Formal Ball pictures or memories?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2012.
SirisAzgana
I'm new!

Formal Ball pictures or memories?

Post by SirisAzgana »

I think the best part of my con experience this year was the Phoenix Ball. Anyone have pictures or memories you want to share? <3
thepolishpixie
Experienced Poster

Re: Formal Ball pictures or memories?

Post by thepolishpixie »

This is first year that I attended the ball with a date...and with a date who enjoys dancing as much as I do! I had such a blast twirling around the dance floor, and when I took a break I saw so many girls sitting and staring wistfully at the floor. I encouraged my date to dance with a few of them, and he kindly obliged. I'm not sure what part I enjoyed more...whirling around the floor, or watching my date make lonely girl's night by expertly waltzing her around the floor.

It's a wonderful event that I hope they will continue for years to come!
2013 Cosplays
Korra- Legend of Korra
Rapunzel- Tangled-inspired (steampunk influence)

2012 Cosplays
Rapunzel- Tangled (short hair)
Supermot
AB Alumni

Post by Supermot »

I was very happy to host at this event, but didn't get any photos from it.

And gentlemen, I had no problem getting young ladies to dance with me all night long. The men here need to take a lesson or two and step up to the plate!

Thanks to everyone who asked me or was asked by me. You were all wonderful dancers.
Tom Wilder
Staff Supply Manager 2011-12
Staff Logistics 2013
Merch. Staff 2014-15

Doug's brother 1983-present
SirisAzgana
I'm new!

Post by SirisAzgana »

I was so lucky! I met a lovely Marine who danced with me for 8 waltzes :) I was also asked by Goku for two dances XD Some ladies even asked me to dance :D Men, we ladies aren't that evil or crazy and we're shy too!
Supermot
AB Alumni

Post by Supermot »

I should add that I enjoyed the two ladies dressed as men dancing with the two men dressed as ladies.

Somewhere in the south, a staunch conservative's head just exploded
Tom Wilder
Staff Supply Manager 2011-12
Staff Logistics 2013
Merch. Staff 2014-15

Doug's brother 1983-present
Naokichan
Veteran Poster

Post by Naokichan »

I wish they played Waltz of the Moon at the ball this year. They did it for two years and hten pulled it (my gf requested it and they said no). I hope they play it next year
Anime Boston 2016 Cosplays:
Sadness from Inside Out
Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler
Chat Noir from Miraculous
Modern England from Hetalia

Anime Boston 2017 Cosplays:
Mei from Overwatch
Pyrrha Nikos school outfit from RWBY
AshHollaaaaaa
Getting the hang of this...

Post by AshHollaaaaaa »

lol i danced with a couple chicks but they all made fun of me at the end of it, hahah it was good poopy though and i enjoyed asking everyone i did
Caesar
Expert Poster

Post by Caesar »

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to take a picture, I spent the first half of it dancing, the second half wondering if my feet would recover in time for me to dance more... sadly they did not. Still I had a great time, met three really nice ladies... completely lost track of them but at least we had fun while it lasted. It was a good experience and perhaps after a few more of these things I won't completely suck at it.
"Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings." Horace
NOlemons
Veteran Poster

Post by NOlemons »

Supermot wrote:I should add that I enjoyed the two ladies dressed as men dancing with the two men dressed as ladies.

Mind= exploded :lol:

On a more seriouis note I had a blast here too. Just wish I coul have Pushed a few more good men to the dance floor. Besides my lovely wife, I pulled another 4 to the ance floor (A princess Buttercup, a sailor moon, a woman who knew the tengo (I'm sitting there shaking my head, Oh I'll ask this pretty lady to the dance floor, and I get lessons on dancing... lol... all in good fun though) and one other pretty wallflower).

Come on men, next year, step it up some. Make a ladies night.

And Ashollaaaa, my apologies on those women, can't believe that would happen.
2016 confirms
Fuhrer King Bradley
AshHollaaaaaa

Post by AshHollaaaaaa »

NOlemons wrote:
Supermot wrote:I should add that I enjoyed the two ladies dressed as men dancing with the two men dressed as ladies.

Mind= exploded :lol:

On a more seriouis note I had a blast here too. Just wish I coul have Pushed a few more good men to the dance floor. Besides my lovely wife, I pulled another 4 to the ance floor (A princess Buttercup, a sailor moon, a woman who knew the tengo (I'm sitting there shaking my head, Oh I'll ask this pretty lady to the dance floor, and I get lessons on dancing... lol... all in good fun though) and one other pretty wallflower).

