new to the world of cosplay/ab

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
lils
I'm new!

new to the world of cosplay/ab

Post by lils »

Hey! I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post in but I'm really new to cosplay and have never attended AB before. I have yet to register, though/
I'm Lily, 24--I have a background in theater and I learn towards Disney cosplay.

I am really not sure what to exactly say here but I really want to find some friends in the Boston area who also cosplay.
hisoka-44
Getting the hang of this...

Re: new to the world of cosplay/ab

Post by hisoka-44 »

Hey! I'm from Boston and AB15 will be my second con. ^-^ I believe that it's also possible to simply buy tickets at the door, so that's always an option.

I'm a 20 y.o. college student, I plan on going as Illumi Zoldyck from the anime Hunter X Hunter. Do you have any ideas on who you'll go as? I'm about halfway done with my cosplay.
AB15: Illumi Zoldyck from Hunter X Hunter (1999).
LittleShadowPC
Determined Poster

Post by LittleShadowPC »

lils wrote:Hey! I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post in but I'm really new to cosplay and have never attended AB before. I have yet to register, though/
I'm Lily, 24--I have a background in theater and I learn towards Disney cosplay.

I am really not sure what to exactly say here but I really want to find some friends in the Boston area who also cosplay.
Well, first of all, welcome to wonderful world of cosplay! You're gonna really enjoy it~ And I'm glad you are attending AB; I know personally it was my first convention back in 2009. So if you haven't been to a convention before, AB is sure a good one to keep you coming back for more (〃ω〃) There is always a lot to do there; a wide range of panels, events, and even stuff outside of anime!

I'm more than positive you'll meet many locals of Boston at the convention; make sure that you guys exchange numbers/tumblrs/or whatever else you use for internet conversations!

I hope your experience at AB this year is wonderful and I hope you make lots of new friends!!
AB '09
AB '10
AB '11
AB '12
AB '13
AB '14

Anime Boston 2015; Get Ready to Battle!

Cosplay Plans~*
Wadanohara- Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea (100%)
Toph- Avatar: The Last Airbender (100%)

(*ノ∀`*)
Overlord of Anime
Expert Poster

Post by Overlord of Anime »

Even if you arent familiar with cosplaying/anime/Japanese culture, Anime Boston is a great place to start if you are interested in any of those. There will definitely be A LOT of people to meet, talk to, and become friendly with. Just about everyone is positive or friendly and will assist you with any questions you may have.

Concerning registration, there is currently a cap on weekend registration (Single-Pass Sunday doesnt apply, I don't think). Last I checked it was around 14,500 passes left but I have no doubt that it will reach 0 as we near the convention. I would suggest (if you are able to) pre-registering now just in case.

But, on a lighter note the Theme of this years convention looks promising, and I personally look forward to both Sword Art Online and the infamous Hentai dub. I hope to see you there.
AB06: Maiden Voyage
AB07: Pocky guy
AB08: Gaara
AB09: Japanaman
AB10: Rex Raptor
AB11: That guy who was always in the elevator
AB13: Smooth Criminal
AB14: Pool's Closed
AB15: Pink Floyd
AB16: Pink Floyd
AB17: Stink Patrol Commander
AB18: Stink Patrol Commander
hisoka-44

Post by hisoka-44 »

Overlord of Anime wrote:Even if you arent familiar with cosplaying/anime/Japanese culture, Anime Boston is a great place to start if you are interested in any of those. There will definitely be A LOT of people to meet, talk to, and become friendly with. Just about everyone is positive or friendly and will assist you with any questions you may have.

Concerning registration, there is currently a cap on weekend registration (Single-Pass Sunday doesnt apply, I don't think). Last I checked it was around 14,500 passes left but I have no doubt that it will reach 0 as we near the convention. I would suggest (if you are able to) pre-registering now just in case.

But, on a lighter note the Theme of this years convention looks promising, and I personally look forward to both Sword Art Online and the infamous Hentai dub. I hope to see you there.
Do you happen to know how this cap will affect day passes? I only plan on attending Saturday...
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

hisoka-44 wrote:
Overlord of Anime wrote:Even if you arent familiar with cosplaying/anime/Japanese culture, Anime Boston is a great place to start if you are interested in any of those. There will definitely be A LOT of people to meet, talk to, and become friendly with. Just about everyone is positive or friendly and will assist you with any questions you may have.

Do you happen to know how this cap will affect day passes? I only plan on attending Saturday...
As of last year, there is no JUST Saturday passes, only Sun day only passes which are not affected. You could get a weekend badge on Saturday if they don't sell out before then.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
hisoka-44

Post by hisoka-44 »

GinjaNinja wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:

As of last year, there is no JUST Saturday passes, only Sun day only passes which are not affected. You could get a weekend badge on Saturday if they don't sell out before then.
Oh crap, I guess I'm getting a weekend pass then! Thanks for telling me!
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

hisoka-44 wrote:
GinjaNinja wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:

Oh crap, I guess I'm getting a weekend pass then! Thanks for telling me!
No problem. I'd hate for you to get turned away because you didn't know. Not being able to go because it's sold out would suck.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Well, I should probably say Welcome. I am not a cosplayer though but I do like taking pictures of them. Not only that but I also do find amusement in regards to explaining to the general public of what is going on. :P
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked