My first time at anime boston

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2012.
ModifierMR
Getting the hang of this...

My first time at anime boston

Post by ModifierMR »

My fiance has been trying to get me to go to Anime Boston for 3 years now. Every time the convention came up I was either working or couldnt find the time. This year I finally said I would put in the effort. Boy did I make the right decision! I have not had that much/type of fun in a long time. The whole time I was there it was like being in another world and I was able, for a time, to forget about all of life's worries and just enjoy everything around me. This was my first Convention ever, and first time ever being immersed in a crowd of cosplayers. Everyone was friendly and nice, and all worked as one giant community. The panels were great, the events in Hall D were awesome and they even had my favorite Japanese drum game :lol: . (no idea what its called).

My only regret was that I was not able to stay past 10pm for fear that I would not be able to get home because the T has a limited schedule. Next year I will drive in and split the parking costs with my party. That way we can stay till 3AM and do all the really fun stuff at night ;) .

Cosplay for next year:

I also plan to cosplay next year. I am very handy and am known for going above and beyond when making something, so i thought I would shoot big for next year. I hope to come to AB 2013 as Bonta-Kun From Full metal panic?!: fumoffu! However, I want to make the costume from scratch and be identical to the one in the anime, almost an exact replica. I already have the plans and some materials so i will probably post updates on here as I make progress on it. Some features I want to include are things like a voice box that projects Bonta kun's voice as "Fumo Fummofu!" Also I stand about 6'3" so for me to properly fit inside, bonta kun will have to stand almost 7 feet tall! Not to mention as wide as a standard doorway. I will have to look into Anime Bostons rules for size limits and such. hopefully I can build a fully equipped Bonta kun that will one we can all talk about next year!

Thanks for the wonderful memories, that weekend went by too fast. Already cant wait for next year!
Sayoria
AB Staff

Re: My first time at anime boston

Post by Sayoria »

Glad you enjoyed it. Cons = Antidrug. Like, seriously. Lots of money to go sometimes, but in the end, the memories and the events kick ass.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
NekoRyuzaki
Experienced Poster

Post by NekoRyuzaki »

ModifierMR wrote:My fiance has been trying to get me to go to Anime Boston for 3 years now. Every time the convention came up I was either working or couldnt find the time. This year I finally said I would put in the effort. Boy did I make the right decision! I have not had that much/type of fun in a long time. The whole time I was there it was like being in another world and I was able, for a time, to forget about all of life's worries and just enjoy everything around me. This was my first Convention ever, and first time ever being immersed in a crowd of cosplayers. Everyone was friendly and nice, and all worked as one giant community. The panels were great, the events in Hall D were awesome and they even had my favorite Japanese drum game :lol: . (no idea what its called).

My only regret was that I was not able to stay past 10pm for fear that I would not be able to get home because the T has a limited schedule. Next year I will drive in and split the parking costs with my party. That way we can stay till 3AM and do all the really fun stuff at night ;) .

Cosplay for next year:

I also plan to cosplay next year. I am very handy and am known for going above and beyond when making something, so i thought I would shoot big for next year. I hope to come to AB 2013 as Bonta-Kun From Full metal panic?!: fumoffu! However, I want to make the costume from scratch and be identical to the one in the anime, almost an exact replica. I already have the plans and some materials so i will probably post updates on here as I make progress on it. Some features I want to include are things like a voice box that projects Bonta kun's voice as "Fumo Fummofu!" Also I stand about 6'3" so for me to properly fit inside, bonta kun will have to stand almost 7 feet tall! Not to mention as wide as a standard doorway. I will have to look into Anime Bostons rules for size limits and such. hopefully I can build a fully equipped Bonta kun that will one we can all talk about next year!

Thanks for the wonderful memories, that weekend went by too fast. Already cant wait for next year!
FUMO FUMO FUMOFUMOFUMOOOF (Best cospaly idea ever i loved bonta kun)
AB10:L
AB11:L
AB12: Neko L
AB13: Hope or L

http://kaiizukiaob.deviantart.com/
HoshikoYoukai

Post by HoshikoYoukai »

This year was also my first year at anime Boston i was so overwhelmed at first and i had no idea where i was going! Eventually i got the hang of it and learn the layout. The size was a huge jump from the last con i had gone to (GenericCon) but i loved all of AB. The the panels were a little bit of a hit or miss but the events made up for them by far!
ModifierMR

Post by ModifierMR »

HoshikoYoukai wrote:This year was also my first year at anime Boston i was so overwhelmed at first and i had no idea where i was going! Eventually i got the hang of it and learn the layout. The size was a huge jump from the last con i had gone to (GenericCon) but i loved all of AB. The the panels were a little bit of a hit or miss but the events made up for them by far!
Same here, on friday morning i was completely confused on what to do...there was so much going on at any given time it was hard to choose what to go see. I think i spent most of friday bouncing from panel to panel trying to take it all in :lol: . Saturday was when I learned to pick and choose.

While some panels seemed to be somewhat of a flop for me, there was still many other panels that I found hillarious or had interesting topics. I hope the Taiko drummers come back next year.
nandeyan3n

Post by nandeyan3n »

ModifierMR wrote:The panels were great, the events in Hall D were awesome and they even had my favorite Japanese drum game :lol: . (no idea what its called).
The drum game is called "Taiko no Tatsujin." ^^

My Cosplay.com Profile

AB 2010:
Bubblehead Nurse (Silent Hill)
Vivi (FFIX, Female version)
Shiki (TWEWY)

AB 2012
Matilda Ajan (Mobile Suit Gundam)
R. Dorothy Wayneright (The Big O)
Laughing Man (Ghost in the Shell)
ModifierMR

Post by ModifierMR »

nandeyan3n wrote:
ModifierMR wrote:The panels were great, the events in Hall D were awesome and they even had my favorite Japanese drum game :lol: . (no idea what its called).
The drum game is called "Taiko no Tatsujin." ^^

Mark my words I will own that game someday!