Come on men, next year, step it up some. Make a ladies night.

And Ashollaaaa, my apologies on those women, can't believe that would happen.
lol it was actually really lighthearted and playful. like i said, i askjed them to dance in the first place so its all good. just gotta go with the punches
Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Post by Miyu chan »

Naokichan wrote:I wish they played Waltz of the Moon at the ball this year. They did it for two years and hten pulled it (my gf requested it and they said no). I hope they play it next year
We try to rotate our music so that we aren't playing the same songs every year. In addition, the music at the ball is a pre-assembled playlist, which makes it difficult to accept requests at the ball itself. The reason your girlfriend was denied is most likely because we didn't have Waltz for the Moon available on our computer.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009
DarthFormal
I'm new!

Post by DarthFormal »

This was my first year attending the ball and it was a lot of fun! I greatly sympathized with the girls wistfully watching the dance floor. However, while I wish someone had asked me to dance, I'm still glad I went to the ball with a great group of friends who were willing to dance with me.

Also, having the string quartet from the VGO was a nice touch. I was super happy when they played the reprise from Spirited Away!
Lifestream
Experienced Poster

Post by Lifestream »

I have some pictures I took when I was running around the dance floor with my crappy picture camera haha.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

Naokichan
Veteran Poster

Post by Naokichan »

Miyu chan wrote:
Naokichan wrote:I wish they played Waltz of the Moon at the ball this year. They did it for two years and hten pulled it (my gf requested it and they said no). I hope they play it next year
We try to rotate our music so that we aren't playing the same songs every year. In addition, the music at the ball is a pre-assembled playlist, which makes it difficult to accept requests at the ball itself. The reason your girlfriend was denied is most likely because we didn't have Waltz for the Moon available on our computer.

do you think they would play it next year? A few people I met at the ball were talking about asking the coordinators to request it for next years set.
Sadness from Inside Out

Mei from Overwatch
Icchysgirl
Veteran Poster

Post by Icchysgirl »

I enjoy the ball every year I've gone this year was much more fun though
I wnet with my best friend and towards the end of the night when most
of the guys had left I danced with her alot. It was nice to be asked as often
as I was though, I had alot of photos taken of me even though I wasn't in
any sort of costume which I found strange but it was thoughtful. I wish some
of the men could have stepped up more though
Sometimes my motorcycle just doesn't work ...
Sometimes I don't draw the right cards ...
And sometimes I have a man crush on Yugi
Plans for 2014 - Female Yusei
Palegia

Post by Palegia »

Oh my goodness, this was probably the highlight of my weekend. I was dressed as the designer doll Rapunzel, the one with the bedazzled purple corset and sparkling pink skirt. At first, I was hesitant to dance because I really had no idea how to dance. Then my friend's friend taught me how, and after that I couldn't stop dancing. I was standing around, waiting for someone to ask me to dance, but the guys were all so shy.
So, I danced with a couple girls, like, why not? Right?
Then I just started to ask people if they wanted to dance and nobody said no xD It was a blast! Way better than any of the high school dances I've ever been to. The music was just loud enough so everyone could hear it, but soft enough so you could have a conversation while you were dancing. AND THE QUARTET WAS SO LOVELY.
The whole thing was lovely. Nobody was grinding, or fighting over guys, it was just amazing.
I really appreciate those who put the time in to make this whole thing happen, and I appreciate everyone that danced with me :3
coffeecake
Veteran Poster

Post by coffeecake »

I met a girl who lives near by me, and now we're great friends!
Anime Boston 2024:
Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Post by Miyu chan »

Naokichan wrote:
Miyu chan wrote:

do you think they would play it next year? A few people I met at the ball were talking about asking the coordinators to request it for next years set.
If I remember this conversation when we sit down to plan next year's dance, I'll mention adding it back into the rotation.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009
Naokichan
Veteran Poster

Post by Naokichan »

Miyu chan wrote:
Naokichan wrote:
Miyu chan wrote:

If I remember this conversation when we sit down to plan next year's dance, I'll mention adding it back into the rotation.
:D :D :D :D omG! thank you! :D
Sadness from Inside Out

Mei from Overwatch
MySkyColoredUmbrella
I'm new!

Post by MySkyColoredUmbrella »

I met my boyfriend at the ball this year.
I don't know what's better than meeting someone at a anime convention dance but It's pretty sweet. I can't wait for next year