FMA no Jitsu - an attempt to find old partners

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2006.
OMG HI
Experienced Poster

Post by OMG HI »

[color:green]This is the Ed from the winning comedy skit at the Masquerade. My memory is horrible and I have an odd case of serendipity on my side, so my appearance on-stage was spontaneous in its own way. Here's my story.

My group was basically made up of Inuyasha characters, save for me. I was Edward Elric from FMA (sadly, without a metal arm...And my gloves kept getting dirty. White gloves never stay white, I noticed. That's why next time I'll have a metal arm and won't be wearing those annoying gloves.) and I had NO FMA-people to walk around with. Near the end of Day 1, I had begun to feel quite lonely seeing as my group of Inuyasha peeps got all the pictures and I had to stand to the side. Being the outcast of my group, I didn't get many fans coming at me that day. By mere luck, as my group was having there last picture being taken before heading back to the Sheraton, I had a nicely dressed Roy address me and ask me for help.
He told me that his group was supposed to have had an Ed, but that one person didn't show up. (Something probably came up and he couldn't go) They had asked several other Edwards for their assistance, and they all declined. I was the only one to really be up for it. (Being left out of your own group and all can make anyone say yes to something like that) After meeting the Naruto of the group, we practiced only once before the big skit...My single chance to flaunt my expertise, and I actually managed. xD
Afterwards, the Naruto asked me to meet him back at such-and-such a time at such-and-such a place... And I completely forgot about it, as I'd gone out with a few of my own friends to get dinner.
Now, I've forgotten their names and didn't get to see them on the last day. Granted, I may see them next year, but I'm too absent-minded to recognize old faces. -_-; So, even if I don't find these guys through telling my crummy story, I'll at least have told my crummy story.

Can't wait 'til next year![/color]
Adara
Experienced Poster

Post by Adara »

EEEEE! *glomp* I'm the Sakura from our group. ^_^ I tried finding you through the forum before but couldn't. >.o My AIM sn is "a momerath", IM me. :D
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

You guys had a great skit, by the way. Just curious, think you could post up exactly what all the insults were? It was kinda hard to hear it all from backstage and I really wanted to. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
OMG HI
Experienced Poster

Post by OMG HI »

[color:green]Heh...Like I said, my memory inhales. But I do remember a few of my lines... For instance, saying Naruto looked like he was wearing caution tape... OH! And Saku-chan insulting herself by saying she had a ridiculously giant, flame-retardant forehead. Ahh, if only I could remember any further. -_-;[/color]
Adara
Experienced Poster

Post by Adara »

I just uploaded it to youtube.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=tlcrufYvUOc but the timing is all funny once I put it on there for some reason, I'll have to try again later x_x

Anyway, here's all the insults..

Mustang: Alright, Ed, I don't know what you plan to find so far from Central, but I think it may have been shortsighted to go all this way...

Ed: What do you mean by shortsighted?!

Mustang: I meant that in relation to your physical height, this idea seems enormous.
~~~~
Ed: Yeah, we're state alchemists.

Naruto: Is that like a ramen chef or something?

Ed: ... No, stupid, it's like someone who transmutes matter into different forms.

Naruto: Who are you calling stupid, small-fry?!

Ed: Small-fry?! How can you call me a tiny little speck you can only see with a microscope, when you're not even tall enough to sit at the kid's table?!

Naruto: Hey, the teenage girl you stole your haircut from called; she said you can keep it, 'cuz it looks dumb!
~~~
Sakura: Sasuke-kun, wait! I'll put the fire out with my freakishly large and flame-retardant forehead!

~~~~
Naruto: Your mom's so fat, when she-

Ed: My mom is dead.

Naruto: ... Well, then your mom's so dead, when she sits around the house, she really sits around the house!
OMG HI
Experienced Poster

Post by OMG HI »

[color:green]YES, SAKU-CHAN, YOU ROCK!!! ...But...Who caught that on tape? o_o One of your friends?[/color]
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Words simply cannot desribe how much I loved this skit. XD
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Risikafox
Veteran Poster

Post by Risikafox »

Wow... lol. I didn't get to go to the masquerade, but I'll make sure to do so next year. ^^
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

[quote=Adara]I just uploaded it to youtube.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=tlcrufYvUOc but the timing is all funny once I put it on there for some reason
[/quote]

Uh... that's because you put it on youtube... Streaming video throws off synch and degraades quality. That's the price you pay for streaming.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

*shakes fist at Youtube*
Unfortunately, unles you're willing to shell out the bucks for your own domain name and space, there aren't many other places that allow this sort of thing. I suppose youtube's good for that.
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

Adara
Experienced Poster

Post by Adara »

AHA. I fixed it. It was a problem with the file. I converted it to divx and voila! Take that, youtube!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dpw0wUfeAHk