Kaiju!

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2006.
jessica
Committed Poster

Kaiju!

Post by jessica »

Who else here loved Kaiju? I know I did.

I swear, if i ever see Silver Potato..*shakes fist*

RIP Pablo Plantain.
You are gone, but not forgotten.
Wii Block Her

Kaiju!

Post by Wii Block Her »

}:| Oh i love Kaiju.. but getting slammed inside the riot barrior by Kung Fu Chicken Boodle thanks to Dr Cube..... we lost the FeBreze...... Ack.... "Curse you Dr Cube" }:|
Jen Legay
Security Auditor 11,12
Security : 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11

At this time we are not hiring any Ninjas.
However, we are growing and things are always changing so please
continue to be in touch
cowbert
Veteran Poster

Kaiju!

Post by cowbert »

We found a Dr. Cube sticker on a street sign in some random part of Boston yesterday! (well boyston st. near the hotel, so not that random heh :)
Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Kaiju!

Post by Miyu chan »

There's another one on Beacon Street, as you cross over the highway. I used to pass it every day on my way home from classes.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Kaiju!

Post by pulsedemon »

There are many, many Kaiju stickers all over the Boston area. Honestly, I get surprised if I don't see any around at this point.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
DarkMagicalKnight
Getting the hang of this...

Kaiju!

Post by DarkMagicalKnight »

sorry to say this but.........what does Kaiju mean???
Aidan2
AB Executive

Kaiju!

Post by Aidan2 »

[quote=DarkMagicalKnight]what does Kaiju mean??? [/quote]

I believe, in my not so 'accurate' japanease skills, it means "Giant Monster" or something similar. It orginally applied to such movies as Godzilla and such.
Now, all of those Kaiju have a nice league to play in, since Tokyo kept geting upset having to rebuild every few weeks.

Now if only we could do something about the Tokyo Tower. >shrug<
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
moonlight sonata.
Determined Poster

Kaiju!

Post by moonlight sonata. »

I didn't like KAiju all that much honestly.
However the characters that roamed around all weekend were entertaining and I'm greatful that kaiju brought more publicity to the con! :3
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Kaiju!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=moonlight sonata. ]I didn't like KAiju all that much honestly.
However the characters that roamed around all weekend were entertaining and I'm greatful that kaiju brought more publicity to the con! :3[/quote]

Because next year we need Robot-Oil-Wrestling, Electroucution Style. That would be an
elec-rotica experience for the 21st century, wouldn't it.
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Kaiju!

Post by Jennachan »

You know whats wicked cool? If you play one of the Grand Theft Auto's *I think its Vice City* but not the xbox version, its only in the PS2 one, there is a certain building you look up at and its got a Dr. Cube on it. I forget exactly where, since my brother showed me, but Rockstar is a backer for Kaiju.
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
Spoofehness
AB Staff

Kaiju!

Post by Spoofehness »

Kaiju means 'mysterious monster' and I personally LOVED Kaiju big battle. Its such a shame they so rarely perform here. They did originate here though so its not that surprising that their stickers are all over the place. Oh and to those of you bashing the great Cube. *raspberry* Potatoe picked the right side and you all know it. You ingrates don't even realize that Cube saved the planet. He should rule the world and I for one would give it to him personally had I the power. Besides, That stupid banana knew what he was getting into. Its his own fault he died. }:|
(L.) Nik Golubic (-Campbell)
2005-10__ : Attendee
2011 _____: Volunteer
2012-14, 16: Security Staff
2017-20, 22: Con Ops Staff
2024______: Tech Staff
Vanguard
Expert Poster

Kaiju!

Post by Vanguard »

I saw some of the Pocky fight, but I missed out on the potato's betrayal. I did give the surviving plantain my condolences on Saturday (though Cube is STILL the man!)
Vanguard
Expert Poster

Kaiju!

Post by Vanguard »

YES! I second that! power to the Cube, hero to the non-attractive
White_Hawks
Experienced Poster

Kaiju!

Post by White_Hawks »

I wasn't feeling so hot when i went to see kaiju, i liked that they opened the balcony up so people could actually... see... my buddy got some good in air pics, and a peice of a building signed.
Pathfinder

Kaiju!

