Con Hangover thread

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2012.
VanceVanhite
Getting the hang of this...

Con Hangover thread

Post by VanceVanhite »

I guess I'll start a thread dedicated to that feeling that I get (hopefully you guys too) after an awesome con...That glorious feeling composed of sadness, happiness, tiredness, nostalgia, and excitement for the next con. Like I said, hopefully I'm not the only one who gets this kind of feeling, haha.

So in order to make this an actual thread rather than just a statement, here's a few questions for you to fill out!

-What was your favorite experience this year?
-Who did you cosplay as?
-Who do you want to cosplay as next year?
-What events did you go to/enjoy the most?
-Anything else you want to add in about how this con rocked can go here.

For my answers:

-Walking around in my cosplay, getting my picture taken in it a whole bunch, and taking tons of photos of some of my favorite characters. Just going around the general con itself, really.
-Travis Touchdown!
-An even better Travis Touchdown! (Better props, etc--It's the only cosplay I've found that I don't look weird in).
-The masquerade was AWESOME, even though I had to stand the whole time T___T; I also enjoyed the Informal Dance on Friday...when I got there on Saturday it was closed (to keep this thread open, let's just avoid all discussion of the closing/theories out of this thread, please). They had some pretty good DJs this year, though. Really great picks.
EDIT: The AMV contest was freakin' awesome. I couldn't believe that they had a Celldweller song, much less with a Black Lagoon AMV! Really made my day right there, as well as an AFI/Madoka pairing. Seriously, all of the AMVs this year were 11/10.
-I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this was better than Otakon last year...
If I could rate AB 2012 on a scale from 1-10, it'd be "Pretty Awesome".
ashanyao
Veteran Poster

Re: Con Hangover thread

Post by ashanyao »

What was your favorite experience this year?
well, this was my first anime boston so i'm going to go out on a limb and say everything. i remember when i walked in on friday and just being like, "oh my god," half because i was with "my people" and half because it was just overwhelming (in a good way)! i loved looking at all the cosplays, vendors and the artists in artists alley. there was always something new that i'd see and would fall in love with. i also enjoyed how well my first cosplay went over -- but more on that later. lastly, i loved the lolita panels! they really inspired me to just be myself and not be shy with the fashion that i choose to wear. i went to the she's so unusual panel for lolitas yesterday about loli's in the media and i went to the one on saturday which talked about loli fashion. the presenters were great!

Who did you cosplay as?
nakano azusa AKA azunyan from K-ON! friday/sunday i did a look from the LISTEN! song and saturday i did a casual wear with her pigtails and cat ears. i loved every minute of it even though i wish i wore my main cosplay every day but saturday was SO busy that i'm kind of glad i "blended" in.

Who do you want to cosplay as next year?
i definitely want to do another costume of azusa's from k-on. i'd also like to give it a go as princess daisy but i will be revealing that in october for NYAF. lastly, the final fantasy nerd in me was screaming at all the amazing cosplays so i'm sure i'd pick a character from that and go with it (probably yuna.)

What events did you go to/enjoy the most?
the lolita panels that i mentioned already! i loved, loved, loved those. i also briefly saw the taiko drumming one. i hope they get a bigger room next year. it was so stuffed in there and hard to see but i loved listening to the music while i was able to. next year i plan on going to more of the dances, cosplay chess, etc.

Anything else you want to add in about how this con rocked can go here.
YOU WERE ALL SO FRIENDLY. thank you for making my very first, long overdue con experience an amazing one!
✧・゚:* AB 2024 *:・゚✧
Friday AM ⋆ Sailor Mars
Friday PM ⋆ Princess / Prom Flayn
Saturday ⋆ Timeskip Lysithea (masquerade) - FE3H
Sunday ⋆ Abigail - Stardew Valley

✧・゚:* SOCIALS *:・゚✧
https://www.instagram.com/ashanyao/
https://www.facebook.com/ashanyaocosplay/
https://twitter.com/ashanyao
SavannahBanana13
Experienced Poster

Post by SavannahBanana13 »

I cosplayed as Double D from Ed Edd N Eddy. My favorite experience this year was spending time with my close friends and making many new friends at the con. I also really enjoyed having my picture taken and being known as "sockhead" and "double d". My favorite event was definitly the Saturday night informal dance. Next year, I think I am going to cosplay as Noodle from the Gorillaz. Also, if anyone got any good pictures of me, please send them to me :). In my opinion, this was the best Anime Boston ever :D
2009 - Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
2010 - Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)
2011 - Erik (the Phantom of the Opera)
2012 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2013 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2014 - Tina Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

2015 possibilities
-Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann)
-fem!Izaya (Durarara)
-Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SavannahElizabethPaul
Twitter: @savannah_paul
Tumblr & Instagram: somechicknamedsavannah
mop
Veteran Poster

Post by mop »

I.... really can't pick. xD

Who did you cosplay as?

Fran from Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and Katsura from Gintama.

My dream cosplay would be the Galactic Merchant Fleet Robot Kaien. Or Makoto, Gintoki's centaur disguise. But, I'm lazy, mannnn.

I may continue with the Katsura (with Elizabeth) gig, though we'll probably do Katsuo and Eluigi instead. I just need to find my classic Gameboy so I can pretend it's a twin Famicom or something. And Fran will definitely return with improvements (apple!Fran possibly). VG Gokudera might come back, but for now, he's likely going to be Xanxus instead so he can go more nicely with our Varia group.

We didn't do much except wander around and spend money for most of it. But, I did get to see the concerts, some Gundam Unicorn, Haruhi Suzumiya, and the Gintama panel was amazing.

I love everyone. Extra love goes to the Gintama group. My Elizabeth mask will be forever pinned to the corkboard in my bedroom.
"one by one, we are together, we fall together."

✧·˚. 2019:
Eiki Shiki (Touhou Project)
Katsura Kotarou (Gintama)
White Mage (Final Fantasy)

✧·˚. 2018:
Juvia Lockser (Fairy Tail)
Komachi Onozuka (Touhou Project)
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

SavannahBanana13 wrote:I cosplayed as Double D from Ed Edd N Eddy. My favorite experience this year was spending time with my close friends and making many new friends at the con. I also really enjoyed having my picture taken and being known as "sockhead" and "double d"
You were so awesome! I love Double D. My brother got a picture of you. Once I get some time to put them up online, I will be sure to PM you with it.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
heartstarmagick
Experienced Poster

Post by heartstarmagick »

Oh my god, waaaaay too many to count. Just this entire weekend was amazing.

-Who did you cosplay as?
Friday I was Xemnas almost the entire day, with a few breaks in between because of that coat @_____@ Saturday, I was Jenova for about half the day, then I changed into Xem for pretty much the entire night. Sunday,I was Xemnas again. Obviously, I have a favorite costume, LMAO. <3

Lucrecia Crescent, from FFVII. My boyfriend already has Hojo together from this year with Jenova. I want to be Xem again, with a new wig, and maybe Axel too. And Spirit Albarn from Soul Eater, since we had to cancel that cosplay this year.

We're not really big panel/event goers unless they look really, really interesting. Ask the Live Action KH crew was probably my favorite, it was so entertaining. The Org XIII panel was really, really awesome as well. We went to Kirk Thornton's panel, too, and Caitlin Glass's, both of which were fantastic as well.

Amazing time, I so can't wait for next year.
AB 2012!!
Superior Xemnas (with my Org. XIII group) from Kingdom Hearts
Mother JENOVA (with my Professor Hojo) from Final Fantasy VII
AB 2013!!
Axel {and possibly/probably Xemnas} (with my Saix) from Kingdom Hearts
Lucrecia Crescent (with my Professor Hojo) from FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus
Spirit Albarn (with my Stein) from Soul Eater {extremely tentative}
VanceVanhite

Post by VanceVanhite »

Ashanyao: that's awesome! I love K-ON!

Savannahbanana13: I wish I would've seen that cosplay :(

Shyranelle: Wish I would've seen that Gintama cosplay D:

heartstarmagick: Sounds great, glad you had a good time!
If I could rate AB 2012 on a scale from 1-10, it'd be "Pretty Awesome".
Arakni666
Experienced Poster

Post by Arakni666 »

Just being there was awesome this year. I've been cosplaying for years now, but this is the first time people have actually stopped and looked my costume over and told me how good it looked. People even asked me how I built my sword and shield, and asked to hold them to see how they were constructed/how heavy they were (I was Link). I got so many pictures taken, both by myself and with my friend, who was dressed as Zelda.

-Who did you cosplay as?
As mentioned above, I was Link. I was trying to go for the Twilight Princess look, but I ran out of time and ended up without chainmail, a proper undershirt, or gloves (and I had no hat for the first half of Friday). And yet people still told me how great I looked! It felt so amazing.

