Best Memories of AB 2012!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2012.
Aviflora
Determined Poster

Best Memories of AB 2012!

Post by Aviflora »

Hey everyone!

I certainly had the best Anime Boston experience yet! I was hoping we could all share some of our amazing stories. C:
Personally, my favorite memory would probably be these two happenstances:

1. Friday night, a very beautiful (and very tall!) Sailor Moon asked me for a photo. When I complimented her on her cosplay, she freaked out in the best way possible, saying that a compliment from someone with my costume is an honor to her! She was so sweet, and it was a HELL of an ego booster! :D

2. My photoshoot with Tidus in the courtyard! It was freezing, but we had such a fun time posing and being goofy. And having my lovely Assassin taking photos was just so fantastic!

So many other wonderful memories, but those two are probably my absolute favorite! So, everyone, let's hear 'em!
AB '07 - Myself <3
AB '08 - Orihime Inoue [Bleach]
AB '09 - Miwako Sakurada [Paradise KISS]
AB '10 - Did not attend :C
AB '11 - Myself
AB '12 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '13 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]
AB '14 - Summoner Yuna [FFX]

AB '15 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '16 - Ruby Rose [RWBY]
AB '17 - Season 4 Ruby Rose [RWBY],
Yennefer [Witcher 3]
SavannahFaith
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Best Memories of AB 2012!

Post by SavannahFaith »

My favorite time at AB 2012 was walking around with my 4 other friends late at night. We decided to ask people to arrange us in order of how old they thought we looked. Nobody got it right. It was a lot of fun. :D
Caesar
Expert Poster

Post by Caesar »

acquiring some degree of notoriety by randomly spouting hilarious thoughts that occurred to me during hentai dubbing. I think the strangelove reference was my best of.

getting hailed everytime I walked through the main hall.

Getting to dance with some awesome ladies at the ball

getting to try absinthe and a Thai sangria for the first time

getting to try Japanese style curry for the first time

getting to have sake for the first time in several years.

yes more than half of my best memories describe acquiring food and alcohol. I did cosplay as a roman emperor after all...
"Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of kings." Horace
guiiii
AB Staff

Post by guiiii »

Last year I put up a thread asking people to stop with the Marco Polo joke.
This year someone yelled Marco at a crowded hallway and there was no response from other attendees. That was my best memory! So much win!
Always tell the truth, even if you have to lie
Guilherme Z. Machado
AB Security Assistant Manager
06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-X-X-23
Halloween Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Halloween Kitsune »

Not being able to move more than five steps before me and my boyfriend were hounded for pictures. Every year we try for cosplays that get people's attention. This year...Gordon Freeman and Chell were the way to go! :D Though at the same time, having it take about 10 min to get into the dealer's room, when the door is about fifteen feet in front of you...got a little old.

Cosplay chess was a first for me this year too (out of the 4 years I've gone...no, don't make fun of me for never going!) and loved every second of it. Have to drag my boyfriend to more events next year!

And how can I forget the marriage proposal that happened during Cosplay Chess. That was the sweetest thing EVER!! Yes, evil won but good will will, especially with a proposal like that. Go Ash and Pikachu! Wish you both the best!!!!!!
Last edited by Halloween Kitsune on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020: Bowsette/Senko-san
2019: Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
2018: Lady Sephiroth
2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda

Past Cosplays:
2016: LoL Ahri
2015: FF14 Miqo'te Bard
2014: Twilight Princess Link
2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
2012: Chell (Portal 2)
2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
2009: KH2 Roxas

Owner and master of Fox and Bear Cosplay:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxandBearCosplay
Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Post by Mirotic »

•The JRock panel! Awesome and really down to earth people

•The fashion show

•The awesome dealers room stuff

•Getting stopped for pictures on Friday (felt accomplished!) as a Luka, Len and Rin group

•The following cosplays (because they made my day): G-Dragon (Sat.), Miyavi (Fri.), Miroku and Sango (Friday), Umbrella soliders and Lucy (Fri.), etc. Will add more later~
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022
Smile

Post by Smile »

My Best Memories:

-The Skyward Sword crew. omg you guys<3
-Getting told by a Link that I make his sword go skyward. LOLOL
-Watching my friend draw a collab with someone in the masquerade line(And masquerade itself)
-Zelda Photoshoots.
-Everything.<3
[| 2012-Zelda from Skyward Sword |]
[| 2013-Serah Farron (Style and Steel DLC) from Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica |]
[| 2014-Serah Farron (Default Outfit) from Final Fantasy XIII-2 |]
Laser Boy
Expert Poster

Post by Laser Boy »

This was my first time and I had a lot of fun

Seeing Bowser/King Koopa and Yoshi repeatedly riding the escalator

Having a spontaneous Trigun photoshoot with another Vash, five Wolfwoods and a Rem

Getting a free donut from yet another Vash in Artists' Alley

Having a cosplay fight with a Dovahkin

Seeing FMA: Sacred Star of Milos (the most cheering I've ever heard during a movie)

Getting compliments on my costume

Hugs from strangers

Escalator high fives

The Fox Box playing He-man's version of "What's going on"

The Joker saying "Your costume is giving me a boner. I want you to think about that when you get home."
Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

The reaction I got from Kanako Itou when I told her how much I loved her work on Hatenkou Yuugi was pretty damn awesome; so, was the toku panel and the Caitlin glass panel and the "Matte Matte" panel and..

A lot of stuff would fit in here, lol.
Attendee since 2010, panelist since 2016.
Darth Mario

Post by Darth Mario »

Last year, i didnt get stopped much with the Fire Mario costume. This year, i would guess 4x the stoppage (maybe helped the fact last year i kept my goatee, where this year i left just the 'stache). though, should've snuck into the Luigi/Bowser/Yoshi bunch, but didnt feel right barging in on their photo-ops.

This morning (sunday) i saw 'Jesus' Ascending on the escalator. bummed i didnt get my phone out quick enough to vid-capture it

actually sat and watched the bits of some anime i havent seen yet while @ the con, and then tried to find them in the dealer room. what i couldn't find, i already ordered on amazon. :P

The Cosplay Chess was great outside the poor gameplay. not knowing what piece moved where or how a piece moves? But the marraige proposal took the cake! Congrats you two!
AB2022 plans:
Fri: Darth Mario
Sat: Mandalorian Mario (debut)
Sun: Fatgum (MHA)
TAKANEnoHANA

Post by TAKANEnoHANA »

-The SMT/Persona shoot

-Getting much love in my cosplay (my favorite reaction was from one of the sellers in Artist Alley)

-Having some of my work in the Art Show, even though nobody bid on it

-Meeting lots of new friends

It was a really good con!
gyminus5
Expert Poster

Post by gyminus5 »

persona photoshoot and
karen strasman autograph session
Check out My Videos- http://www.youtube.com/gyminus23
Double G Streamz- http://www.twitch.tv/gyminus54
Folow Me On Twitter- #Goldenmindvids

Cosplay List
AB 2009- Zero / Code Geass
AB 2012- Junpei Iori / Persona 3
AB 2013- Skipped
AB 2014- Skipped
AB 2015- Skipped
AB 2016- ???
TokuBreaker
Veteran Poster

Post by TokuBreaker »

Being a part of a panel for the first time (that was also a first time panel), granted I was not the main speaker, but I did participate here and there and it was alot of fun! Definitely looking forward to next year! (jumps on a train to the future) ORE SANJOU!
Tamika11

Post by Tamika11 »

Was my first time going really enjoyed the panels we went to but the best moments were getting pictures of Uncle Dolan, Chris Chan, Buddy Christ and Dr. Forrester (complete with cheesy movie).
Also watching Batman walking in to the mens room.
Arakni666
Experienced Poster

Post by Arakni666 »

-Getting told by someone that "I've seen a million Links at this thing, but there's something about you", even though I was sitting on the ground, texting, eating pizza, and not wearing my hat.
-Getting so many compliments on my cosplay, and especially the Master Sword and Hylian Shield me and my friends worked so hard to build
-Having a "whose sword is better/bigger" contest with another Link in the Dealer's Room

And a lot more, obviously, but those were great.
RayneDeanZ
Expert Poster

Post by RayneDeanZ »

-Cosplay Dating Game: dance party, hilarious contestants, and Evil stealing a barrel.

-Cosplay Chess Match: Making remarks at Good cheating and that proposal.

-BEING THE GREAT BIG HAM THAT IS VEXEN AT THE KH PHOTOSHOOT ON FRIDAY!!!!
Been coming since 2011

Anime Boston 2017:
Mastermind!Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)

Anime Boston 2018:
Shintaro Kisaragi (Kagerou Project)
Yasuke Matsuda (Dangan Ronpa)
Kiki (Kiki’s Delivery Service)

AB 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

AB 2022:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)

AB 2023:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)
Reyda_Metzger

Post by Reyda_Metzger »

All weekend, people kept stopping me and asking for me to eat their heads. I played Charlotte from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, in "Cancer"/OMNOMNOM form, and if you don't understand why people want me to eat them...Watch the series up through episode three. Strangers, random cosplayers, people that actually "made sense" for me to eat...Hell, I "ate" two Rule 63 characters that have special significance to me at once. Sooooooo much fun at that photoshoot. Oh, and calling all the Doll-form Charlotte's "MOTHER!!!" and chasing after them lovingly.

On top of that, I kept shouting out at people in cosplay (and some who where not) what they tasted like. This includes "Death, Mindless Devotion, and Chainsaws" for all Grells, "Fishy" for both Eridan and Feferi, Demonic Contracts and Sexiness for Sebastian's, Demonic Contracts and Cuteness for Kyubey, BIG Guns (Both Literal and Metaphorical) for Yoko...the list goes on and on. I also called non-cosplaying congoers "Awesome" for their tastes, if they asked, and even at times told random passers by that "YOU TASTE LIKE A CON-GOER....TAKE A SHOWER." All in good humor of course.

This is the most attention I have ever gotten at a con before, and it made me feel so good. I worked so hard on this cosplay, and I was afraid it would break...but it didn't! A few minor cracks, but nothing else. This boosted my self-esteem tenfold, and made me feel like I was truly a part of the con experience. So many pictures were taken, I know people video taped me, and hell...I chased after several people who PLAYED ALONG LIKE MAD. Oh god, it was so much fun.

For most of Friday, I hung out with my Homura friend who helped me get around (the costume was bulky and with limited vision), and on Saturday, I was mostly with another friend and a very nice Yoko (and I'm sorry I messed up your wig). All of the girls and guys from the Madoka Photoshoots were beautifully costumed and ever so very nice...you have made this con, which was also full of drama and issues with me not having hands, probably the best con I have ever been to. Ever. Hands Down.

Thank you to everyone, from the strangers who shoved their heads in my costume's mouth for pictures, to those people I spent the most time with. You are all so very awesome. All of you. =D
2011- Theresa (Fable II-III)/Original Pokemon Trainer
2012- Charlotte, the Dessert Witch (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (OmNomNom)
Kronis_00
I'm new!

Post by Kronis_00 »

Ive gotten compliments and mentions on a couple cosplays before but nothing like this. I decided this year to make a sweet tooth costume which i was quite proud of and took weeks of practice trying to get my hair to spike up like its on fire (because im a ginger.) while my initial concern was that no one would get it my other concern was that they would all beg me to put a shirt on. But 30 seconds into saturdays con exploits Someone asked to take my picture for the first time in 10 conventions ive attended. After that I felt like every time I picked my small bag up off the ground i had to put it right back down for another picture. I lost count at about 34 pictures fairly early in the day. I was so satisfied by this experiance that i feel i will repeat the cosplay as a favorite of mine. Also it was a huge confidence booster that While walking around shirtless no one said anything rude to me. in fact a couple said i was "so too smexy". It really did a good job of breaking my inabitions. Im going to try more daring cosplays from now on.
Sarath_Ethin

Post by Sarath_Ethin »

- Being appreciated for our hard work on our cosplay (especially 'cause it was out of all duct-tape)

- Watching half our crew get on stage in the Karaoke for the song JAP and being able to do an encore (accidentally) right after

- The Skyward Sword crew during the Masquerade (love can be found in the "Looking For..." topic)

- Going on a Rock/Paper/Scissors killing spree for the Barrel Hunt while in line

- Seeing Ash Ketchum legitly propose to Pikachu during Cosplay Chess

- Early morning giggle fits in our hotel room

Thank you AB 2012!!! 10 years!!!
AB 2011: Random DC Criminal #17
AB 2012: Katakura Kojuro
Legato
Experienced Poster

Post by Legato »

Seeing all the cosplayers. Always my favorite thing.

Seeing Duke Nukem with Macho Man. Great shot

Seeing the super Mr. T. Only regret is I never got a pic of him.

My wife randomly noticing a guy had the Berserk brand on his neck. Guy next to him has the brand on him too. I also have 7he brand. Thought that rocked. I don't meet Berserk fans often...hardcore ones at that. Was cool. Was just scared three guys are marked for sacrifice were all at the same place at once. XD

Getting to explain Hentai AMV and Dick and Busters to a random couple who wanted to know why there were such long lines. Hope when they saw it all they weren't scarred.
Any pictures I post i have in 12 MP 300 DPI quality. Just PM me with the filename and an email and i can send em to you. Or email me at Jciampi at gmail dot com

AB2012 album - AB2013 album
DiamondSlaughter
I'm new!

Post by DiamondSlaughter »

Best memory of this con.....would be the entirety of me wearing Komui Lee outfit, the amount of people telling me that Lenalee was getting married. And I cried....and cried...............and cried.

Think i need coffee again..
SavannahBanana13
Experienced Poster

Post by SavannahBanana13 »

- Making a bunch of new friends and hanging out with a lot of my close ones

- Dancing for a vendor in the Artists Alley

- Elevator parties

- High fiving everyone on the escalators
2009 - Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
2010 - Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)
2011 - Erik (the Phantom of the Opera)
2012 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2013 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2014 - Tina Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

2015 possibilities
-Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann)
-fem!Izaya (Durarara)
-Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SavannahElizabethPaul
Twitter: @savannah_paul
Tumblr & Instagram: somechicknamedsavannah
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Hyakunin Kuizu - I was the male Cardcaptor Sakura in this gameshow. I went up and when I said my first "uhh".... the host (Jekka I believe) was like "oh, wait, you're a guy?"..... then she dubbed my "Secret Surprise Sakura" which my friends later started using for me, haha!.... in the end, my team won though. :) Another two friends of mine made it into the game on another team though. One of my friends answered "Twinkle" to "Name a My Little Pony character".... and we have been poking at him about it for a while now, lol. Lastly, the guy who said "stop n shop" for a place to buy anime was awesome. To any of the people I competed with, or played with on my team, you guys rock. Good game. :)

Hotel - Playing Pictionary Thursday Night, the guy with us that answered "Twinkle" in Hyakunin Kuizu pronounced "Magenta" as "Magenter". Needless to say, we ragged on him for that. After, mid game, I turned around and looked at the muted TV and see this shirtless guy with an afro. I tell them to look. All of a sudden, he, and the guy with him, they rip their pants off, and well..... extended out, they are shaking their things in tiger striped underwear, up and down, just dancing or something. We quickly said "wtf" and turned that off. Lastly, first day in, my friend came in with a limited budget and wanted water. She went to the hall, got ice in a cup, grabbed the hairdryer and started melting the ice to make water. It was funny.

AMV Contest - A friend of mine won "Editors Choice".
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Post by NobiZero »

Walking around with my buddies all weekend. One was Batman/Chris Redfield, one was the Scarecrow, one was Steampunk Riddler, and I was Kick-Ass/RE4 Leon.
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

Oh, so many, and I will probably post more later on, but this was my favorite memory:
On Friday as Belarus getting glomped from behind by a Russia. She then proceeded to get down on one knee and ask me to do her the honor of making her a sandwich. Made my day.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Kico_kun
Experienced Poster

Post by Kico_kun »

Mines would be taking photos with people. Specifically Yoko (She was so cool XD cant wait to see her next year), Mitsuru (She was HAWT wish i tried talking to her more) and a Shu/Inori couple. Also met a few people in the Momoi autograph line that were really cool

Oh and Meeting the Momoi "Traveling Fan Club" was awesome too. The two girls were so adorable

Also met a very nice Ichigo and Android 17 who gave me the a rundown on Cosplay 101.

Saddest part is that I'm not accustomed to giving out my information and they didn't make the 1st move either so I doubt we will see each other again but I hope we do.
Day2Day

Post by Day2Day »

The giant Apples to Apples game outside of the videogame room and The Applesuits!
PockyPham
Experienced Poster

Post by PockyPham »

Dealer's & game room.
I shopped around a lot this year. Even though the Jrock section was a bit of a disappointment, I bought a lotta things I really liked. :)
& it was my baby bro, Dennis' first year. He was kickin major ass in SFxTK. I was so proud of him...lol
bookishfreak
Experienced Poster

Post by bookishfreak »

The mock combat panels! They were both so much fun!!

The Greg Ayres autograph session! He autographed both my Trinity Blood and my Ouran DVD sets! AND he LOVED my T-shirt. He was like "OH MY GOD!!! That's awesome!!!" Actually, waiting in line for that was awesome! I met some really great people!

The yuri panel. The pocky game was just so much fun, and usually I would NEVER participate in something like that...(I'm usually kinda shy) but I was like "Why not?!?" and it was hilarious.

Seeing all the cosplay! I saw some AMAZING Trinity Blood cosplay, and I was like "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGMGOMG!!!"
VXxed
Veteran Poster

Post by VXxed »

Definitely being carried on my friend's shoulders while running around wearing the horse mask. That was absolutely awesome hahahah

Also, photobombing in the horsemask. Everyone had such a good time of it when they turn around and all of a sudden horse
Ex-Shark-Virtue-005

Post by Ex-Shark-Virtue-005 »

I had quite a few awesome experiences this year!

1. Having my picture taken like 1500 times this year! I was the Maka Albarn with the six foot tall scythe that had the black and maroon three foot blade. Then I had some guy tell me that I had the best Maka cosplay.

2. The following panels: "Chocobos Ate My Baby: The Evolution of Final Fantasy," "Americans in Anime: F Yeah!" "All the Mecha You'll Ever Need," "Bad Anime, Bad!" and "Digimon Digital Fan Panel."

3. The many "Tales of..." cosplayers.

4. Buying the 1/144 HG Unicorn Banshee kit, Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave for PSP, and finding Shonen-ai Tales of Vesperia doujinshi and all the other Tales of Vesperia stuff I bought.
Tieria Erde (first season) '09 and '10
Tieria Erde (second season) '11
Maka Albarn '12
Rukeya
Experienced Poster

Post by Rukeya »

As someone made their own post for: The Apples to Apples game late Sunday afternoon. Over 16 players with about five musicians playing for our entertainment. Only two or three of us were in costume, yet people were still stopping to take pictures just for the spectacle we were making of ourselves.
heartstarmagick
Experienced Poster

Post by heartstarmagick »

This entire weekend was totally amazing.

Thursday night, at the hotel room no less, we pulled together Jenova for the very first time (which was such a risk on our parts, but we did it anyway) and by some stroke of luck with the cosplay gods, everything fit the way it needed to. That was a magical feeling. I'd been stressing so hard over that costume, so seeing it together was freaking glorious.

The KH photoshoot on Friday was one of my favorite memories. It was my first photoshoot here and everyone was super nice and fun to talk to and goof around with. Later on that night, the Ask the Live Action KH Crew panel was fantastic, probably my favorite panel this weekend.

Saturday as Jenova was just awesome, despite forgetting my helmet. I was with my Hojo and our friends as of Friday night who "Macgyver-ed" a Turk!Vincent costume and Reno, and the banter between Vin and Hojo was splendid, I couldn't stop laughing. Jenova got her family reunion (whoever was cosplaying the remnant trio, if you're reading this, amazing job!) and Vincent's apparently taking her to see Titanic. LMAO.

Saturday night we put Saix and Xem back on, mostly for the Org XIII panel and Kirk Thornton signing, both of which were super fun. After the panel, we met back up with Reno and Vin, who was casual Demyx and we got some coffee at ridiculous hours and started planning costumes for next year, then coming back to the hotel, we rapped Nicki Minaj together, which was just the best.

Sunday I was Xemnas yet again and I danced borderline obscenely with my roommate who was the Easter bunny. Enough said, XDDDDD

All in all, beautiful weekend with beautiful people and I'm already looking forward to the next :D
AB 2012!!
Superior Xemnas (with my Org. XIII group) from Kingdom Hearts
Mother JENOVA (with my Professor Hojo) from Final Fantasy VII
AB 2013!!
Axel {and possibly/probably Xemnas} (with my Saix) from Kingdom Hearts
Lucrecia Crescent (with my Professor Hojo) from FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus
Spirit Albarn (with my Stein) from Soul Eater {extremely tentative}
NekoRyuzaki
Experienced Poster

Post by NekoRyuzaki »

Mine is actually having a awesome outfit this year thanks to my sisters help :D she did my make up and hair. And also the fact that outside of anime boston the world is kind of boring and unaccepting of me. some people are like" Nerd! you like anime" and they make me feel like trash but here at anime boston you guy make me feel so happy and so cool you make me feel like we are just one giant family. actually I dont have a favorite moment of anime boston because anime boston was my favorite moment!

I love you all ^^
AB10:L
AB11:L
AB12: Neko L
AB13: Hope or L

http://kaiizukiaob.deviantart.com/
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

NekoRyuzaki wrote:Mine is actually having a awesome outfit this year thanks to my sisters help :D she did my make up and hair. And also the fact that outside of anime boston the world is kind of boring and unaccepting of me. some people are lie" Nerd you like anime" and they make me feel like trash but here at anime boston you guy make me feel so happy and so cool you make me feel like we are just one giant family. actually I dont have a favorite moment of anime boston because anime boston was my favorite moment!

I love you all ^^
Tell me about it. I have gotten to the point in life that I am getting annoyed with my interest in gaming, since I am seeing few RPGs for the PS3, the companies are treating gamers like crap, and they are trying to get rid of used games and enforcing digital distribution. With that, I am hoping to drop gaming in general after this generation, and focus to save money so I can travel and see more cons. I doubt any will be half as great as AB though. Anime cons are a blast. A place you can spend days with people of similar interests, in costumes. It is like a fantasy come true. I think anime cons make life worth living themselves. I feel bad for people who don't ever experience them.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
vietnamboston
I'm new!

Post by vietnamboston »

Getting applauded for our skits and battle maneuvers we'd spontaneously carry out.

Planning invasions from the escalators and hitting a floor like we were in a firefight (and in the process surprising the hell out of everyone) was definitely the most fun I've had at a con.
Godhumanmonster
I'm new!

Post by Godhumanmonster »

- Master Roshi ("OH GOD IT'S KRILLIN'S HEAD!") and Macho Man Randy Savage ("You look like a dollar store Shawn Michaels...") at the Hentai Dubbing panel
- Meeting cool peeps playing SC5 and UMvC3 in the Game Room
- Seeing cosplayers you favorite on Deviantart in person... in the cosplays you favorite'd them originally!
- Seeing artists you favorite on Deviantart in person at Artist's Alley
- Getting to hear from a famous Touhou Pixiv artist at the Touhou panel!
- DERPY HOOVES CHAIN!!
Anime Boston: 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

I just had an amazing weekend at Anime Boston this year. I attended 14 panels, and went to the video rooms twice. Plus, the day before the con, I went to the Science Museum and went to see several shows/exhibits, including the gecko exhibit and the bonsai tree exhibit. :D :D

Just a wonderful weekend, and, I was having SO much fun, I didn't want it to end...
Bluebeard45
Expert Poster

Post by Bluebeard45 »

I've been attending for 5 years, and have been going to the Charity auction for the past 4 years and this was the year I finally won the Anime Boston Lifetime Membership! Next year I'll be poppin' bottles in the VIP!
AK

Post by AK »

Waiting in line for the MGS Science panel on Saturday Night, with Revolver Ocelot , EVA, and Emma Emerich, who pulls out a ukelele and we all start singing the FUN Song and The Campfire Song Song with everyone else in line! :lol:
APimpNamedGendo
Expert Poster

Post by APimpNamedGendo »

Oh boy.. here we go....

For some of these to make sense, you have to know in advance I was Gendo Ikari this year (usually am).

1) Walking into the con Saturday along side WEEPING ANGELS!!!!
2) Going across the street shortly afterward and rushing through the purchase and install of a memory chip so I can take pictures on my phone again... any finding when I got back not only were they still there, but a friend I met the night before was between them holding up his The End is Neigh sign!
3) The witch in the hallways... funny as hell watching her tear off after someone yelling for dear life.
4) Sharing an elevator with Cobra Commander (hey, us evil masterminds gotta stick together).
5) Being asked about being father of the year by random con-goers.... (though I wish I was quicker on my feet... best I could do was ask "and who is my son?" like I was pissed someone associated me to him. 30 seconds later, I had a much better idea)
6) Telling someone randomly looking at the A-chan and B-kun sound only boxes that "they'll let anyone into SELEE these days."
7) A damn good friend of my whispering in a raspy evil voice for another friend to "eat the sandwhich" in the hotel room... and have two others join in.
8) Watching this same friend's eyes light up when he realized we had free internet... all weekend... on Sunday...
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Post by NobiZero »

-Walking up to the guy dressed as Rick from The Walking Dead in the food court on Saturday to ask for his picture, and having him tell me not only yes, but I'd better not go anywhere, because he wanted a picture of me as well.
-Resident Evil photoshoot on Friday
-Photobombing my Batman, Catwoman, and Scarecrow friends as Kick-Ass on Saturday
-Mr. T
-The guy running the costume booth in the dealer's room and his stories of how people thought he was Mike Tyson.
-My friend and I with our Resident Evil "first aid spray"
-Making new friends
NekoRyuzaki
Experienced Poster

Post by NekoRyuzaki »

NobiZero wrote:-Walking up to the guy dressed as Rick from The Walking Dead in the food court on Saturday to ask for his picture, and having him tell me not only yes, but I'd better not go anywhere, because he wanted a picture of me as well.
-Resident Evil photoshoot on Friday
-Photobombing my Batman, Catwoman, and Scarecrow friends as Kick-Ass on Saturday
-Mr. T
-The guy running the costume booth in the dealer's room and his stories of how people thought he was Mike Tyson.
-My friend and I with our Resident Evil "first aid spray"
-Making new friends
HEy I remember you guys I had you do the pic where you and batman where teaming up againts scarecrow!
AB10:L
AB11:L
AB12: Neko L
AB13: Hope or L

http://kaiizukiaob.deviantart.com/
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Post by NobiZero »

Haha, yep that was us!
Lorok
I'm new!

Post by Lorok »

Hearing the chants of 'Roshi, Roshi, Roshi!' from the crowd during the Hentai Dubbing was probably the best.

And in true perv style, my other favorite memory was probably during the 18+ KH panel when asked what they wore beneath the robes, Marluxia dropped her robe and was in one of the bunny girl outfits.
AnimeAnthropologist
Veteran Poster

Post by AnimeAnthropologist »

Though this started out as a joke: instead of slapping fives, I was bro-fisting everyone on the escalators, punctuating each with a hearty "BROFIST!" I have NO idea why, but by the end of the weekend, I was constantly smiling each time I rode.
Http://www.studyofanime.com Charles Dunbar: Symbolic Anthropologist and Fandom Scholar
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

Post by purple_popinjay »

heartstarmagick wrote: Saturday as Jenova was just awesome, despite forgetting my helmet. I was with my Hojo and our friends as of Friday night who "Macgyver-ed" a Turk!Vincent costume and Reno, and the banter between Vin and Hojo was splendid, I couldn't stop laughing. Jenova got her family reunion (whoever was cosplaying the remnant trio, if you're reading this, amazing job!) and Vincent's apparently taking her to see Titanic. LMAO.
That was my friends and I! I was the Kadaj. :3 It was awesome finding a Jenova running around besides the one we had planned on meeting up with. I loved when that random guy was trying to be obnoxious to me, Loz, and Yazoo and was like, "Hey guys! Where's your mom?" and we all turned around and pointed at you and said "Right here! We found her!" lol. Epic moment. I just wish we could have gone to the photoshoot, but we had to be at Family Feud.
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2024 Tentative Line-Up:
Schedule TBD
AshHollaaaaaa

Post by AshHollaaaaaa »

i thought my first ab was unbeatable but i did a machoke cosplay this year and it was over the top. i got great reactions, i was talking to soo m,any people and i was just having a great time. i was the blue guy running around with the tights on and the belt, and people were looking at me so i waved and that usually made them smile and laugh. i was just g;lad so many people liked it. i went to the formal and jazz event, the formal in normal clothes and i dance with a few girls who were really coo. i did the jazz thing as machoke and danced with my friend, and got a round of applause. after, 4 people kept telling me how much they enjoyed how i danced and they kept asking me questions aboutmy cosplay. i just like making people smile.
Sora-na
Expert Poster

Post by Sora-na »

Getting many compliments for my cosplay as I put forth a lot of work and sleepless nights towards it. Being able to see old friends and make new ones was fantastic as well as getting together with our Dissidia group. I hope next years will be just as fun~
AB 2013
Danny Fenton
Danny Phantom
Sonic the Hedgehog gijinka (Revamp)
Vulcan
Determined Poster

Post by Vulcan »

- Being told I was the best General Cross in the entire con by everyone I met.
- Meeting all the awesome D. Gray-Man cosplayers. I was glad you all came to the makeshift photoshoot on Saturday. I was even more thrilled to meet someone cosplaying as Grave of Maria, that made my weekend!
- Hearing the audience roar with excitement when I walked on stage at the Anime Death Match. I'm glad you guys cheered me through to the 3rd round!!...and the girl who screamed, "take my pants" that made me laugh.
AB2016
Jacob Frye: Assassin's Creed-Syndicate

Cosplay Page: https://www.facebook.com/SteeleRevolution/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/SteeleRevolution7