Cosplay Bowling Night at AB?

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Bowling Night at AB?

Post by Bowler4Ever »

EDIT: I have details for this event now! If we want to do a group package, it will cost about $47 per person
IT INCLUDES: 2 hours of bowling, shoes, pizza, and appetizers. 3 pizzas and 2 large appetizers will be shared among the group. I can take 15 people. The total cost is $700 FOR EVERYTHING.
COSPLAY IS ALLOWED. FEEL FREE TO BOWL IN YOUR COSPLAY!
Please RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1763765 ... ?ref=br_tf

EDIT 2: If you folks don't want to do this option, I have a second option. For those who want to, we can do 3 games of bowling ($~23), and either before or after, we'll head out to FiRE+iCE ($16) for dinner. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH OPTION YOU WANT!

If you're still confused, please PM me or post in the Facebook group (or tell my lazy butt to make a YouTube video to further clarify xD)!
Last edited by Bowler4Ever on Wed May 08, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AB 2012 cosplays: Switch (SKET Dance), Uchiha Sasuke (Chuunin Exams) (Naruto)
AB 2013 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke, Taka (Naruto Shippuden)
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!
Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Re: Cosplay Bowling Night at AB?

Post by Sakura-chan »

I would totally be down for this provided we get enough people to get a game under way! :3 Thursday would be probably best for me, just as a heads up. I still don't know when they are having the formal ball, so if its Friday night, then I will be going to that instead.
'06: Sakura (Naruto)
'07: Sakura (Naruto)
'09: Hungary (Hetalia)
'13: Euphemia (Code Geass, for the Spirit Ball!), Rachel Alucard (Blazblue)
'16: Saber EXTRA (Fate/EXTRA), Rose Quartz (SU)
GLaDOS_Creations
Getting the hang of this...

Post by GLaDOS_Creations »

That actually sounds like it would be fun! I'll talk to my friends to see if they want in on it too, haha
The_Dessert_Witch
Veteran Poster

Post by The_Dessert_Witch »

I would potentially be interested! Heck, I'd even be willing to be in character the entire time! (IE: I'd probably loose terribly, lol!)

Just keep us updated, alright?
2011: Theresa (Fable II, Fable III) (Fri, Sun)/OC Post-Apocalyptic Pokemon Trainer (Sat)
2012: Charlotte's Tumor Form v. 1 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (All)
2013: Charlotte's Tumor Form v. 1 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (All)
2014: Projected: Dead!Mami in Charlotte Hoodie (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Tsukimi and Clara(Princess Jellyfish)
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Absolutely. I was thinking of Thursday, myself. When would you guys like it to happen on Thursday? I was thinking around 8-10 or 8-11pm
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!
The_Dessert_Witch
Veteran Poster

Post by The_Dessert_Witch »

Oooh, I was thinking this would be during the con. Sadly, I'll be arriving on Friday, so Thursday's a no-go for me. But don't worry! If I can't make it, don't worry about it. =D Don't take me into consideration if Thursday is best for everyone else!
2011: Theresa (Fable II, Fable III) (Fri, Sun)/OC Post-Apocalyptic Pokemon Trainer (Sat)
2012: Charlotte's Tumor Form v. 1 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (All)
2013: Charlotte's Tumor Form v. 1 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (All)
2014: Projected: Dead!Mami in Charlotte Hoodie (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Tsukimi and Clara(Princess Jellyfish)
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Keep an ear out, this is still VERY early into this. The day could change...heck I may even try to do both Thursday and Friday! I just need to contact Kings about a couple things before I go too much further (to make sure people showing up in costume would be alright, and how many people are needed if we can get a "group rate")
My YouTube Channel!
Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sakura-chan »

I don't know what time we'll be getting into Boston since I'm carpooling, so I'm just gonna say the 8-11 range I guess..
winterwing3000
AB Alumni

Post by winterwing3000 »

Just to give a head's up about Kings--they start carding people after 6pm (21+ only) and they enforce their dress code pretty seriously. I'm not sure how'll they'll handle cosplays, especially if you're going to bowl in them... Other than that, they have awesome bowling lanes.
Elisa Cheng
Security Staff '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18

--
"Steel is my body, fire is my blood..." - Archer, Fate/Stay Night (Unlimited Blade Works incantation)
Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sakura-chan »

That's kind of a bummer, but it doesn't bother me much since I'm over 21 and I doubt I would have worn a full on cosplay (maybe lolita at the most.) I think if others are ok with following those rules we should still have a pretty awesome game.~
ZWolf12
Expert Poster

Post by ZWolf12 »

I was only planning on getting the pass on Thursday, but I'd be interested in bowling. I'm not so sure about the cosplay part tho, especially if there's potentially going to be a close call with the T. I think friday would be better for cosplay.
AB '12 - Elite Four: Flint
AB '13 - Elite Four: Aaron
AB '14 - Gym Leader: Maylene, Kensei Muguruma

https://www.facebook.com/Aferjackcosplayz
DA: http://1wolve2wolvez.deviantart.com/

"I am Jack's bludgeoning creative vision." - some genius person
tarantucat
Expert Poster

Post by tarantucat »

I would SO do this on Thursday, but I'm only 18 ;-;
'09: Cosmo (Fairly Odd Parents)
'10: Sly Cooper, Ben 10
'11: Billy Hatcher
'12: Rebecca Chambers (RE0), Syaoran Li (CCS)
'13: Big Boss (MGS3)
'14: Spinelli (Recess), Sunny Emmerich (MGS: Rising)
'15: White Mushroom Heartless (KH1)
'16: Vault Dweller (Fallout), Yarny (Unravel)
'17: Amy Rose (Sonic CD), Regina (Dino Crisis)
'18: Zapp Brannigan (Futurama), Betty Cooper (Riverdale)
'19: Five (Umbrella Academy), Amanda Holliday (Destiny)
'22: Doc (Back 4 Blood)
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Well, what I am planning on doing is talking to the Kings management next Sunday when I am at Comic Con to see if I can get something arranged and cleared. They have a small closed off area with four lanes. I want to see if we can get that area for a couple hours and see what the rates would be for 2 hours. I will try to get as cheap a rate as possible for everyone. So, I want to know ASAP who might be interested so I can get a general number to them. I will let you all know when I get back next Sunday night to see if this will be possible with cosplay or not. Now, I want to know something else...if this ends up happening, but NOT in cosplay, would that be fine with you all?
My YouTube Channel!
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

I'd be in either-way cosplay or not, as long as it was fri. , won't be in Boston till Friday afternoon due to work . Bearing it doesn't run at the same time as the Fakku panels that lass couple of years ran after 10pm, but they are usually on sat so should be good.
Dashie
Experienced Poster

Post by Dashie »

Either way, as long as it's Thursday, sounds fun to me!

I'm coming into Boston early Thursday afternoon with a bunch of friends, and it sounds like a good time!
ZWolf12
Expert Poster

Post by ZWolf12 »

Whether you have it on Thursday or Friday, I will be there. Probably in cosplay, but most likely only part of the costume. You can put me down as a definite: Gotta support good ideas.
Bowler4Ever wrote:Well, what I am planning on doing is talking to the Kings management next Sunday when I am at Comic Con to see if I can get something arranged and cleared.
You're going to Boston Comic Con on Sunday, this weekend? I'm gonna be there, too! Want some company at KIngs?
AB '12 - Elite Four: Flint
AB '13 - Elite Four: Aaron
AB '14 - Gym Leader: Maylene, Kensei Muguruma

https://www.facebook.com/Aferjackcosplayz
DA: http://1wolve2wolvez.deviantart.com/

"I am Jack's bludgeoning creative vision." - some genius person
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

ZWolf12 wrote:Whether you have it on Thursday or Friday, I will be there. Probably in cosplay, but most likely only part of the costume. You can put me down as a definite: Gotta support good ideas.
Bowler4Ever wrote:Well, what I am planning on doing is talking to the Kings management next Sunday when I am at Comic Con to see if I can get something arranged and cleared.
You're going to Boston Comic Con on Sunday, this weekend? I'm gonna be there, too! Want some company at KIngs?
Hah! Sure, I don't mind! I'll be helping at the Millionaire panel at 12pm if you wanna meet up with me around that time.
My YouTube Channel!
maryland_otaku

Post by maryland_otaku »

The boyfriend and I will be up on Thursday- would love to be a part of this, cosplay or not!
~ First Anime Boston 2013! ~
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

Any update to the plans? I know that Comic-con got cancelled so you couldn't go to the alley.
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

waynoinsano wrote:Any update to the plans? I know that Comic-con got cancelled so you couldn't go to the alley.
Nothing yet. Probably won't be able to talk to them until sometime in early May. I have finals coming up soon, so I'll be very busy until then.
My YouTube Channel!
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

King's is a nice looking bowling alley, but their customer service... not so nice.

One time my friend went with some people, one of whom was an Army Reservist. The guy was wearing his Army boots.
They go in, and he is told he can't come in because his boots will ruin the floor.
Boots, which he is going to take off to put on bowling shoes. They don't even want him having them NEAR the lanes.
Try to take logically, they just keep yelling at the guy to get out.

Due to this level of stupid, my friend and the rest of our friends don't go to King's. We go to Boston Bowl instead.
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

I have just made a Facebook event page for this! I will keep you folks more updated on this as I possibly can. Please RSVP on the Facebook page so I can get a better count on how many people we may have! Invite whoever you want!
https://www.facebook.com/events/176376575865764/
My YouTube Channel!
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Ok folks! I have emailed Kings about this event. I should get a reply, hopefully, tomorrow! I will have rate info, a time slot, and if we can do cosplay! If the rates are too high to my liking, I will still post the rates to see if people will still do it. Watch for the first post! I will edit it with the information when I get it!
My YouTube Channel!
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

I'd love to participate but I'm going to be arriving mid Friday and I'm only 15 so I don't believe I'd be let in late at night. Curse my stupid age difference! But it does sound like a grand idea so I hope you get the ok to do it! It would be a shame to turn away willing bowlers like you all.
Anime Boston 2018
Female Rakan, League of Legends

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'16 P.P Draven, French Maid Draven
'15 Ahri
'14 Yin, Headmistress Fiora
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'12 Ronald Knox, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Ok everyone! They have emailed me back! We have a special we might (it'll be a stretch for most, I'm sure...) be able to do if we can get 15 people (not including myself) to go.
The total comes out to about $700 for the following (we will all split the costs evenly):
2 lanes for 2 hours of bowling
Shoes
3 Gourmet Pizzas
2 Large Appetizers

If we split the costs between 16 people, it'll be about $45 per person for this event. I'm not sure if people will want to do this.
If we do NOT want to do this deal, we will simply come in and bowl 3 games ($6.50/game) and we'll get dinner at FiRE+iCE on Berkeley St. either before or after we bowl ($16). If we do this option, we'll break for those who don't want to eat in their cosplay. We'll set meet times for either event we decide to do!
Also, COSPLAY IS WELCOME!!

ALSO, please let me know which option you like more!
My YouTube Channel!
maryland_otaku

Post by maryland_otaku »

I guess it really depends on if we can get 15 people together... otherwise, I'm up for #2 as a perfectly reasonable (and slightly cheaper) idea.
~ First Anime Boston 2013! ~
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Sakura-chan wrote:I would totally be down for this provided we get enough people to get a game under way! :3 Thursday would be probably best for me, just as a heads up. I still don't know when they are having the formal ball, so if its Friday night, then I will be going to that instead.
http://www.animeboston.com/programming/formal_ball/
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

I'm out, I get out of work at 5 so the earliest I could get to Boston would be 6:45-7. I'll be riding down to get my badge early anyways so might stop by Kings just to say hi.
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

waynoinsano wrote:I'm out, I get out of work at 5 so the earliest I could get to Boston would be 6:45-7. I'll be riding down to get my badge early anyways so might stop by Kings just to say hi.
Right now, I'm thinking of going to dinner first. So we may end up being at Kings between 8 and 9. Again, keep an eye out on the Facebook page and here for more details.
My YouTube Channel!
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

I will keep an eye on the facebook. That way I'll know whether I should bring my gear with me.
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

I have just edited the info on the Facebook page. Right now, we have 3 yes's (including me) and 4 maybe's. I'd like to try to get at least 2 more people!
My YouTube Channel!
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

Ok, so an issue has come up on the Facebook page. For those who might go, do you want to bowl two games or three? People are suggesting two, but I'm leaving it up to everyone.
My YouTube Channel!
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

Someone go vote on the FB for food before bowling so I'll be able to make in time after I get out of work, It's tie 2 -2 . Shameless plug.