I think I'll be keeping this Link cosplay for next year, and working on it during the year to make it even better. I've got some new ideas about how to make the chainmail and everything and I think it'll be great.

I'm not much of a panel-goer, but I really did enjoy the "Bad Anime, Bad" thing. I was laughing so hard I was crying in my seat. I liked most of the AMV contest. But the best part was definitely walking the halls and having my picture taken.

This year was awesome, and I owe it all to you guys! Thanks for making me feel so good about myself. I really hope I'll have time to come again next year.
NekoRyuzaki
Experienced Poster

Post by NekoRyuzaki »

Anime Boston itself hehe,. and the tackle hugs I got fro being Neko L XD

-Who did you cosplay as?
Neko L I had all the make up and hair done the costume and the walk and sitting stuff too. I also had ears a tail and on saturday I added a bell to my tail.

Either Hope from FFXIII-2 or COntinue as L with a death note group cosplay

I didnt go to many so I cant really answer I was just there to hangout and meet friends I loved the dance ^^

You guy make me feel alive and zaccepted...so all I really have to add is thank you so much! Nya~
AB10:L
AB11:L
AB12: Neko L
AB13: Hope or L

http://kaiizukiaob.deviantart.com/
Halloween Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Halloween Kitsune »

Finally did a costume that actually gave me a lot of attention. Finally got some recognition! Now next year I can do a costume that I'll enjoy being able to walk around in!

-Who did you cosplay as?
Chell, from Portal 2. The one walking around with jump boots and a portal gun that actually lit up.

Probably the Cheshire Cat from Pandora Hearts or Sora from KH2. The idea of doing Toph is still floating around too. We'll see.

It's really hard getting my boyfriend to go to ANYTHING. I managed to get him to go to the Cosplay Chess and really glad I went to it! Had an awesome time at it and the proposal was the most touching and cutest thing yet. I said it in another spot and I'll say it again...I wish the both of them the BEST of luck!

Just getting to be around like minded people for a short amount of time. Where I live...people look at me and go "What the hell is anime"? Just sad that it's over so soon. Next year...NEXT year I need to take part in way more. WHOO!
2020: Bowsette/Senko-san
2019: Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
2018: Lady Sephiroth
2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda

Past Cosplays:
2016: LoL Ahri
2015: FF14 Miqo'te Bard
2014: Twilight Princess Link
2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
2012: Chell (Portal 2)
2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
2009: KH2 Roxas

Owner and master of Fox and Bear Cosplay:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxandBearCosplay
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

I honestly don't have one. I've been attending for so long that the entire weekend is judged as a whole, so unless something comes completely out of left field, I can't rate anything.

-Who did you cosplay as?
The 9th Doctor, for the last time.

The 3rd Doctor, or Ra's Al Ghul from Batman Begins.

Chocobos Ate My Baby and Yokai Nation were the two highlights of my weekend- best reaction I could have hoped for. And seeing the 100+ people at the BBC (aka Dr Who/Sherlock) photoshoot bowled me over.

I was hoping the proximity to PAX wouldn't decrease the favlor or value of the con as a whole. Glad to see it clearly didn't.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
Firefly Rhapsody

Post by Firefly Rhapsody »

Getting the chance to make new friends which I normally don't get to do.

Who did you cosplay as?
Konan from Naruto and the rage face, Are You F*cking Kidding Me?

Not sure at the moment, but I'm kinda hoping to do a more elaborate cosplay.

I enjoyed the 'informal dance' the most cause I didn't really get the chance to go to any of the other events.. : /
azyryan
Expert Poster

Post by azyryan »

Oh gosh, can I just say most my favorite parts of AB2012 are the inside jokes made with my friends and some of our shenanigans that we've agreed to never explain to anyone else XD
But the one's I can share would have to be getting to talk to...oh god blanking on his name...but he's the cosplay in america person. I was looking through his book and started talking to him and he filmed me answering questions and then I walked away and fangirled for a little while XD
Also I think getting my picture taken and the comments on my Dead Master horns made my life!!

Who did you cosplay as?
I cosplayed as Dead Master from Black Rock Shooter OVA, and it was a big first for me, as in it was my first non-closet cosplay that went so well! Also cosplayed as Misa Amane...again, but this time I had a wig.

Well I have a long list of "to-cosplay" but two I thought of while at AB are Lightning from Final Fantasy or Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgram.

