reaper17
Getting the hang of this...

Game room/ Dance

Post by soul reaper17 »

i guess he must have missed the large dance circles with lesbian kissing, the contortionist girl, and that insane asian kid with the helmet that could break like a fiend. i found the gaming room to some distaste, nothing can be perfect but the staff does their best to provide an enjoyable expierience for congoers. a little respect is in order.
moonlight sonata.
Determined Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by moonlight sonata. »

The dance was pretty awesome I had lots of fun. 'But I was sad I couldn't do any glowstringing ;;

dance was amazing though! x'3 I stayed out till 3 each night XD
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by gmsenpai »

I commuted last year so I wasn't able to stay for the dance. However, the game room was fine. Its nice to have gaming variety. Not everyone wants to play the same exact fighting game over and over and over again.

And if you wanna complain, come up with solutions to them too.
MeliChan
Expert Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by MeliChan »

[quote=GMSenpai]I commuted last year so I wasn't able to stay for the dance. However, the game room was fine. Its nice to have gaming variety. Not everyone wants to play the same exact fighting game over and over and over again.

And if you wanna complain, come up with solutions to them too.[/quote]

My friends and I had to commute and couldn't stay as well. I feel the same. Variety is good.

I wanted to be in the Soul Calibur competition so bad, but didn't sign up in time. :( Oooh well.
My Anime Boston AMVs

2012: Editor's Choice Winner: Evil Island
2010 Best Other AMV Winner: A Walk To Remember
2009 Romance Finalist: Through Thick And Thin
2008 Romance Finalist: My Only Love
2007 Action Finalist: Forsaken

2013 Cosplay
Kotani Nobuko from Nobuta wo Produce
ssbGaara

Game room/ Dance

Post by ssbGaara »

I wanted to be in the Smash tournament...but I failed to sign up in time also...

Great times though, even though I got destroyed last year...

My friend Alex and I were playing together...great matches...dead even skills...
Firewolf
Veteran Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by Firewolf »

[quote=soul reaper17]i guess he must have missed the large dance circles with lesbian kissing, the contortionist girl, and that insane asian kid with the helmet that could break like a fiend. i found the gaming room to some distaste, nothing can be perfect but the staff does their best to provide an enjoyable expierience for congoers. a little respect is in order.[/quote]

My friend Yuki (awesome person btw) was one the females making out during the dance lol. She is going again this year, so, there might be a repeat, who knows. My two cents, I thought the dance and the game room was awesome! ^^
jessica
Committed Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by jessica »

[quote=Firewolf][quote=soul reaper17]i guess he must have missed the large dance circles with lesbian kissing, the contortionist girl, and that insane asian kid with the helmet that could break like a fiend. i found the gaming room to some distaste, nothing can be perfect but the staff does their best to provide an enjoyable expierience for congoers. a little respect is in order.[/quote]

My friend Yuki (awesome person btw) was one the females making out during the dance lol. She is going again this year, so, there might be a repeat, who knows. My two cents, I thought the dance and the game room was awesome! ^^ [/quote]

What ever happened to people going to the dance to dance and not watch "lesbian kissing circles?"
Firewolf
Veteran Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by Firewolf »

I go to the dance to actually dance, and I feel most people at the dance feel the same way. I would like to point out the aspect of watching other women make out was just an amusing interesting thing that happened. My g/f found it amusing as well. I am not trying to objectify women in any way and if you were offended, I am sorry. ^^
jessica
Committed Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by jessica »

[quote=Firewolf]I go to the dance to actually dance, and I feel most people at the dance feel the same way. I would like to point out the aspect of watching other women make out was just an amusing interesting thing that happened. My g/f found it amusing as well. I am not trying to objectify women in any way and if you were offended, I am sorry. ^^[/quote]

I'm sorry, but it just bothers me when [especially when they're very underage.] teenage girls make out with each other infront of a crowd. Half of the people that come to AB are underage. Especially when people take pictures of it. Trust me, I've seen it before.

Not that AB can stop people from making out, and granted yuri is a part of anime culture, I just think it's really messed up. I'm sorry, but I have a little bit of morals and I don't think that those girls should be doing that for others' amsument.

What you do behind closed doors is fine with me, I just don't like how it's so awesome that very underage girls make out in front of people, especially those over 18+ who get a youknowwhat from just seeing a girl, let alone making out with another.

Wow, that was long.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Game room/ Dance

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=jessica]Not that AB can stop people from making out[/quote]
If they're in one of our function rooms, we can and will. There's a time and place for that sort of thing and it's not in the middle of a game room or dance floor.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
jnik
Show-off

Game room/ Dance

Post by jnik »

[quote=PatrickD]If they're in one of our function rooms, we can and will. There's a time and place for that sort of thing and it's not in the middle of a game room or dance floor.[/quote]
Regardless of gender and age.
ssbGaara

Game room/ Dance

Post by ssbGaara »

I also remember watching this one guy rack up points during standby for SSBM...amazing stuff.

And I went through some nostalgia watching the original SSB near the NES, and watching the n00bs that played DDR on a very sloooow level...

Great times in that room...
eidna
Determined Poster

Game room/ Dance

Post by eidna »

I have to agree here. If you want to act "wild" and "crazy", go to a dance or head up to your hotel room if you're of legal age to consent in the US. A public-area dance at an anime convention isn't really the right place to be making out, regardless of gender or age like the mods said.
AB 2013: 7000 cosplay ideas I'll probably not finish
AB 2012: Normal person :O
AB 2011: Konata Izumi cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2010: Cop-out catgirl
AB 2009: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2008: Haruhi Suzumiya
AB 2007: Suigintou
AB 2006: Chii
AB 2004: Chii