First Time at Anime Boston! My Impressions

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2012.
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

First Time at Anime Boston! My Impressions

Post by Bowler4Ever »

So, all I have to say is, for the most part, I was very impressed at the showing for Anime Boston, especially since PAX East was going on at the same time. I have never had so much fun in my entire life (and I do say that honestly and truly). It felt so great being in a crowd that loved anime as much as I do! So, I'm just going to make a list of the Good, the Meh, and the Bads of the convention (my opinion, please don't bash me!!)

GOOD:
It's Anime Boston! (Only the second anime convention I've ever been to)
The enthusiasm of the con-goers.
I had a blast! (If it weren't Easter weekend, I would have stayed all day Sunday)
So many Naruto cosplayers!
I bought a LOT of Naruto memorabilia.
I got my Sasuke cosplay on Saturday (which I need to get adjusted...)
Naruto Photoshoot!
I managed to not drink at the convention (I'm 21 and still have yet to have anything alcoholic :D)
24-hour Shaws!!
I was so engrossed in the Dealer's Room that I spent about 8 hours in it on Friday alone!

MEH:
The lines at the food court and almost nowhere to sit!
I didn't go to any panels (thanks to the panel I was co-running, all my plans got ruined due to a lot of last-minute stuff x.x)
A lot of non-anime/Japanese cosplay...

BAD:
The dance getting shut down on Saturday night when me and my friend were 5 people away from getting in...$#(@!&*^#&$%@^&$*(@!!!!!!
I lost my $60 tripod/had it stolen. Was never recovered :(
The wait for next year's x.X

All I have to say is...it was a great experience, and I cannot wait for next year's convention!

I do have 2 questions, though...

When is next year's pre-registration opening/pricing?
Where can I go to get my cosplay adjusted? It's rather a tight fit... :X
AB 2012 cosplays: Switch (SKET Dance), Uchiha Sasuke (Chuunin Exams) (Naruto)
AB 2013 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke, Taka (Naruto Shippuden)
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!
VirtualPlay
Getting the hang of this...

Re: First Time at Anime Boston! My Impressions

Post by VirtualPlay »

I'm glad you had such a blast for your first Anime Boson. :D This year was my 8th and I'm still having fun each year, so I hope you continue to have fun as well. ^_^

I believe I can answer your two questions, as well:
1) AB online/mail-in pre-reg usually begins late summer into the fall. They do usually have tables at other conventions where they offer pre-reg before they announce it online. As for price, unless they need to raise it it will start at the price they were asking during the con, which was $45; if they repeat the past few years it will stay that price until the end of the year.
2) Your best bet for cosplay help from other AB people is the Cosplay Help and Advice forum. They can give you tips/tricks there, and if you're lucky you might be able to find someone near you that you can meet up with to get on-hands help (as always, be careful when agreeing to meet in person with someone you only know online).
2005 - Junpei (Megatokyo); Nakuru Akizuki (CCS) | 2006 - Kimiko Nanasawa (Megatokyo)
2007 - Winry Rockbell (FMA) | 2008 - Kairi (KH 2)
2009 - Alice (American McGee's) | 2010 - Jasmine (HG/SS)
2011 - Persocom (Chobits) | 2012 - Kim Pine (Scott Pilgrim); Classic Alice (American McGee's)
2013 - ?? | 2014 - Annie (League of Legends)
2015 - Blake Belladonna (RWBY) | 2016 -Jade (Beyond Good & Evil)

Another Anime Convention Karaoke Coordinator 2011-present
Supermot
AB Alumni

Post by Supermot »

Also, if you need cosplay help during the convention, Cosplay HQ is stocked with all sorts of items to fix and repair costumes (as well as staff versed in everything from needles and thread to duct tape)
Tom Wilder
Staff Supply Manager 2011-12
Staff Logistics 2013
Merch. Staff 2014-15

Doug's brother 1983-present
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Supermot wrote:Also, if you need cosplay help during the convention, Cosplay HQ is stocked with all sorts of items to fix and repair costumes (as well as staff versed in everything from needles and thread to duct tape)
Oh, no kidding. Great to know.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Supermot wrote:Also, if you need cosplay help during the convention, Cosplay HQ is stocked with all sorts of items to fix and repair costumes (as well as staff versed in everything from needles and thread to duct tape)
Yeah, I've posted in there already (the 10th) and still nothing :(
AB 2012 cosplays: Switch (SKET Dance), Uchiha Sasuke (Chuunin Exams) (Naruto)
AB 2013 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke, Taka (Naruto Shippuden)
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!