Cosplay Death Match, AMVs, 10 years of AMV and Bad Anime Bad. Both Bad Anime Bad & Cosplay Death Match were insanely hilarious and I'll definitely be going back next year.
The 10 years of AMvs (or whatever the correct title was) was one of my favorites. I loved seeing the AMVs from 2010 which was my first anime convention. And all my favorites from 2011. I fangirled very much that night!

This con just keeps getting better and better every year...can't wait to see what 2013 has in store XD
AB10: Myself :P
AB11: Misa Amane & NANA Osaki
AB12: Misa Amane & Dead Master
AB13: Stocking & young Genkai
AB14: Stocking, Young Genkai, Christie Leroux
AB15: Botan, Chrisite Leroux, Vanellope Von Schweetz
AB16: Koto, Umi Sonoda, Asuka Tanaka, Liv Moore
AB17: Naho, Yukina, Stocking (PJs), Hanamaru
AB18 Plans:
Friday: Vanellope von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph)
Saturday: Stocking Sailor vers. (Panty and Stocking)
Sunday: ??
akisearu
Veteran Poster

Post by akisearu »

I loved everything, but funnily my favorite event wasn't a panel or anything planned. I just loved walking around and meeting people. ^^; I wish I could've hugged more people. Also next year I will definitely poke Kurogane. Watch out. ^^

-Who did you cosplay as?

Fai on Saturday. Raikou on Sunday.

Fai never gets old. I'd like to do Akise Aru and Unno Rokurou next year. ^^ Possibly Darryl Yan from GC too.

I loved anything to do with AMV contests. I also heard Bad Anime, Bad was very, very funny. ^^

Wootwoot ^^ SO MUCH AWESOME!!
fendoffconwithdrawalwithzenkaikonhopetoseeyouthere^^

AB 2012:
Saturday: Fai D. Fluorite (TRC)
Sunday: Raikou Shimizu (Nabari no Ou)
SavannahBanana13
Experienced Poster

Post by SavannahBanana13 »

royalbakaness wrote:
SavannahBanana13 wrote:I cosplayed as Double D from Ed Edd N Eddy. My favorite experience this year was spending time with my close friends and making many new friends at the con. I also really enjoyed having my picture taken and being known as "sockhead" and "double d"
You were so awesome! I love Double D. My brother got a picture of you. Once I get some time to put them up online, I will be sure to PM you with it.
Thank you thank you thank you! :D
2009 - Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
2010 - Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)
2011 - Erik (the Phantom of the Opera)
2012 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2013 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2014 - Tina Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

2015 possibilities
-Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann)
-fem!Izaya (Durarara)
-Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SavannahElizabethPaul
Twitter: @savannah_paul
Tumblr & Instagram: somechicknamedsavannah
mop
Veteran Poster

Post by mop »

VanceVanhite wrote:
Shyranelle: Wish I would've seen that Gintama cosplay D:
The Gintama group overall was amazing. Everyone was wonderful. I think the one thing that would have made it exceptional is if we had a Sakamoto (ahahahahaha). But it was great nonetheless.
"one by one, we are together, we fall together."

✧·˚. 2019:
Eiki Shiki (Touhou Project)
Katsura Kotarou (Gintama)
White Mage (Final Fantasy)

✧·˚. 2018:
Juvia Lockser (Fairy Tail)
Komachi Onozuka (Touhou Project)
mahoukiyoraka
Expert Poster

Post by mahoukiyoraka »

My favorite experience this year was late Saturday night. We had all changed out of cosplay and went back to the con, mainly for the hentai dubbing panel. However, my friend's ID expired when she turned 18 (which clearly means she isn't 18 anymore) so we couldn't go in. INSTEAD we played a game. We had 5 of us. We asked people to arrange us from oldest to youngest and then guess our ages. No one got it right. It was funny to watch people guess and see their thought processes. Loved it. And then people started challenging us. It was awesome.

-Who did you cosplay as?
On Friday, I cosplayed Princess Tutu as her Swan Lake version, with my sister as Kraehe.
On Saturday, I cosplayed Serah, with my boyfriend as Snow (Final Fantasy XIII).

Next year, I'm not sure! Possibly Homura from Madoka. I will likely be Tutu again. Or Martel from Tales of Symphonia.

I didn't really go to many events, sadly. I guess the most exciting thing was either the fashion show or Anime Unscripted (which... really... Greg Ayres was the best part).

I had a fun time! I love AB and can't wait to go next year and not have to skip classes XD
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Just being at Anime Boston [FINALLY] made me happy! All the people who went to the convention, and all the people who loves anime as much as I!

-Who did you cosplay as?
A really bad Kazuyoshi Usui from Sket Dance (didn't have the entire wardrobe :() on Friday
An incomplete Uchiha Sasuke on Saturday (I bought it Saturday morning :P)

Uchiha Sasuke, no doubt. I'm ordering the stuff I need to complete the cosplay in the next week or so :)

Definitely the Naruto Photoshoot on Saturday was my favorite part. I also attended the last 25 minutes of Friday's concert.
I also co-hosted the Millionaire panel Saturday night :)

The Dealers Room was AWESOME. I think I spent about 11 hours in there over the weekend, and I don't regret it!
AB 2012 cosplays: Switch (SKET Dance), Uchiha Sasuke (Chuunin Exams) (Naruto)
AB 2013 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke, Taka (Naruto Shippuden)
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!
bookishfreak
Experienced Poster

Post by bookishfreak »

Oh my gosh...so many! The Mock Combat for Cosplay panels (Both beginner and intermediate) were so amazing! They were so much fun! My partners were awesome, and I really would love to chat with them again! The yuri panel was hilarious! Meeting new people, all the really awesome panels! Oh and meeting the girl that draws the badges at the booth in Artists Alley. I bought an Ouran Yaoi Fan Mommy/Daddy one and one that said "I <3 <3 the Doctor"

-Who did you cosplay as?
I was gonna cosplay as Hani-Senpai from Ouran, and Yachiru from Bleach, but I ran out of money and time sadly. But I did wear really awesome t-shirts all three days!

I want to finish my Hani cosplay, as well as my Yachiru and possibly Richard from Black Butler. I dunno yet.

The Mock Combat for Cosplay panels, the Introduction to Japanese Folklore panel, the Religion in Japan panel, The Yuri panel, the Piracy Panel and the Informal Dance.

I wasn't as shy this year, so I got to meet some really awesome people! I'm so happy that people were so cool!
Ex-Shark-Virtue-005

Post by Ex-Shark-Virtue-005 »

Oh god...Probably getting into a screaming macth with someone cosplaying Spirit from Soul Eater (I was cosplaying Maka) Then having to explain to my friend who had never seen Soul Eater what had happened. Not to mention the 15,000 times I had my picture taken.

Who did you cosplay as?
I cosplayed as Maka Albarn from Soul Eater. I had a six foot scythe with a three foot blade (it was a major pain (literally) to carry around).

I want to hopefully cosplay Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia.

Chocobos Ate My Baby: the Evolution of Final Fantasty, Americans in Anime F Yeah! Anime Fans in Anime, All the Mecha You'll Ever Need, Bad Anime, Bad! and The Digimon Digital Fan Panel. All of them were amazing!

Anything else you want to add in about how this con rocked?
All the Tales of Cosplayers were awesome! Thank you to the guys cosplaying Zagi (ToV), Luke (ToA) and Hubert (ToGf) for posing for me! Not to mention all the reasonably priced Tales of Merchandise in the Dealers Room.
Tieria Erde (first season) '09 and '10
Tieria Erde (second season) '11
Maka Albarn '12
No Items Ever
Expert Poster

Post by No Items Ever »

Ex-Shark-Virtue-005 wrote:
Anything else you want to add in about how this con rocked?
All the Tales of Cosplayers were awesome! Thank you to the guys cosplaying Zagi (ToV), Luke (ToA) and Hubert (ToGf) for posing for me! Not to mention all the reasonably priced Tales of Merchandise in the Dealers Room.
Hey I was the Judas (ToD2) from the Tales of photoshoot. We all really appreciate the praise and it was a pleasure having you at the photoshoot! I wasn't there too much on Saturday but I have seen the pics you posted and they look great. Also I LOVE your Maka cosplay, especially with all the work put into the scythe (despite it most likely being a pain to lug around lol) We would also love having you as Yuri since we need more main character love. For next AB we will have the whole Graces f main party cast (I'm actually going as Malik for it) and hopefully have people like Kurt with us too if everything goes well.

I suppose I should probably make one for myself then. xD;

It had to be being part of photoshoots. It was my first Tales of photoshoot (as Judas) so I was really nervous that some people wouldn't know who I was and that I'd be left out. Yet I was noticed and got a lot pictures taken so it's nice to know people have heard about him before. But best of all it was being with the Tales of Shenanigans crew, they're honestly like a second family to me and I can't wait to be part of more photoshoots with them.

Who did you cosplay as?
I went as Judas from Tales of Destiny 2 and Gintoki from Gintama. Judas was a PAIN in the ass to cosplay just because of two main reasons:
1.The mask. Mainly because I wear glasses so I constantly have to take the mask on and off in order to see what's going on.
2. No pockets so I ended up using a totebag to put my phone, glasses, wallet, etc.
Gintoki was just awesome to cosplay as since it's much more relaxing to go as, also I always have something to read on hand in case I'm bored.

I really want to cosplay as Stahn Aileron from Tales of Destiny and Malik from Tales of Graces f. I'll probably bring Gintoki back again since I like hanging out with all the Gintama fans too.

Just a Gintama panel, Masquerade, and Cosplay Chess. I enjoyed all of them, and it was nice meeting all the Gintama fans at the panel. I really hope it comes back next year so I can bring more people who couldn't make it this year due to conflicting con panels. I loved seeing my friends in both the Masquerade and Cosplay Chess and it makes me want to try to enter them next year.

Anything else you want to add about how this con rocked?
The Tales of photoshoot was so epic. I really appreciate anyone who either went to it, or just stopped by to see what was going on. We love cosplaying the series so expect more at AB 2013 and maybe some other cons beyond that. Also to whoever stocked the Tales of Friends keychains in the dealers room. THANK YOU SO MUCH. ;W;
Mava

Post by Mava »

Even a full week later, I'm still going through my post-con hangover... xDD
I'd have to say being in a photoshoot. I haven't made a costume since '08 so I haven't really been to any photoshoots since then. They're much more organized now, and it was really a ton of fun to pose with all of the other people who cosplayed the same character or characters from within the show. My friends and I had worked for months on our costumes and so our full-cast group pics were especially fun and rewarding. :3
Who did you cosplay as?
Kaname Madoka from Madoka Magica on Friday and Saturday, then Honda Tohru on Saturday evening.
I've got about 20 ideas floating around now, which should narrow down by the fall to one or two projects.
I went to the Anime Unscripted, Con Horror Stories, and caught the end of the Cosplay Chess Match. Everything was great! :D
Ghaa, I had a blast! Solid year this year, in all honesty. My one regret was not taking my traditional Saturday-afternoon-nap, which caused me to be a bit moody Saturday night. It wasn't big enough to ruin my con experience, though, just reminded me to get more sleep next year~. ^w^
AB '19- Kikumaru (Prince of Tennis), Yohane (Love Live), Dave (Homestuck), Gai (Naruto)
AB '18- Kagome (Inuyasha), Yohane, Kikumaru
AB '17- Yurio (Yuri on Ice), Cyan (Show by Rock), Rin (Love Live), Yui (Fushigi Yuugi)
AB '16- Rin, John (BBC Sherlock)
AB '15- Asuka (Evangeleon)
AB '14- Asuka
AB '13- John, Kaidoh, Tohru (Fruits Basket)
AB '12- Madoka (Madoka Magica), Tohru
AB '11- Kaidoh (Prince of Tennis)
AB '10- Tohru
AB '09- Tohru
AB '08- Katara (Avatar)
accordionworm
I'm new!

Post by accordionworm »

-One of my favorite experiences was seeing two of my friends from the Metal Gear Solid group perform at the Masquerade (the Big Boss and the Otacon).
-I cosplayed as Emma "E.E." Emmerich from Metal Gear Solid 2.
-I'm hoping I can go for all three days next year, and if I do, I'm definitely going to save at least one day for E.E. again. I'm hoping I can do either the Mistress from Superjail! or Duck from Princess Tutu.
-I watched Azumanga Daioh and Revolutionary Girl Utena, I briefly went to the Masquerade, I saw the AMV Contest, I went to the Metal Gear Science Panel and the Metal Gear Series Panel.
-The people, spirit, and energy are all awesome. Better than bacon. :)
Kirara
Expert Poster

Post by Kirara »

Just everthing in general. I loved all of the attention I got and the nice people I met. I can't wait until AB 2013.
Who did you cosplay as?
Inuyasha
Medusa, Maka, and Crona from Soul Eater
I didn't get to go to any panels or the masquerade but I did chat and take pictures with the other cosplayers at the Inuyasha photoshoot.
I had the greatest day ever! I'm definitly coming back for years to come.
AB'12
Inuyasha
AB'13
Nepeta Leijon, Lin Bei Fong, Crona
AB'14
Latula Pyrope, Indigo-Blood Disciple, Nepeta Leijon
AB'15
San and Ryuko Matoi