Looking to make some Con friends at AB2016 (Essay Incoming!)

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Looking to make some Con friends at AB2016 (Essay Incoming!)

Post by Aurabolt »

Forgive the incoming mini-essay but I'm looking to build a group of friends to hang out with during AB2016. I wanna build this group in advance and to be safe, my target number is 8. Doesn't have to be all together, just folks who can say YES to all of the following:

- Will be at AB2016 (not necessarily the whole weekend)
- Looking to meet new people.
- Is 18 or older.
- Likes to talk or be talked to.
- Is Super-Friendly.
- Open to using Tumblr, email and/or Skype to keep in touch before and after the con.

If you are all of these things, great! I'm looking for at least 8 people but if I get more that's even better. That said, I am hoping to build a diverse circle of Con Friends. I will list 8 things but if you fit in more than one category, that's fine with me ^_^

So, I'd like at least one person who identifies as having at least one (or more) of the following qualities:

1. Likes Clannad (Anime or Visual Novel or both).
2. Cosplaying as someone from Persona 3 or Persona 4.
3. Cosplaying with a relative.
4. Own both a Nintendo 3DS and a PS Vita.
5. First time coming to Anime Boston or Boston in general.
6. Attending just Friday or Sunday of the weekend.
7. No particular interest in sports in general.
8. Pregnant or had a baby in the last year.

If you or anyone fit one or more of these, message me via Facebook or on the Anime Boston Forums (username is Aurabolt there). I want to stress you do not need to have ALL of these. At least one will do. I seriously doubt I will find someone cosplaying someone from Persona 3/Persona 4 with a family member who also happens to be pregnant and is a first time congoer. As long as just one of these 8 things applies to you, feel free to contact me ^_^

If you know someone who fits one of these but they don't use social media OR the Aniime Boston forums, tell them to email me at btboston1@gmail.com with the subject "Anime Boston Friend" so it doesn't get marked as spam.

I posted this same message in the Anime Boston Social Facebook Group as well to make connecting too easy. I also expect to be doing at least 2 of the 4 panels I applied to do this year. All who become a part of Mr. Aurabolt's circle of friends at AB2016 can skip to the front of the line at all of my panels ^_^

My goal is to befriend people who have all 8 of the above qualities. By that I don't mean 8 people with all 8 but preferably 8 people who each have at least one of the 8 qualities. Of them, I'm sure 4 and 8 will be the trickiest to find. As for why #8, it's because becoming a parent doesn't mean you can't be a congoer anymore or give up the things you love ^_^
Last edited by Aurabolt on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Brinner1
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Looking to make some Con friends at AB2016 (Essay Incoming!)

Post by Brinner1 »

I love that you're being proactive and trying to make some connections before the con starts. I'm trying to do the same but its a little tough since I'm in the military and currently stationed at Incirlik AB, Turkey. I will be at AB16 and about a week after on leave at my parents house in Quincy, MA (city right next to Boston). If you want to chat before hand and want to hangout at AB16 then just let me know!
"Your petty quarrels only make me stronger"
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Sounds like awesome.

Haven't checked the thread in a while but you're the first person to comment so far. I even posted this in a few Facebook groups. The con is a month away so I know I still have time though ^_^
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
ThestiasCosplay
Experienced Poster

Post by ThestiasCosplay »

I'm looking to make some friends at AB, too! It's my first time going to a con, like literally any con at all, never gone before, so I'm wicked excited!

I'm 21, constantly on Skype (seriously, I have the app on my phone, I'm literally never not on) and tumblr, I love talking honestly I don't shut up sometimes? People tell me I'm friendly which, you know, I don't think they're wrong at all haha. I just like peeople

I love the Clannad anime, haven't had any exposure to the visual novel as of yet, After Story makes me cry and a friend and I have plans to cosplay Tomoya and Nagisa at a con next year when they fly out. I really don't get sports, never have, I'm like super non-athletic; only sports I'm interested in are in anime, or when my fiancé is playing soccer.

I'll be at AB all weekend so hit me up if you'd like! I've been hoping to connect with some awesome people this year.

AB 2016: Petra (AoT), fem!Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter)
AB 2017: Modern Yennefer of Vengerberg (The Witcher), Ascended Raven (Teen Titans)
AB 2018: Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon), Padme Amidala (Star Wars), Chikane Himemiya (Kannazuki no Miko)
Cosplay Page
WertPhotography
Experienced Poster

Post by WertPhotography »

Aurabolt wrote: So, I'd like at least one person who identifies as having at least one (or more) of the following qualities:

When I first read that I thought you were talking about the Irish Band, and was like...That's me!!!

but then I read the parenthesis and was like...Nope, never heard of it. lol.
GhostLeeOne
AB Alumni

Post by GhostLeeOne »

WertPhotography wrote:
Aurabolt wrote: So, I'd like at least one person who identifies as having at least one (or more) of the following qualities:

When I first read that I thought you were talking about the Irish Band, and was like...That's me!!!

but then I read the parenthesis and was like...Nope, never heard of it. lol.
Confirm... Your part of flogging molly.
James Harrison
Registration 2015
Event Photographer 2016
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Oh I know about THAT Clannad too.

I'm surprised they were never invited as guests of honor now. Hmm...
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

Aurabolt wrote: My goal is to befriend people who have all 8 of the above qualities. Of them, I'm sure 4 and 8 will be the trickiest to find.
pffft, considering how even Sony themselves are treating the Vita as a bastard ginger child of their hardware family....
But I do feel a bit of a unique snowflake being a proud Vita and 3DS owner. Even if one spends more time collecting dust than it should <_<;

sooo yeah.. just wanted to chime that, back to lurking
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

LOL, I have 2 Vitas and about 30 Vita games. I have all the games I bought the Vita for plus got some gems that were released along the way. I also have two 3DS consoles and about 50 games between them. I had my 3DS longer and have more must-have games on my 3DS though. Even so, in terms of specs the Vita is more powerful than the 3DS. When I travel, I always carry one of each console. At AB I bring all four XD

...I also clarified my "looking for 8 qualities" thing once again since folks clearly think I'm looking for 8 people with all 8. That is clearly not the case and would likely be impossible XD
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

Aurabolt wrote: ...I also clarified my "looking for 8 qualities" thing once again since folks clearly think I'm looking for 8 people with all 8. That is clearly not the case and would likely be impossible XD
oh, I completely understand, it just seemed too good a line not to grab 8-)

do u by chance have the Sword Art Online game on your Vita? the first one, that was digital-only. ... I've always wanted to try the multiplayer in that, but alas, it needs another physical person near with the game

Personally, I bring the 3DS out usually (ALL THE STREETPASS!!) because kinda terrified Vita will break or crack or something. Nintendo products are as legendary as Nokia when it comes to surviving things, but u just look at a Sony thing wrong and it'll brick

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I have both SAO Vita games actually =O

Haven't played the second one yet but I have a physical copy. I'd say I haven't played 60% of the last 12 physical Vita and 3DS games I bought actually XD
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

Aurabolt wrote: I'd say I haven't played 60% of the last 12 physical Vita and 3DS games I bought actually XD
sir, may I borrow some games then? They must be so sad and unplayed in their boxes....

actually, i bought the second SAO game too, went thru tutorial... and then got completely distracted by something else and haven't been back in it since (and now too busy yelling at FireEmblem screen... someday you'll be finished, oh poor abandoned games. someday)

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

That's basically what happened to me. Other games are just higher on my list of priorities XD

...Like right now, I'm not going back to Fire Emblem Fates until I finish the Pokedex in my Pokemon Red. LOL. I have Pokemon Yellow and Blue as well so it's just about actuall finishing the Pokedex ^_^
Aurabolt's Anime Blog