Best Memories of AB 2012!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2012.
T3h J0k3r
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Best Memories of AB 2012!

Post by T3h J0k3r »

Hayroon wrote:This was my first time and I had a lot of fun

Seeing Bowser/King Koopa and Yoshi repeatedly riding the escalator

Having a spontaneous Trigun photoshoot with another Vash, five Wolfwoods and a Rem

Getting a free donut from yet another Vash in Artists' Alley

Having a cosplay fight with a Dovahkin

Seeing FMA: Sacred Star of Milos (the most cheering I've ever heard during a movie)

Getting compliments on my costume

Hugs from strangers

Escalator high fives

The Fox Box playing He-man's version of "What's going on"

The Joker saying "Your costume is giving me a boner. I want you to think about that when you get home."

AH HA! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself my good man! Love and Peace and all that fancy dribble!
AnonEMouse
I'm new!

Post by AnonEMouse »

Being told I was one of the best Solid Snakes at AB

I got tired of hearing "What time is it" being shouted, So I shouted louder than everyone else, "GO TIME!!!!!"
and charged the one shouting it.

Finding a Static Shock cosplayer. Oh god that was marvelous.

Continued barrage of Big Boss cosplayers.

Walking around with my best friend as Hei from DtB. (both of us were total badasses)

I went up to just about every female at the 21+ Jazz Lounge, and asked them to dance.

frack YEAH MACHOKE!!!!! THAT GUY WAS THE MAN!!!!!
nandeyan3n

Post by nandeyan3n »

I cosplayed a relatively unknown character from the original Gundam series (which aired in the late 1970s), so only a few people knew who I was, but when they did it was great cause I knew they were hardcore fans. ^w^ One guy who took my picture made the silliest nerdgasm sounds while talking to me and was kind of twitchy...it was hilarious and pretty cute. xD

My Cosplay.com Profile

AB 2010:
Bubblehead Nurse (Silent Hill)
Vivi (FFIX, Female version)
Shiki (TWEWY)

AB 2012
Matilda Ajan (Mobile Suit Gundam)
R. Dorothy Wayneright (The Big O)
Laughing Man (Ghost in the Shell)
AK

Post by AK »

AnonEMouse wrote:Being told I was one of the best Solid Snakes at AB

I got tired of hearing "What time is it" being shouted, So I shouted louder than everyone else, "GO TIME!!!!!"
and charged the one shouting it.

Finding a Static Shock cosplayer. Oh god that was marvelous.

Continued barrage of Big Boss cosplayers.

Walking around with my best friend as Hei from DtB. (both of us were total badasses)

I went up to just about every female at the 21+ Jazz Lounge, and asked them to dance.

frak YEAH MACHOKE!!!!! THAT GUY WAS THE MAN!!!!!
Which Snake were you? The MGS2 Snake in the grey body suit with the Socom-ish nerf gun? You definitely had a great cosplay!
Laser Boy
Expert Poster

Post by Laser Boy »

T3h J0k3r wrote:

Having a spontaneous Trigun photoshoot with another Vash, five Wolfwoods and a Rem

Seeing FMA: Sacred Star of Milos (the most cheering I've ever heard during a movie)

Hugs from strangers

Escalator high fives

The Joker saying "Your costume is giving me a boner. I want you to think about that when you get home."

AH HA! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself my good man! Love and Peace and all that fancy dribble!
Wait. Was that you as the joker :o (I assume based by your username)?
Treesnake
I'm new!

Post by Treesnake »

Serenading everybody with my sax. (I was the Epic Sax Guy)
Pictures are always good!
Getting yelled at to "Play that George Michael song!"
Great time! :D
birdboy2000
Experienced Poster

Post by birdboy2000 »

The digimon panel. Both the actual panel, which was really well-done, and seeing so many other digimon fans, many cosplayed as digimon characters, gathered there.
Princess Becky
Experienced Poster

Post by Princess Becky »

Cosplay Family Feud

Sixh Fashion show

Vocaloid Photo shoot

Having people know I was Conchita (I didnt think it was that indie....)

Chittering and chattering with a ton of artists

Azumanga Daioh screening

Walking around with my buddy Minecraft Steve, and therefore being in the background of like 250 pictures
Amuro Gabe

Post by Amuro Gabe »

Bluebeard45 wrote:I've been attending for 5 years, and have been going to the Charity auction for the past 4 years and this was the year I finally won the Anime Boston Lifetime Membership! Next year I'll be poppin' bottles in the VIP!
Would you mind sharing how much that went for? I've been curious for a few years now since I haven't attended the charity auction since the 1st few years of the convention.
TerumiEya

Post by TerumiEya »

God so many, this was a great year!

Hmm...
Scaring all the girls and chasing them around the dealers room (I was Jigsaw)

Seeing some kid dragging his friend down the hall by his foot so I ran up and took the kids foot and ran away with him. I thought this kid was going to pee himself laughing. (If you guys see this message me. It was a great time)

Going on a half hour hunt for Rick Grimes in my mask holding up a sign saying "Have You Seen Rick Grimes?" to all the people sitting in the hallway, finding him later immediately after we gave up.

Seeing Oogey Boogey again and having him recognize me as the Halloweentown Kairi that he hugged last year ^_^

Hanging out with my friend Joey who was Link and having him battle any Link we passed.

Doing the Pokemon theme in the kareoke room with my friend Justin who replaced Chelsea and everyone sang with us!

so many more that I can't think of. If I list you let me know. I'd love to meet you guys!
DarkSiren1031
I'm new!

Post by DarkSiren1031 »

Compliments (including respectful glomps) and photos for my Matsumoto Rangiku Friday night; hand-sewed myself tight into that outfit at the "girls'' great peril. O.O Also, chatting with a very cool Texan family in the bar of 'P.F Chang's' about cosplay, anime, costume design and construction, and A-Kon.

Sub-Zero love photos: Found a way-cool Sub-Zero to pose with me and a red satin puffy heart in the Dealer's Room. Wish I'd bought him a beer; those pics would have been mint.

The dealer that wanted the photo of me and one of my girls as Wa-lolita Sub-Zero and Reptile. Said "Not yet," and returned a minute later with Loli's : Scorpion, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Ermac, and Rain for a total of 7. The guy was so over the moon! His expression: priceless.

Having an amazing crew carry out the Mortal Kombat Lolitas to a T.

Being interviewed by AnimeCons regarding cosplay and giving an intelligent and easy to understand breakdown of why cosplayers do what we do.

Meatwad.
AB 2011: Original concept: Post-Apocalyptic Al Liddell (Alice in Wonderland)
AB 2012: Friday: Matsumoto Rangiku (Bleach)
AB 2012: Saturday: Sub-Zero (Wa-lolita)
pokeralice

Post by pokeralice »

This year's convention was amazing. I decided to do a gajinka cosplay of plusle and minun with my best friend. I'm happy to say that the costumes came out great and we got asked for pictures more than I thought we were going to.

Here are a few things that made the con even more awesome:
The guy who cosplayed as Rick from walking dead. I loved your cosplay so much and of course to yell Carlllll everytime I saw you. My friend was so happy to see you make a sign.

Flynn rider...do i need to say more? This guy was such a ham and so nice to talk to. I hope to see you around AB again Flynn!

Sexy Professor Layton and adorable Luke.. you guys were so cute and I loved getting a picture with you.

Wilfred!

The bad anime bad panel and the Chibi Project were so much fun this year. I do have to say I was disappointed with the 21+ lounge and anime unscripted. It was so depressing to see such a huge line for the lounge and $10 beer. I was hoping to meet a few people around my age :/
Last edited by pokeralice on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AB 2012 cosplays
Haruko (FLCL with real guitar)
Plusle with Minun Gajinka (Pokemon)

AB 2013 cosplays:
Rigby -regular show
Witch -madoka magica
Kickass babe -????
pokeralice

Post by pokeralice »

AshHollaaaaaa wrote:i thought my first ab was unbeatable but i did a machoke cosplay this year and it was over the top. i got great reactions, i was talking to soo m,any people and i was just having a great time. i was the blue guy running around with the tights on and the belt, and people were looking at me so i waved and that usually made them smile and laugh. i was just g;lad so many people liked it. i went to the formal and jazz event, the formal in normal clothes and i dance with a few girls who were really coo. i did the jazz thing as machoke and danced with my friend, and got a round of applause. after, 4 people kept telling me how much they enjoyed how i danced and they kept asking me questions aboutmy cosplay. i just like making people smile.

AshHollaaaaaa: MACHOKE!!! How could anyone forget you?! Me and my friend loved how dedicated you were to cosplay as Machoke every day of the con. We hope to see you there again next year :)
AB 2012 cosplays
Haruko (FLCL with real guitar)
Plusle with Minun Gajinka (Pokemon)

AB 2013 cosplays:
Rigby -regular show
Witch -madoka magica
Kickass babe -????
Squirralfire
Expert Poster

Post by Squirralfire »

Had a great time this year. One part that stood out was the Tokyo Turf Wars event. That was pretty fun.
AB 2017 Cosplays:
Kaban (Bag-chan) ~ Kemono Friends
Nora Valkyrie ~ RWBY (Volume 4)
Megumin ~ Konosuba
Kobayashi ~ Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
T3h J0k3r

Post by T3h J0k3r »

Hayroon wrote:
T3h J0k3r wrote:

Hugs from strangers

Escalator high fives

Wait. Was that you as the joker :o (I assume based by your username)?
Indeed it was!
Earthwalker1885
I'm new!

Post by Earthwalker1885 »

My Best Memories of AB 2012
-Not having to wait in line for 2 hours like I did for AB 2011 since I pre-register
-Meeting new people
-Learning how to play Ninja
-Seeing a lot of creativity in people cosplay costumes.
Worst Memories
-Seeing so many things I wanted in the dealer room but not having enough money for it lol
Can't wait for next year
AshHollaaaaaa

Post by AshHollaaaaaa »

pokeralice wrote:AshHollaaaaaa: MACHOKE!!! How could anyone forget you?! Me and my friend loved how dedicated you were to cosplay as Machoke every day of the con. We hope to see you there again next year :)
AnonEMouse wrote:Being told I was one of the best Solid Snakes at AB

frak YEAH MACHOKE!!!!! THAT GUY WAS THE MAN!!!!!
lol im glad you guys liked my costume and that cosplay required some dedication hahaha but it was so worrrth it to make eeveryone laugh and smile
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

Reyda_Metzger wrote:All weekend, people kept stopping me and asking for me to eat their heads. I played Charlotte from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, in "Cancer"/OMNOMNOM form.
You were great!! Kept seeing many people get 'eaten' by you all weekend. Personal fav was Mami and Mami-genderswap at same time on Saturday
On Sunday I asked you to eat a Homura-kun too, and your "gladly" was far more hilarious than that word could ever be in other circumstances

Onwards to my own Best Moments:
- high-fives on escalators, just because

- The Master in the food court. He was tapping out the drums beat with his screwdriver on an unconscious level while we're talking. Just completely awesome!

- bloody Sherlock with the harpoon! Just hadda go up and ask if any cabs would take him or if he took the subway

- seeing a group of kigurumi people (a cow and Tigger and couple others) walking with luggage thru Copley Sq early Friday morning. My dad was with me and he got a total kick out of them

- All the bazillion compliments on my Pip-Boy followed by "OMG what!?" when I'd turn on the screen too. Just... ooh man... you guys don't understand, I've never made a prop like this before and was terrified half the time it was gonna break apart off my arm... All the love did wonders for me ~♥ (plus getting to say "Why would I leave my Vault without a working one?" was funny)

- that Vorlon guy from Babylon5! alien thing with glowing eye!! ... completely blanked on the show title when saw him (may have blurted out Battlestar by accident), was just so damn excited!

- "fingers? I have fingers!" ... when it turned out none of the Marvel cosplayers could use the fancy iPhones as cameras (gloves & touch-screens don't get along)

- Fairies!!! As fish in a fishbow... all my likes. All of them

- hearing "I've got a special picarat for you then" from the shirtless Prof Layton (I'm clearly playing those games wrong.. clearly)

- Half-Life 2 and Fallout cosplays. Hellz yeah? HELLZ YEAH!! (Honorable mentions to Portal & TeamFortress 2 people too. Especially the very well-designed TF2 girls, and the frelling fantastic GLaDOS with Cave Johnson)

- "cosplayer world problems: have badass prop.. but want it to glow too, dammit"

- Lolita panel - the Saturday Fashion for Frilly Masses one
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
bookishfreak
Experienced Poster

Post by bookishfreak »

Another couple of really good memories! Chris Ayres reciting Shakespeare for me at his Saturday morning guest panel! It was magical!!

Also, the piracy panel on Friday night! Turkish Star Wars anyone?!? :D :D :D
Kristi
Experienced Poster

Post by Kristi »

Cosplaying Navi and being the butt of all the "Hey Listen" jokes. Granted yes, some of them were REALLY old, but some people were really funny. Oh, and having my picture taken. It was taken SO much, and I got a kick out of it, haha.
Etherial_Silky

Post by Etherial_Silky »

On Friday I was wearing Pirate lolita and someone thought I was cosplaying from Black Butler. The best part was they thought I was Ciel even though my eye patch was on the wrong side and he only wears one infamous pink ball gown.

The same day someone took my picture and told me I was cute and about five minutes later I was told I looked BA. Although the BA was more of a being BA and it came from a friend who I swear thought I had no clue who he was cuz I spaced.

But my favorite is that someone asked me who I was cosplaying as (which happened a LOT) and when I said that I was just wearing lolita. They responded that they had never seen a lolita outfit like mine even though it was gothic lolita which is what started lolita's popularity as a fashion.
Jekka
AB Alumni

Post by Jekka »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:Hyakunin Kuizu - I was the male Cardcaptor Sakura in this gameshow. I went up and when I said my first "uhh".... the host (Jekka I believe) was like "oh, wait, you're a guy?"..... then she dubbed my "Secret Surprise Sakura" which my friends later started using for me, haha!.... in the end, my team won though. :)
Reaction not faked. Did not notice chest hair until that exact moment.
IT'S A TRAP.

Jekka Cormier
Game Shows
Chibi Project
Anime Unscripted
Bluebeard45
Expert Poster

Post by Bluebeard45 »

Amuro Gabe wrote:
Bluebeard45 wrote:I've been attending for 5 years, and have been going to the Charity auction for the past 4 years and this was the year I finally won the Anime Boston Lifetime Membership! Next year I'll be poppin' bottles in the VIP!
Would you mind sharing how much that went for? I've been curious for a few years now since I haven't attended the charity auction since the 1st few years of the convention.

Sold for $650, which I think is the same or at least very close to what it went for last year as well.
CrocScraah!
I'm new!

Post by CrocScraah! »

During on of the brony meetups, (Sat. I believe) we decided to relocate inside to watch the new episode. Following our leader, who held a Discord plushie above his head, we marched through the halls acquiring pony cosplayers as we went. I didn't end up sticking around for the ep. (20 people and 1 laptop) but it was a totally hilarious experience.

Also, I got to meet a lot of interesting musicians hanging around at the piano in the Sheraton lobby. I even played Korobeiniki with 'That Guy.' We both played the melody and he sang in Russian :D
AshSkye
Experienced Poster

Post by AshSkye »

I loved seeing Afro Bulma XD
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Jekka wrote:
Yukito Kunisaki wrote:Hyakunin Kuizu - I was the male Cardcaptor Sakura in this gameshow. I went up and when I said my first "uhh".... the host (Jekka I believe) was like "oh, wait, you're a guy?"..... then she dubbed my "Secret Surprise Sakura" which my friends later started using for me, haha!.... in the end, my team won though. :)
Reaction not faked. Did not notice chest hair until that exact moment.
IT'S A TRAP.
Haha. Wasn't sure to be honest if you were or not, but really, my friends got a serious kick out of it. Thanks for the memory. :P Didn't think anyone would be looking down my shirt. I thought it was up high enough..... then again, I don't think I zipped it fully in the back, which is probably why you could see that, come to think of it, lol.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
SwedishWolf
Expert Poster

Post by SwedishWolf »

1: Having people coming up to me and saying the have been waiting for someone to cosplay Iori Yagami and that my cosplay was spot on.

2: Meeting all of the people at the Con.

3: Getting all the nice compliments and photos taken of my Archer Cosplay. And being in the Chess match as Archer and getting to do our version of Unlimited Blade Works against Gilgamesh. :)

Overall I had a really great first Anime Boston experience. Will do my best to be back again soon. :D
Cosplays 2012:
Iori Yagami-King of fighters (Participated in the Death match)
Archer-Fate Stay Night (Seen in Chess match)
Roy Mustang-FMA

Cosplays 2016:
Archer-Fate Stay Night 100%
Domon Kasshu- Mobile Fighter G Gundam 100% (Will actually be worn at a con for the first time.)
Iori Yagami - King Of Fighters (Just cause I will not be able to get any new cosplay done in time.)
Song of a Phoenix
Expert Poster

Post by Song of a Phoenix »

-Getting my pre-registration on Thursday for the first time ever.
-Getting stopped for pictures on Thursday with my group, and realizing it was going to be a picture-filled weekend.
-Having a few girls fangirl over my Tabatha cosplay and telling me I looked adorable. >//w//<
-The 18+ Dating Game. I discovered I have reverse trap potential when I was informed that the majority of the audience thought I was a dude (fairly important since I crossplay more often than I cosplay girls). I've also never been on stage before, so that was interesting (sorry for making it difficult to hear me though, which is probably why people confused my gender).
-Watching my friend as Alexei get defeated by a marriage proposal on stage at the Chess Match.

2016:
Florina (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Jinx (LoL), Nora Valkyrie

2015:
Guy Cecil, Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones), Alice Elliot

2014:
Leila (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Guy Cecil, "Marth" (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

2013:
Flynn Scifo, Trish (Devil May Cry), Garry (Ib)

2012:
Shion (No. 6), Guy Cecil, Tabatha, Tsuzuki Asato

2011:
Guy Cecil, Tabatha (Tales of Symphonia), Tsuzuki Asato
VideoGameStupid
Experienced Poster

Post by VideoGameStupid »

SwedishWolf wrote:1: Having people coming up to me and saying the have been waiting for someone to cosplay Iori Yagami and that my cosplay was spot on.

3: Getting all the nice compliments and photos taken of my Archer Cosplay. And being in the Chess match as Archer and getting to do our version of Unlimited Blade Works against Gilgamesh. :)

Overall I had a really great first Anime Boston experience. Will do my best to be back again soon. :D

You were Iori Yagami during Cosplay Deathmatch and Archer during Cosplay Chess?! OMG I remember seeing you after Deathmatch and telling you how much i fanboyed when Iori came on stage! I'm cosplaying as K' next year just because of you. Not enough love for KOF anymore. Also sorry if i was attacking you a little too roughly during your death in Cosplay Chess...
SwedishWolf
Expert Poster

Post by SwedishWolf »

VideoGameStupid wrote:
SwedishWolf wrote:1: Having people coming up to me and saying the have been waiting for someone to cosplay Iori Yagami and that my cosplay was spot on.

You were Iori Yagami during Cosplay Deathmatch and Archer during Cosplay Chess?! OMG I remember seeing you after Deathmatch and telling you how much i fanboyed when Iori came on stage! I'm cosplaying as K' next year just because of you. Not enough love for KOF anymore. Also sorry if i was attacking you a little too roughly during your death in Cosplay Chess...
It's a good thing I can inspire more people to show more KOF love :) Did you cosplay when you came up to me after the Deathmatch? My match was a close loss for me I think. And I did not think that any one was attacking my roughly at all during my chess death. Fun part of that is we used horde attacks to take out both Fate Stay Characters. :)
Cosplays 2012:
Iori Yagami-King of fighters (Participated in the Death match)
Archer-Fate Stay Night (Seen in Chess match)
Roy Mustang-FMA

Cosplays 2016:
Archer-Fate Stay Night 100%
Domon Kasshu- Mobile Fighter G Gundam 100% (Will actually be worn at a con for the first time.)
Iori Yagami - King Of Fighters (Just cause I will not be able to get any new cosplay done in time.)
FarFromRedemption
Dedicated Poster

Post by FarFromRedemption »

1. Being in all the awesome events! DeathMatch, 18+ Dating Game, Chess Match.

2. Having my panel go over rather well even after losing all my material.

3. Being in the Masquerade and having my group take home the Emcee's Award! Love ya Roadie!

4. Getting to kill General Cross in the chess match by using the cuteness of my little Elicia photo wallet. Kitty Aizen I will get you for making me betray my own team!!

As always I look forward to next year!
Potential Cosplays for 2022
Ban (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Archon Rex Lapis/Zhongli (Genshin Impact)
Nikaido (DoroheDoro) *maybe*
VideoGameStupid
Experienced Poster

Post by VideoGameStupid »

SwedishWolf wrote:
VideoGameStupid wrote:

It's a good thing I can inspire more people to show more KOF love :) Did you cosplay when you came up to me after the Deathmatch? My match was a close loss for me I think. And I did not think that any one was attacking my roughly at all during my chess death. Fun part of that is we used horde attacks to take out both Fate Stay Characters. :)

Yeah i was wearing on my Thriller outfit when i met up with you on after Cosplay Deathmatch. Sadly all the Friday footage is lost because i had two SD-Cards (one for Pax and one for AB) and i stupidly left the AB card in my camera bag and while i was posing with Mr. T at Pax i put the bag down but ended up forgetting about it for a whole 10 seconds. I ran back to the camera bag and it was still there but the SD-cards were gone.. Yeah i definitely enjoyed AB much more than Pax this year.. It was pretty ironic that horde attacks were used on Fate Stay characters.
BlitztheComicGuy

Post by BlitztheComicGuy »

First ever Anime Boston after years of wanting to go! Best memories....

-All the MSTies who liked my Dr. Forrester cosplay. I NEVER have more fun cosplaying than when it's that costume, 'cos you guys are always awesome!

-Co-hosting the Digimon Fan Panel
birdboy2000 wrote:The digimon panel. Both the actual panel, which was really well-done, and seeing so many other digimon fans, many cosplayed as digimon characters, gathered there.
YOU GUYS MADE THAT SO MUCH FUN. Thank you for coming!

-Seeing a David Bowie cosplayer. Well done, good sir.

-Sitting next to someone who had never seen Bad Anime, Bad before. Oh, watching that suffering shouldn't be as much fun as it is.

-"The Devilman Story" at Con Horror Stories. It's been told many, many times before, but this time was probably the best I've ever seen.

And my single favorite Anime Boston memory:

-Explaining the convention to a little old lady. I was in the back corner of the food court Friday evening, and this old lady sits down at the table in front of me. After a few minutes, she turns around and asks me what's going on. So, for the next twenty minutes or so, I'm giving her a walk-through of the basics of what an anime convention is. What do we do, what are we dressed up as, WHY are we dressed up, where do we get anime, all sorts of stuff. She was incredibly nice and seemed genuinely curious about what this whole thing was about. It was a really nice experience!
Conventional Wisdom, What happens at the con DOESN'T stay at the con
Far Out There, the webcomci where things happen... IN SPACE!
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

Some more things I really enjoyed:
-Doctor Who photoshoot on Friday. Amazing turnout, great poses, wonderful cosplayers!
-Ask A Nation Panel. My first time going. I will definitely be coming back for more.
-Grampa Rome's singing at Ask A Nation. Beautiful.
-Cosplay Court Case, especially watching my brother (Balthier) up there
-Interacting with all the Hetalia cosplayers. This was my first time cosplaying from this series, and all of the cosplayers made it a great experience. I have very intention of adding more cosplays from this series to my list.
-The Artist's Alley. Anything I bought was from here. The prices were reasonable, and the work was beautiful. Great job, guys!
-The Sailor Moon panel. Even though my friends didn't last long there, I enjoyed every minute of it, especially seeing the trailers for the fan-made movies. I gotta check them out now.
-Dancing to Your Love Is My Drug with my friend as Chell in the hallway with some cool people playing music on their laptop.
-Watching my brother and friend compete with regards to how many people took their pictures.
-The Cheesecake Factory on Sunday
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Ex-Shark-Virtue-005

Post by Ex-Shark-Virtue-005 »

BlitztheComicGuy wrote:
-Sitting next to someone who had never seen Bad Anime, Bad before. Oh, watching that suffering shouldn't be as much fun as it is.
My friend and I dragged a few of our friends to Bad Anime, Bad! Who had never seen it before. I completely agree with you about enjoying the suffering. The facial expressions they were making were priceless, especially when they saw the Frankenstein scene. I wish I had gotten pictures of that.

And the Digimon Fan Panel was amazing too (I was the blond-haired girl with the scythe in the front row.) It was extremely informative and made me see Digimon in a totally different light. So thank you for that! :mrgreen:
Tieria Erde (first season) '09 and '10
Tieria Erde (second season) '11
Maka Albarn '12
BlitztheComicGuy

Post by BlitztheComicGuy »

Ex-Shark-Virtue-005 wrote: And the Digimon Fan Panel was amazing too (I was the blond-haired girl with the scythe in the front row.) It was extremely informative and made me see Digimon in a totally different light. So thank you for that! :mrgreen:
No really, thank YOU. It was a real pleasure being allowd to geek out in front of such a great audience! :D
Conventional Wisdom, What happens at the con DOESN'T stay at the con
Far Out There, the webcomci where things happen... IN SPACE!
hop-is-my-hero
Veteran Poster

Post by hop-is-my-hero »

The realization of why people were asking me if my spoon was too big. I had forgotten about that animation. http://youtu.be/5s--hg43ybY Up until then it was confusing. I was like why is everyone asking the same question? (I was Kero Beros with a correctly proportioned spoon for the size of my character)

Actually most people were like where in the heck did you get a spoon that big.

Standing on my chair in the AA to take pictures of cosplayers. Making friends with my AA neighbors. The Ping cosplayer who was very "Manly" and the Professor Layton cosplayer who was shirtless but especially the Luke who I asked to touch his muscles and licked him instead in my picture hahahahahhahahaaa.

I really enjoyed the bottle of Rainbow Dash as well that was a gift from a friend. Thank you!

I could have lived without seeing the tail end of the Evangelion WTF! panel (live action hentai... not attractive)

Oh and Natsume Yuujinchou Cosplay (I saw a few) I friggen love you guys! I talked to a Takashi working in the Dealers room for about 20 minutes about it. Love love love that show.
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way bricks don't" ~ Douglas Adams
Paigeling

Post by Paigeling »

Meeting one of my best friends from online in person for the first time. <3 Just being able to hang out with her in "real life" for a few hours was the coolest thing.

The Touhou photoshoots, and the panel and its special guest~

Getting complimented on my cosplay and people stopping me for pictures. xD which never happened to me before. And the lady who seriously thought I was just the cutest thing and asked for a hug even though she didn't know who I was cosplaying.

My friend and I telling each other ridiculous stories to keep her calm while she was getting her blood drawn for the blood drive

Going into a random panel and discovering Tokyo Turf Wars and Pimp!Charizard

Everyone singing the Pokemon theme at Karaoke. That was just magical.
Better known as Paige.. or Paigeling (´・ω・`)

Fri/Sat: Magma Admin Courtney (Pokemon ORAS)
Fri/Sat: Yuugi Hoshiguma (Touhou Project)
Sun: ?

Chen Yakumo (Touhou Project) & The Notepad (DHMIS)

Parsee Mizuhashi (Touhou Project)

Marisa Kirisame (Touhou Project)
Kilgamayan
Veteran Poster

Post by Kilgamayan »

The escalator high-fives. Those are probably the greatest "silly fun with strangers" addition to an East Coast convention in years and I wish whatever individuals started getting it going could get medals for it.

Also, my group of friends hit up Eagle's Deli Saturday night, and one of them actually downed the entire Challenge Burger. Couldn't do anything with the fries after that, though.

Double also all the Touhou people. You're all fantastic. <3
The Fabulous True Adminstrator of the New England Touhou Community

Touhou Project Lead Panelist: AnimeBoston '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17; AnimeUSA '10; Otakon '11, '14; Nan Desu Kan '14
Touhou Project Panelist: Otakon '10, '12, '14, '15, '16, '17; Genericon '11, Katsucon '11, '13, '14, '15, '16
Touhou Project Fangames Lead Panelist: Otakuthon '14
RosenKreuzStilette Lead Panelist: TouhouCon '15, AnimeBoston '16
meijinsan

Post by meijinsan »

During the Masquerade, when Roadie (Warrior) made a 'Reject Films' reference, I yelled. "I LIVE IN A GIANT BUCKET!" And he doubled over laughing, on stage. Which then sparked a whole series of jokes. That, and dancing before the dating game, pure awesome when Ash took off his jacket.
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Post by Darkvyse88 »

I had a ton of great memories from this year. The top ones are:

-Hosting the Metal Gear Solid Photoshoots again as Otacon with some great people.
-The Metal Gear Solid skit my buddy and I were in as Big Boss and Otacon which won us the Masquerade Coordinator's Award!
-Being in the 18+ Dating Game as Spirit Albarn
-Being on Team SITCAS as Squall
-Human Sushi Cosplay putting on a fantastic skit as always
-Cheesecake Factory on Sunday with my friends
-Meeting Karen Strassman, Chris Smith, Kirk Thorton, and Keith Silverstein as well as two of the producer's of Monsoono

But, most of all, the best experiences for me come from meeting new friends and having good times with the old friends. I cannot wait to see what next year will bring for me!
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

Just the overall amount of fun I had at the convention make it a good memory in itself. I also loved having my picture taken of my new cosplay this year. :D
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
azyryan
Expert Poster

Post by azyryan »

I'm sure there are more, but here are a few I can think of

1) Inside jokes me and my friends made throughout the weekend
2) Bad Anime Bad--Funniest thing ever
3) Having people stop me and ask for pictures
4) A few people complimented my Dead Master horns (which I thought sucked, guess I was wrong)
5) meeting a follower from Tumblr, that was awesome!
AB10: Myself :P
AB11: Misa Amane & NANA Osaki
AB12: Misa Amane & Dead Master
AB13: Stocking & young Genkai
AB14: Stocking, Young Genkai, Christie Leroux
AB15: Botan, Chrisite Leroux, Vanellope Von Schweetz
AB16: Koto, Umi Sonoda, Asuka Tanaka, Liv Moore
AB17: Naho, Yukina, Stocking (PJs), Hanamaru
AB18 Plans:
Friday: Vanellope von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph)
Saturday: Stocking Sailor vers. (Panty and Stocking)
Sunday: ??
Calamity_Symphony
I'm new!

Post by Calamity_Symphony »

1. Kirk Thornton! The man, the myth, the legend!

2. Getting stopped for pics (I was Eruka Frog on Friday)

3. Finding people cosplaying obscure characters and recognizing them.

4. Keith Silverstein on Sunday. He was so nice, he posed for photos w/me. Second pic he went into Johan Liebert mode and scared the crap outta me! :D

5. Chris Smith, he took pics w/me too.

6. Celebrating my 26th bday @ Cheesecake Factory

7. Seeing old Friends and making new ones
vampirechicken

Post by vampirechicken »

-stuffing one of my friends into a Hawkmon suit and getting mobbed as usual
-pretending to stab people as Bec Noir and hanging around all the wonderful Homestuck cosplayers in general, they were all so nice! ^^
-getting to see that amazing 'prelude to dreams' amv on the big screen again ;u;
-and lots of other things that I'm forgetting!
AB 2008: L (Death Note)
AB 2010: Biyomon (Digimon)
AB 2011: Kagura (Inuyasha), Biyomon
AB 2012: Bec Noir (Homestuck), Kagura, Biyomon with Hawkmon friend
Nashida
Expert Poster

Post by Nashida »

For me, definitely Saturday's Pokemon photoshoot. That was a blast. I had never been in a photoshoot before, and going in it as N (who I had a blast cosplaying as) was tons of fun.

Other highlights for me:
-Sexy Layton and Luke - I knew them both from deviantART, so when I said my artist name she squealed and glomped me, so did Layton. Then we kept bumping into each other throughout the weekend, and each time she kept drooling over the Void Cube I made
-"The world went boom and I survived, the world went boom and I survived, the world went boom and I survived, I am the Roadie WARRIOR!"
-Seeing the two Cyborg 009 cosplayers seriously made my entire weekend
-Getting shouts of either "Pokemon liberation!" or "Give us free!"
- Having an Undertaker walk up to my friend and ask to play with his scythe. She was completely in character and had the perfect giggle too, and it was funny watching her try to hold the thing (it had to be 20-30 lbs).
- "Hey look! A sign!/One more thing" in the Artist's Alley
-So. Many. Grells. I was happy.
-Groose from the Skyward Sword group.
Axel (KHII): AB07,AB08 (Cosplay Chess-Team Evil)
Reno(FF:AC): AB10
Riley (Pokemon): AB11
N Harmonia (Pokemon): AB12
deviantART Cosplay.comFacebookMy website
Kico_kun
Experienced Poster

Post by Kico_kun »

Aww I didnt get photos of you at all. And your cosplays were pretty awesome. Reminds me that I still need to buy KoF 13 and to finish Fate/Extra =)

Oh I don't know how I forgot to mention this but the Kanako Itou concert was awesome. My favorite part of AB this year
jessikwa
Experienced Poster

Post by jessikwa »

AshSkye wrote:I loved seeing Afro Bulma XD
Attending AB since '09
Nakims

Post by Nakims »

This was the fist time both my Fiance and I attended AB and it was awesome =) My Fiance was the Ezio that was going around with a Lolita (me) =P

Here are some of the highlights:

1. A LOT of people kept on stopping us to take pictures of my Fiance.

2. I also had a good amount of people ask me for a picture even though I wasn't even cosplaying (made my day since I wasn't expecting anyone to ask) =)

3. Someone came up to my Fiance with a sign saying that they needed to hire an assassin. It was awesome.

4. Someone actually asked for an autograph from my Fiance. Made our day! xD

5. At the mall, a couple of moms asked me to take a picture of me with their little girls. It was cute ^^

6. I took a couple of pictures with other lolitas I found around =)

7. The Assassin's creed photoshoot = Total win.

8. I got a picture of a Ciel in wonderland in one knee looking as if proposing. That Ciel originally thought I was cosplaying Elizabeth but after I said I wasn't we took the picture anyways. I love it though, I wasn't expecting the cosplayer to get on one knee ^^

Also, on Saturday we left the convention to go eat at Rino's place, a restaurant that was featured in the food network. This is located far away from the convention. While walking around, because the waiting list was long, a little girl passing by says: "look mom! a barbie!" and the mom saying that I did look like a doll. It was adorable ^^

After we went back to the restaurant the waiting list was still the same so we decided to leave. When we were waiting outside the restaurant for a taxi I noticed that people from the bar across the street (that had a big window) were staring. It wasn't my first rodeo wearing Lolita around and about so I didn't think too much about, It's a normal reaction from people. Those people kept on trying to get a better look but I still ignored them. Then out of nowhere a lady that got out of the bar came over to see me and then told me that a bunch of people in that bar actually thought I was LADY GAGA!!! . It was hilarious xD
charmed7293
I'm new!

Post by charmed7293 »

I have so many great memories! Just a few:

-I met so many wonderful people at the Pokemon DS panel. It was great battling and talking with everyone! I met two really amazing people there that I still talk to and am planning on cosplaying with at next year's AB.

-At the showing of One Piece, the boy sitting in front of me and my friend offered us some of his food, saying, "I think food should be shared." I thought that was the sweetest thing ever!

-People asked me for pictures quite a bit when I was dressed up as Crystal from Pokémon, and I was extremely flattered and overjoyed! On that same day, I walked out of a panel and a Pokémon photo shoot was taking place right outside the door. I jumped in and even found a Gold cosplayer!

-My friend had a small photo shoot for the manga/anime that character she was dressed up as was from. I just took photos, but it was cool talking to the others in the photo shoot and coming up with poses.

-Just being in the con was awesome. I loved walking around with everyone all dressed up!

This was my first convention and I had so much fun! Thank you so much to everyone who attended who made it that way!