So once again, how do you feel now that it's over?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2012.
coolforever
AB Alumni

So once again, how do you feel now that it's over?

Post by coolforever »

It's a yearly thread that I have to start on these forums.

Personally, I actually feel a little bit more depressed this year compared to other years. However, as I'm typing this I don't feel much emotion going through me, but I know it will hit me hard sooner or later.

I did have a BLAST at the convention though, and I loved having my photo taken with my new cosplay outfit, and I had A LOT of fun running my panels too. Makes me wish AB would last forever. But at least I also have some other conventions to look forward to this year. :)

So how do you guys feel now that the weekend is over?
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Caesar
Expert Poster

Re: So once again, how do you feel now that it's over?

Post by Caesar »

tired, but almost high with the afterglow of the euphoria of the event as a whole. I don't see what there is to be depressed about, I had a great time, met a bunch of great people, and can look forward to good times to come.

Besides if the con never ended we'd all be destitute within the span of a week. I must have spent close to 100 dollars this weekend.
"Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings." Horace
mister-walter
I'm new!

Post by mister-walter »

This was the first time I've gone to Anime Boston, so it was jarring this morning when I woke up and nigh cried when I remembered that I couldn't go to Anime Boston today (family obligations). I guess it's mostly the realization that you've got to get back to the rest of the world, with all the people that look at you funny because you enjoy Japanese culture. At AB, I felt a sense of belonging for the first time in my life, and the euphoria that comes with realizing that was amazing. This is something I'll miss for the next 411 days that await AB 2013.

All in all, Anime Boston 2012 was easily one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life, and though I didn't take the initiative to meet new people or cosplay this year, I'm super-pumped for next year!
SavannahBanana13
Experienced Poster

Post by SavannahBanana13 »

I'm really sad that it's over, but I'm so happy that I had a wonderful time! I got to spend time with some of my good friends and I made many new friends. This has honestly been the best Anime Boston I've been to <3
2009 - Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
2010 - Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)
2011 - Erik (the Phantom of the Opera)
2012 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2013 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2014 - Tina Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

2015 possibilities
-Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann)
-fem!Izaya (Durarara)
-Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SavannahElizabethPaul
Twitter: @savannah_paul
Tumblr & Instagram: somechicknamedsavannah
Sarath_Ethin
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Sarath_Ethin »

I feel like it's that Camp effect. If anyone has ever gone to a summer camp or something similar, you have a great time, you wish it would never end, but you know it has to end. That's what makes it great. The fact that it's a once a year thing, you have to get back to reality. It's the reason you left it in the first place. To enjoy some time away so you can go back to normalcy with a refreshed state of mind and spirit.
AB 2011: Random DC Criminal #17
AB 2012: Katakura Kojuro
Halloween Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Halloween Kitsune »

It's always a mix for me. This is my 4th year and the weeks leading up to it are both..."Whoo!", mixed with dread and nerves. The first day of the con is again, the same. Mostly nerves because I don't know how people will react to the costumes. At the end...I think I get this massive people overload and get rather snippy on the last day (that and by that point my boyfriend has combed over EVERY booth at least 9 times each and on the last day we find something that I've been waiting the whole con for and he finally points it out to me...too little too late). By the time Sunday ends...I think I'm more glad than sad about it. I mean, I'll miss seeing all the cool and strange costumes, and certainly miss being around like minded people (not many of those where I live)! It's the...spending money bit that I'm happy about leaving. So many cool things...that I can't buy...because I'm on a budget. And the last sad aspect...end of the con means end of my vacation and heading home, waiting another 3-4 months until I can see my boyfriend again.
2020: Bowsette/Senko-san
2019: Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
2018: Lady Sephiroth
2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda

Past Cosplays:
2016: LoL Ahri
2015: FF14 Miqo'te Bard
2014: Twilight Princess Link
2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
2012: Chell (Portal 2)
2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
2009: KH2 Roxas

Owner and master of Fox and Bear Cosplay:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxandBearCosplay
Bwentali
Expert Poster

Post by Bwentali »

Three primary feelings:

1) Tired - after a long con, feet and shoulder aches. feels good to sit down and relax.

2) Happy - got to meet a lot of friends, met a few more, and got plenty of memories from all.

