Harlem Shake!

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
heyyouthere
Expert Poster

Harlem Shake!

Post by heyyouthere »

It may seem early but I think we can get a SWEEEEEET video for youtube. I had several ideas; the first is at on of the dance. The second is in one of the major halls, another would be at the photoshoots. Also, at the opening ceremonies or sometime during the masquerade/right before it all starts. I was hoping to maybe have some organization help from AB. This could be monumental to have a 'million' cosplayers and the likes all on one little 30 second clip. This thread is also to spread the word and start planning with con-goers.
For the dance, it could be done during, with the help of the dj's or before, during a sound check?
At the masquerade, maybe a host on stage, facing backstage. Camera shooting him/her towards the audience. The host is doing the intro dance and everyone could be calm in their seats? Then, DANCING!!!
The hallways could be harder to organize and might be better as a spontaneous thing, sort of like a flash mob.
Let me know :twisted:
AB'12-'13
THUR: Harry Potter - Hufflepuff house
FRI: Adventure Time- Finn
SAT: WILDC.A.T.s.(comic) - Grifter
R^V3: FLASH

downwash.tumblr.com
youtube.com/XsteveswansonX
KatrinaDraws
Expert Poster

Re: Harlem Shake!

Post by KatrinaDraws »

The more I see all these Harlem Shake videos, the more and more I thought/hoped someone would want to do this for Anime Boston. I think it would have to be really well organized in order to prevent mass chaos, but I think it could be really, really awesome.
RyuujiVermont
Getting the hang of this...

Post by RyuujiVermont »

Just keep in mind, while you might get a lot of people to sign on for this now, the convention isn't for another 3 months. The Harlem Shake is nearing, at, or passing the height of it's popularity right now, and people will probably be tired of it by then. I could be wrong, but the interest in this will probably see a visible decrease from the support seen in the thread now. I could be wrong, and if there are not any schedule conflicts I would like to take part. Just take this as a friendly note. Wish you all the best in a successful Harlem Shake :)
2013:
Friday: Keiichi Maebara from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
Saturday/Sunday: Maka Albarn from Soul Eater
2012:
Friday: James from Pokemon
Saturday/Sunday: Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho & Nicholas D Wolfwood from Trigun
2011:
Friday: L from Death Note
Saturday/Sunday: Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho & Vash the Stampede from Trigun
2010:
Friday: L froim Death Note & Yugi Mouto from Yu-Gi-Oh
Saturday/Sunday: Yugi Mouto from Yu-Gi-Oh & Near from Death Note
2009:
Sunday: Near from Death Note
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Please be aware that Flash Mobs or any other sort of impromptu performance taking place in the hallways, panels, or halls of Anime Boston or the facilities are strictly prohibited. Please see our Convention Policies:
2. General Convention Rules wrote: 11. Do not hinder or obstruct the flow of foot traffic within the convention area.
While we want you to have fun, we also need you to be considerate of everyone's fun and safety. If a hallway suddenly fills with a group of people doing something like this, it can bring traffic through the entire convention center to a halt. Jams like that have taken hours to clear up, simply because of the bottleneck they cause. If Anime Boston staff encounter an incident like that, they will immediately ask the participants to cease and move on. Failure to comply can result in an ejection from the convention and confiscation of membership badge.

If you're somewhere off the convention grounds, away from the heavy foot traffic and not in anyone's way, feel free to knock yourself out. But be aware that facility staff or city officials (including Boston PD) may still ask you to move along.

There are over 20,000 other people at the convention who need to move around from place to place. Please remember that when planning your activities.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Bowler4Ever
Veteran Poster

Post by Bowler4Ever »

I think the only way it would work out is if someone submitted a panel for it in a large room, that way it might just work out without causing total chaos. If the panel were to be accepted, then people would have to "register" for it in a way so that the people running the show would know how many people may show up for it, as well as placing a limit on how many people can be allowed to enter that room, especially due to the immense dancing that the Harlem Shake requires, just so people don't injure themselves. Plus, people need a change of clothes more than likely...so if it were to happen, everyone would more than likely have to wear their cosplay over their "street clothes", or at least change their shirt real quick. The filming of the Harlem Shake would then require to be filmed backwards...the dancing filmed first, and the "quiet part" filmed second, so the filming can be done much quicker...that way people will be able to just throw their cosplays back on and go back into the convention halls. If this were to be allowed, this is how I believe it would work.
AB 2012 cosplays: Switch (SKET Dance), Uchiha Sasuke (Chuunin Exams) (Naruto)
AB 2013 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke, Taka (Naruto Shippuden)
AB 2014 cosplays: Uchiha Sasuke (Taka, Akatsuki, Hokage [Yes, Hokage, dammit! >_< xD])
My YouTube Channel!
Don Julio
Expert Poster

Post by Don Julio »

im in, ninja turtle style, just find me
fancymole
Getting the hang of this...

Post by fancymole »

Since I'm going as Snake, from metal gear, I think I'm going to start a "Harlem Snake".