Post by Pathfinder »

[color:purple]ah.. kaiju, it would be nothing without the great Dr. Cube.[/color]
Joshua Dauphinais, Anime Boston Hall Cosplay Coordinator 2009-2012.

My Law cosplay brings all the girls to the yard.

Jyuza

Kaiju!

Post by Jyuza »

Hail Cube! ;)
ChibiPez
AB Staff

Kaiju!

Post by ChibiPez »

[quote=Spoofehness] Oh and to those of you bashing the great Cube. *raspberry* Potatoe picked the right side and you all know it.[/quote]

Must people forget Cube made Silver Potatoe who he is. Handed him titles. This was a long time coming.
L Pentowski
2024 - Tech Desk
2016 - Tech Desk
2004 -2015 Volunteer's Slave for Life
Pathfinder

Kaiju!

Post by Pathfinder »

[color:purple]Dr. Cube is my hero. :D[/color]
Joshua Dauphinais, Anime Boston Hall Cosplay Coordinator 2009-2012.

My Law cosplay brings all the girls to the yard.

Anime Pimp

Kaiju!

Post by Anime Pimp »

Cube Pwns you all.
die in puddle of your own caffinated blood you capitalist pigs.
i was in the danger zone and got pieces of buildings.
:D
moonlight sonata.
Determined Poster

Kaiju!

I went to Kaiju at the avalon and I liked it better~ it wasn't quite as loud as it was AB I think thats what killed it for me. though someday I want to go to Boston in search of Kaiju stickers! XD

Dr. Cube is the man I got to pat his head at the avalon! that was awesome! It was squishy :D
faerietithe
Determined Poster

Kaiju!

Post by faerietithe »

[quote=moonlight sonata. ]I went to Kaiju at the avalon and I liked it better~ it wasn't quite as loud as it was AB I think thats what killed it for me. though someday I want to go to Boston in search of Kaiju stickers! XD

Dr. Cube is the man I got to pat his head at the avalon! that was awesome! It was squishy :D [/quote]
Did you pat it, or were you one of the ones who tried to rip it off? haha. Anyway.. I liked Kaiju at AB more. I wish they'd come back, but probably not... I wanted a big pocky stick.
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Kaiju!

Post by Phantom 1 »

You know, Dr. Cube is really someone I can get behind... with a machette. HA-HA-HA-HA!

Oh yeah, what was the monster who came to the opening ceremony?
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Kaiju!

Post by Phantom 1 »

By the way, on G-4, they showed the battle between Silver Potato and some... I think it was Uchuchu the Space Bug, and Dr. Cube's minions cart off Silver Potato in the middle of the match. I think that was when ole Silver was brainwashed or converted or basically changed sides. It would explain why Dr. Cube supported Silver Potato towards the end of the match.
Vash
AB Alumni

Kaiju!

Post by Vash »

My favorite part of Kaiju... when I went off to the far side from the doors of the room. Started breaking it down in old school dance moves. Suddenly, I had inspired a mini-mosh pre-show. Geez that was exciting. Although when some of us started taking our shirts off it was mildly disturbing.
- Dustin H.
Cosplot Events Coordinator 2007 - 2013
Tech Staff - 2016
sxnshine

Kaiju!

Post by sxnshine »

My friends and I were first in line at Kaiju. Security was so nice =), they held our places while my friends and I went to go get food from Dunkin' Donuts. We were sooooo hungry!

Kaiju was killer though <3
AmiJoyDonut

Kaiju!

Post by AmiJoyDonut »

It was too loud for me .. and my boyfriend was all ready deafened in one ear by a screaming fangirl some couple of years ago (I wish I was kidding. Ear bleeding and everything. I'm surprised he didn't slap a lawsuit on the girl)..

Plus, despite all of his friends LOVING it, we just found it ... TOO nerdy. Like, we appreciate anime, monsters, robots, all that, but it was just an all-new level we just didn't comprehend.

However, I must give my props to Dr. Cube. Apparently he made some kid cry and I find that absolutely hilarious.
moonlight sonata.
Determined Poster

Kaiju!

HE MADE A KID CRY?! XD

ohman. Don't forget folks kaiju at the avalon 7 o'clock Feb 21st '07