Thursday night anime boston 2015

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Thursday night anime boston 2015

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

usually thursday is all the pre parties and stuff. But I come pretty late cause I have to wait for my dad to get out of work (pretty late for us is around 9 ish (if we can leave ontime) which usually isn't that big of a deal....

where am I going with this? Are there people that go to anime boston during thrusdays and just don't know what to do with themselfs after they get their badge?

I really want to explore what's around me before the convention starts, and I hear there's a very epic noodle bar close by but every time I try to find it on my own i always get lost (this year i have gps with walking directions) so i should be fine if I had to go by myself, but I really would like it if i made a friend who would want to spend Thursday evening (we can even meet while we get our badge)

pm me or post here if your interested for how to get a hold of me if you wish to (texting is perfured) But i'll have my e-mail open as well (on my phone) so if you don't feel like giving out your number to someone you don't know yet that's perfectly fine e-mail is nice to...

but I'd rather not be a shlumpy lame anime fan binge watching anime on my dvd player in the hotel room with my parents on the party night of the convention. I want to go out and have fun, explore a little bit!
Last edited by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
coffeecake
Veteran Poster

Re: Thursday night anime boston 2015

Post by coffeecake »

That actually sounds like a pretty fun idea. I might be up to it if I don't end up having other plans.
Anime Boston 2024:
Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
odokom
Veteran Poster

Post by odokom »

i don't mind joining you guys! but like i said spirit-girl i won't be in boston til after 9pm
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

odokom wrote:i don't mind joining you guys! but like i said spirit-girl i won't be in boston til after 9pm
i won't be in the area till 8:00 won't be ready till 8:45 ^^

don't worry about it cows ^^;
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I usually get there from work at around 5:00-ish and hang around 'til 7:00. I'm game if anyone wants to hang out or whatever.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

so i lied i won't be getting there till 9:00 (or so) so i dono what we're going to do for thursday
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Prince K-kyo
Experienced Poster

Post by Prince K-kyo »

I have a hotel room at the Sheraton, besides a few photoshoots I have lined up on Thursday, I have nothing really to do...me and my room mates might go and play Cards Against Humanity if anyone wants to find a spot to play where we could play, we could have a small meetup :D
ANIME BOSTON 2017 LINEUP
Thurs: ???
Fri: Chip Skylark
Sat: Umaru-Chan
Sun: Vincent Brooks
Nights/Casual: Siberian Bear Zarya
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

great! i'm looking forward to the card game. I'll bring plenty of card games so we can choose from a bunch of them, how does that sound?

also I'll text you when I get there, and maybe we all can do dinner at the japanese food place in the mall!
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

hisoka-44
Getting the hang of this...

Post by hisoka-44 »

Spirit_Girl01 wrote:great! i'm looking forward to the card game. I'll bring plenty of card games so we can choose from a bunch of them, how does that sound?

also I'll text you when I get there, and maybe we all can do dinner at the japanese food place in the mall!
I think the noodle bar you're looking for is called Men Tei, they only take cash. It's across the street from Hynes, the address is 66 Hereford St.
AB15: Illumi Zoldyck from Hunter X Hunter (1999).
Prince K-kyo
Experienced Poster

Post by Prince K-kyo »

There's a really yummy noddle/Japanese restaurant IN the mall.
hisoka-44 wrote:
Spirit_Girl01 wrote:great! i'm looking forward to the card game. I'll bring plenty of card games so we can choose from a bunch of them, how does that sound?

I think the noodle bar you're looking for is called Men Tei, they only take cash. It's across the street from Hynes, the address is 66 Hereford St.
ANIME BOSTON 2017 LINEUP
hisoka-44
Getting the hang of this...

Post by hisoka-44 »

Prince K-kyo wrote:There's a really yummy noddle/Japanese restaurant IN the mall.
hisoka-44 wrote:

I thought by noodle bar she meant ramen, haha. My bad. In the mall there's a Wagamama and a Sarku in the food court.
AB15: Illumi Zoldyck from Hunter X Hunter (1999).
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

hisoka-44 wrote:
Prince K-kyo wrote:There's a really yummy noddle/Japanese restaurant IN the mall.
hisoka-44 wrote:

I think the noodle bar you're looking for is called Men Tei, they only take cash. It's across the street from Hynes, the addressnis 66 Hereford St.
I thought by noodle bar she meant ramen, haha. My bad. In the mall there's a Wagamama and a Sarku in the food court.
i met ramen. and the Men Tei is closed (from what i understand) and from what little i understand about the Wagmama (haha i just realized how that's pronounced) is separate from the food court. it's next to the microsoft store in the mall (unless they have one in the food court now)

but I'll never eat at a place that just takes cash at least not at anime boston, my cash for that weekend is saved for the dealers room/AA (haha)

also if i do go get sushi, i'd want the really good quality sushi, i would never get it at Sakura ever again. It just doesn't taste as fresh. (i'm spoiled with my sushi that way)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Prince K-kyo
Experienced Poster

Post by Prince K-kyo »

Ahead of time so you know, I don't eat fish (so sushi would be hard)
Spirit_Girl01 wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:

I think the noodle bar you're looking for is called Men Tei, they only take cash. It's across the street from Hynes, the addressnis 66 Hereford St.
i met ramen. and the Men Tei is closed (from what i understand) and from what little i understand about the Wagmama (haha i just realized how that's pronounced) is separate from the food court. it's next to the microsoft store in the mall (unless they have one in the food court now)

but I'll never eat at a place that just takes cash at least not at anime boston, my cash for that weekend is saved for the dealers room/AA (haha)

also if i do go get sushi, i'd want the really good quality sushi, i would never get it at Sakura ever again. It just doesn't taste as fresh. (i'm spoiled with my sushi that way)
ANIME BOSTON 2017 LINEUP
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

A fun restaurant a short trip down the road from the Hynes is Fire + Ice (it's just past the Hancock Tower)
All you can eat. But you choose ingredients from what they have & they cook it on a huge round griddle.

Also, many stores in Boston close by 9pm. Restaurants stay open longer, but they and the bars are closed by somewhere between 11pm and 2am, with very few exceptions. Thankfully, the Shaw's next to the Pru is 24 hour (the only other 24 hour store in Boston is the Walgreens in Downtown Crossing)
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

fire and ice looks pretty cool but it's only open till 10 i'll be getting all settled in around 9:30 but thanks anyway :oops:
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Fetch wrote:A fun restaurant a short trip down the road from the Hynes is Fire + Ice (it's just past the Hancock Tower)
All you can eat. But you choose ingredients from what they have & they cook it on a huge round griddle.
= Mongolian barbecue.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

i'm not allowed to travel out side when i get there after i get my badge :< i'm going to wake up extra early if i wind up not meeting people for game night so i can get an early start for Friday
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

Spirit_Girl01 wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:

A friend and I have tried Haru in the past, right outside the Prudential Center. I know it is open late, as I went there before a 1am panel, so this could work in tandem with the late arrivals (until 12am). Here is a menu: http://www.harusushi.com/downloads/Menu ... _Lunch.pdf

Where are we to meet to play Cards or suchlike? Sheraton Lobby/Hynes Lobby?
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Ugly Bob wrote:
Spirit_Girl01 wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:

A friend and I have tried Haru in the past, right outside the Prudential Center. I know it is open late, as I went there before a 1am panel, so this could work in tandem with the late arrivals (until 12am). Here is a menu: http://www.harusushi.com/downloads/Menu ... _Lunch.pdf

I was thinking we'd just meet in the hynes after i get my badge. I'll be wearing my DBZ t-shirt and my New England Pats hat. I can wait outside pre-reg for a bit so people can meet me if that'd be the easiest place to meet at, and then we can figure out what we're doing from there.

noodles sound wonderful! I'm going to bring my pirate fluxx (if i can find it) and you guys can feel free to bring what ever games to bring. I'd like it if someone brings Apples to Apples (i'm not sure if we have it here) but that could be great fun with this crowd ^^

also if you'd like bob, you can text me with your number before the con, it may be an easier way to get a hold of me ^^
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Ok so I plan to get there by 5:00PM Thursday and will be there until 9:00PM.

...So, I have some entertainment planned ^_^

I will play the first four Episodes of Persona 4: The Animation Thursday Night in the PRU across from the Post Office. I will also talk a bit about the panels I will be doing (hehe) this weekend. If there is time, I will play two episodes from Pokemon: Origins as well. Before folks get their hopes up, I am running the episodes through my Laptop. It's got a large screen so it wouldn't be optimal for a large group. Hearing won't be a problem since I will have my bluetooth speaker with me as well.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Ugly Bob wrote:
Spirit_Girl01 wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:
hisoka-44 wrote:

I really want to go to Haru! i heard really good things about this place, expect i'm not sure I know what "sweet bread" is I heard they have really good cocktails ^^
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho