When to arrive?

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Mangoat
I'm new!

When to arrive?

Post by Mangoat »

I've never attended Anime Boston. Only cons I've gone to have been Pax East, Boston Comic Con, and Twitch Con. I always arrive 1-2 hours early to sit in line, then spend all day at the con. Anime Boston though... 7am is when they open the doors? Closing the following day AM? That's a TON of con time. I'm only going on the weekend, but that 7am start is crazy. Tempted to do it, but how are lines typically before opening?

Going to AB alone & for the 1st time ever. Do know maybe 3 or 4 people that might be going as well, so hopefully meeting up with them while there.
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Re: When to arrive?

Post by Anna-neko »

you don't have to show up in crazy am hours... I mean, 7am in Hynes is just for people grabbing autograph tickets.... there's not much on schedule to do otherwise until at least 9

Anyway, that early there's nothing happening line-wise. Most people are still asleep or bleary-eyed commuting
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

I agree, at 7 in the morning, you see a lot of people impersonating zombies... XD

All jokes aside though, the biggest question is, will you be getting your badge on Saturday morning. If so, then be aware that the registration opens at 9AM if you are buying admission, 8:30AM if you have pre-reg and are picking up the badge. We must also advise that you will be going through 2 lines, 1 line to pick up badges and 1 line to enter the Hynes itself.

In the meantime, schedules are out on both the website and the Guidebook app so you can check on that to see what you will want to do during the day.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Mangoat
I'm new!

Post by Mangoat »

So maybe I'll plan to arrive around 8 or 8:30 then. Know a few people saying they plan to arrive around 9, so I want to try to beat the line.

I also pre-registered, so thinking of picking up my badges Thursday. Means driving into Boston after work though. As a guess, how bad would the pre-registered badge pickup be on Saturday mornings? Worth grabbing it Thursday instead? My concern is parking just to get the badge, if I go Thursday for it.