American Sign Language/ASL

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
dokuro
Experienced Poster

American Sign Language/ASL

Post by dokuro »

Hi there! im very very new to asl and although i am neither deaf nor hard of hearing, i think it is fantastic to learn, at least some basic signs. I wasnt sure where to put this thread so feel free to move it wherever it belongs, but i was wondering if anyone would like to have some small meeting/gathering to practice, learn, or communicate with one another via asl.

My father is deaf in one ear and in the event he loses hearing in the other, I'm trying to teach myself asl through the aid of videos (look up Bill Vicars on youtube for some full, lengthy, helpful lessons) and books. I'm also on an ASL group on google+, but i have yet to add anyone to skype/oovoo to practice using ASL.

So, yeah. kinda random but i was wondering if any others out there uses it, whether you know 7,000 signs or 7, would like to maybe practice and go about normal activities but using ASL instead of speaking. Whatever your reason, it's a good language to know!

I'm not sure if anyone else is interested but if you are, just leave a reply here, please and thank you :)
Faceman
AB Executive

Re: American Sign Language/ASL

Post by Faceman »

Moved to Find a Friend. The General Forum is for questions about Anime Boston specifically. Thanks.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
dokuro
Experienced Poster

Re: American Sign Language/ASL

Post by dokuro »

oh, i was talking about this during anime boston :)