3) The hard-to-describe rush you get when watching hitcounts go up on the pictures you took...I don't expect you to get it.
VanceVanhite

Post by VanceVanhite »

Ugh, pretty depressed actually. I took a 14 hour bus ride up from Virginia on Thursday night to get there, then left the con around ~2 PM on Sunday for the ride back home. I had a lot of fun, met a lot of new friends, got to show off my new cosplay (sadly the bus wouldn't let me take my weapon prop), and just had an overall great time.
If I could rate AB 2012 on a scale from 1-10, it'd be "Pretty Awesome".
ashanyao
Veteran Poster

Post by ashanyao »

honestly? i feel incredibly sad waking up today because i have to go back to "normal" life. even if i was really shy and didn't talk to many people at the con over the three days i went, it was this feeling of like... "if i say LOLZ people don't look at me like i'm strange!" it's just this group feeling that you get from enjoying asian culture and anime/cosplay/lolita. dressing up as azunyan for the past three days was awesome. all the compliments made my stress about my first AB worth it. i'm just really glad i went but sad it's over. now i'm waiting for anime expo in LA in june!
✧・゚:* AB 2024 *:・゚✧
Friday AM ⋆ Sailor Mars
Friday PM ⋆ Princess / Prom Flayn
Saturday ⋆ Timeskip Lysithea (masquerade) - FE3H
Sunday ⋆ Abigail - Stardew Valley

✧・゚:* SOCIALS *:・゚✧
https://www.instagram.com/ashanyao/
https://www.facebook.com/ashanyaocosplay/
https://twitter.com/ashanyao
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

Tired. Very tired. And sad. Definitely suffering from post con depression. It was a great year, though. It was the first anime convention for four of the people in my group, so that was exciting, and now they're even more pumped for Otakon this year. It was a blast and I can't wait for next year. Thanks for being awesome AB!
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
PockyPham
Experienced Poster

Post by PockyPham »

This was my 4th year attending ab, and I personally felt like this wasn't the best year. But post-con depression's kickin in.
:'(
bookishfreak
Experienced Poster

Post by bookishfreak »

I feel sore, and exhausted and a bit sad. But happy too, because I met some great people and had such a wonderful time.
pumptothekin

Post by pumptothekin »

I'm definitely feeling more than a little bit of the post con blues, but I'm also incredibly happy that I was able to attend. I met some really great people this year, got amazing photos, and cosplayed almost the entire time. I think most of the sadness from after the con comes from knowing that the three days of the year when I can dress in cosplay or clothes that would be dubbed "weird" by the people I go to school with are over and after my spring break I'll have to go back to facing a place where wearing my favorite Victorian shirt would probably get me constant ridicule. More than anything, more than the panels, events, or merchandise, AB is about the atmosphere and the people for me, and it's absolutely not something I'm glad to see end.
mop
Veteran Poster

Post by mop »

I'm sore and tired and glad to be home with my cats. But I'm a bit sad that I didn't have more time with people there. I had just met some really amazing people and would have loved to get to know them better, but with the many things we were involved in and the things we wanted to do, it wasn't possible. Gah. There's always talking to them online until next year, I suppose.

In another month or so, I'll be feeling pretty good about the whole thing.
"one by one, we are together, we fall together."

✧·˚. 2019:
Eiki Shiki (Touhou Project)
Katsura Kotarou (Gintama)
White Mage (Final Fantasy)

✧·˚. 2018:
Juvia Lockser (Fairy Tail)
Komachi Onozuka (Touhou Project)
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

Post by gmsenpai »

For the first time ever, not sick, not depressed the con is over, just revitalized and energized with energy. Sorry if I had inadvertently took everyone's energy. j/k

I hurt my ankle some point on Saturday but... I could have done that anywhere... and its not that bad. I'm gonna go walk it off.
Cyspark
Experienced Poster

Post by Cyspark »

;) I feel pretty good but that could also be that its the first time I slept in a bed since Thursday.

Just going through all my goodies and all the prints I got from the Artist Alley and looking at peoples business cards online. Other than looking at the AMV winners from yesterday I just looking forward to Saturday when I can dedicate the entire day to putting my Master Grade Duel Assualt Shroud Gundam together.

But I was able to make myself a list of new shows that I saw snips of that I would be interested in watching through the coming weeks. :?
Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Post by Qu-ko »

My body is rebelling, but I feel a lot more accomplished than I can say I have in previous years. Not due to anything AB did or didn't do, but because of my own experiences. C:
NekoRyuzaki
Experienced Poster

Post by NekoRyuzaki »

Walking like L all weekend and Being hunched over. Im extremely sore but it all worth it People gave me amazing feed back and I couldnt have wished for a better weekend ^^
AB10:L
AB11:L
AB12: Neko L
AB13: Hope or L

http://kaiizukiaob.deviantart.com/
Godhumanmonster
I'm new!

Post by Godhumanmonster »

A little PCD, but I'm fighting that by remembering why I got into this stuff in the first place, doing some life planning and otherwise thinking about what I might do for next year's. Not as tired as was in years past, which means I'm either getting healthier (ha!) or I'm learning to pace myself better on the con floor.
Anime Boston: 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012
AK

Post by AK »

First year at AB (first Con ever actually) and it was a blast! I wish I had been able to come to friday and stay for the informal dance on saturday. I wish it didn't have to end! I was looking around all day expecting to see people with blue hair and giant foam swords. I can't wait to go back and I want to find some more cons to go to in the area.
APimpNamedGendo
Expert Poster

Post by APimpNamedGendo »

Had a great time... I cant say Im getting the post-con depression this year though. Not really. Im just glad it was a great weekend, and I know Im going again next year. Hopefully more of my buds will join me next year.

If anything, I can only hope that more people get up the guts to play with each other next year. (I loved it when the Garran Laggan cosplayer pulled me aside while he was in line and tried to bargain with me to combine his mechs with the Evangelions... I only regret being a bit on the move so I couldn't REALLY sit down and settle plans, cause it could have been one HELL of a conversation to laugh at!)
dstnyskr
Expert Poster

Post by dstnyskr »

I need a long bath.......a very long bath. possibly a nap too.....
Let destiny decide.
~AB veteran 2006-2017(missed '15)~
Risikafox
Veteran Poster

Post by Risikafox »

For the first time(having gone for 7 years now, as well as a few other smaller cons), I feel completely satisfied. And I owe that completely to the fact that I did not tie myself to any thing or group of people. This year, I made a schedule of events that could be fun to go to, as a reference, and the rest was basically whimsy. No rushing, or trying to find your friends. And I had a blast.
Firefly Rhapsody

Post by Firefly Rhapsody »

I feel exhausted and bored. Now that the con is over I feel like there's nothing left to do, like all the excitement was taken out of my life. I really do hate post-con depression : / Plus, when ever I got to an anime convention I feel like I'm at home, and when ever I have to leave the con I feel like I'm leaving behind my family even if I don't know anyone else at the con.
Serj

Post by Serj »

It was a fantastic weekend, I just wish it did not ave to end so soon.
You Can Call Me SERJ

2009:Guy In Suit
2010:Police Officer
2011:Police Officer/Anonymous
2012:Reeve (Turks FF7)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Loved the weekend, but time flies so fast. It's very sad to think we won't be there in another year. We got another month and a half on top of that.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Kirara
Expert Poster

Post by Kirara »

mister-walter wrote:This was the first time I've gone to Anime Boston, so it was jarring this morning when I woke up and nigh cried when I remembered that I couldn't go to Anime Boston today (family obligations). I guess it's mostly the realization that you've got to get back to the rest of the world, with all the people that look at you funny because you enjoy Japanese culture. At AB, I felt a sense of belonging for the first time in my life, and the euphoria that comes with realizing that was amazing. This is something I'll miss for the next 411 days that await AB 2013.

All in all, Anime Boston 2012 was easily one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life, and though I didn't take the initiative to meet new people or cosplay this year, I'm super-pumped for next year!
This is exactly how I feel. I'm so sad that it's over and it was my first time . I meet so many nice people and for once in my life I wasn't afraid or shy. I really wish AB was more than once a year.
AB'12
Inuyasha
AB'13
Nepeta Leijon, Lin Bei Fong, Crona
AB'14
Latula Pyrope, Indigo-Blood Disciple, Nepeta Leijon
AB'15
San and Ryuko Matoi
KatryanaJazmin

Post by KatryanaJazmin »

This was my second time going to Anime Boston :D:D:D:D &again like last year IM DEPRESSED!!!!!!!!! Noooooooo it's overrrrrrrr </3
aquitaineq
I'm new!

Post by aquitaineq »

My question is, because my sister and I decided not to come based on it, how were the convention staff behaving themselves this year? In previous years we found that they (not ab staff) were incredibly rude and obnoxious despite the fact that they WOULDN'T HAVE JOBS if people such as ourselves didn't show up.
hotmustang1
Experienced Poster

Post by hotmustang1 »

This is the second year I've been to Anime Boston, but my end reaction was still the same. Had a blast all three days, but as soon as were back in my driveway, I burst into hysterical laughter and then spontaneously burst into tears seconds after. That repeats it self for a good ten minutes before I calm myself down. Then I sleep the rest of the day, and the next day I'm perfectly fine. :)
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

aquitaineq wrote:My question is, because my sister and I decided not to come based on it, how were the convention staff behaving themselves this year? In previous years we found that they (not ab staff) were incredibly rude and obnoxious despite the fact that they WOULDN'T HAVE JOBS if people such as ourselves didn't show up.
I didn't have any problem with the staff this year or the two years before. Granted, I don't interact with them all that much, but when I have, they've been very polite. I thought they were great this year.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk