Looking to make some Con friends at AB2017!

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Looking to make some Con friends at AB2017!

Post by Aurabolt »

Forgive the incoming mini-essay but I'm looking to build a group of friends to hang out with during AB2017. I wanna build this group in advance and to be safe, my target number is 8. Doesn't have to be all together, just folks who can say YES to all of the following:

- Will be at AB2017 (not necessarily the whole weekend)
- Looking to meet new people.
- Is 21 or older (A must)
- Likes to Chat or be talked to.
- Is Super-Friendly.
- Open to using FaceTime, email and/or Skype to keep in touch before and after the con.

If you are all of these things, great! I'm looking for at least 8 people but if I get more that's even better. I made this thread last year for those who may recall. I adjusted the the minimum age requirement from 18+ to 21+. Also, there is no gender preference.That said, I am hoping to build a diverse circle of Con Friends.

I will list 10 things (up from last year's 8) but if you fit in more than one category, that's fine with me ^_^

So, I'd like at folks who identify as having at least one (or more) of the following qualities:

1. Likes Clannad (Anime or Visual Novel or both).
2. Cosplaying as someone from the Pokemon, Fire Emblem or Phoenix Wright games.
3. Cosplaying with a coworker or family member.
4. Owns a Nintendo 3DS (3DS, 2DS or New Nintendo 3DS).
5. Owns a PS Vita.
6. First time coming to Anime Boston or Boston in general.
7. Attending just Friday or Sunday of the weekend.
8. No particular interest in sports in general.
9. Pregnant or had a baby in the last year.
10. Expecting or planning to go to Anime Boston alone.

If you or anyone you know fits one or more of these, shoot me a private message. Like last year, I want to stress you do not need to have ALL of these to qualify/apply. At least one will do. For example, I seriously doubt I will find someone cosplaying someone from Pokemon/Fire Emblem/Phoenix Wright with a family member who also happens to be a pregnant first time congoer. As long as just one of these 10 things applies to you, feel free to contact me ^_^

If you know someone who fits one of these but they don't use social media OR the Aniime Boston forums, tell them to email me at btboston1@gmail.com with the subject "Anime Boston Friend" so it doesn't get marked as spam.

My goal is to befriend people who have at least one of the above qualities. By that I don't mean 10 people with all 10 but preferably 10 people who each have at least one of the 10 qualities. Of them, I'm sure 5 and 9 will be the trickiest to find. As for why #9, it's because becoming a parent doesn't mean you can't be a congoer anymore or give up the things you love ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
ChibiKittay
Veteran Poster

Re: Looking to make some Con friends at AB2017!

Post by ChibiKittay »

I'm #10 lol I tend to go it alone, mostly to meet new people and because no one lives near me currently that enjoys anime/cosplay x.x

I'm chill with chatting ftf before time, anyways I'm female (don't know if that's a preference due to the preggers thing), I am a mom (of 3) and I'm over 21 (31).
Mschibi
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Looking to make some Con friends at AB2017!

Post by Mschibi »

Well, I'm not particularly interested in sports, and (thus far) it looks like I'll be going it alone. I do like to be talked to, and I'd be willing to keep in touch by email.
"I'll go wherever my mind takes me." -Treize Kushrenada (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing)

email: angelica.kennedy710@gmail.com