Any loners wanna form a group together? ^^

If you need a room or a ride, this would be the place to make a new friend. Please note that this is NOT a place to discuss anime in general. In addition, this is NOT a relationship or solicitation forum, either.
SerenaLolipop
Getting the hang of this...

Any loners wanna form a group together? ^^

Post by SerenaLolipop »

heheh, kinda self-explanatory. Just anyone going alone want to go as a group with other loners? The one day i'm going (friday) my friends can't come, so it would be nice to go with some other loner anime freaks, make the best of our situations, there's too few of our insanely awesome kind where i live ^^
Pyroc96
Experienced Poster

Re: Any loners wanna form a group together? ^^

Post by Pyroc96 »

i am gonna be alone at AB and i would like it if i could be a part of your group. I think i am gonna be going all three days of the con.
xbox live gamertag id: DarkFireMage773
Switch: SW-8317-0208-1418
JonnyNinjaNinja
Expert Poster

Post by JonnyNinjaNinja »

I will be there all three days of the weekend. I will have space at my room plus most of the weekend unless others want me too lol. Ill bring my camera! We should plan a meet time :)
Anime Boston Cosplay 2012:
Tuxedo Kamen (aka Tuxedo Mask) (Sailor Moon)
Brock (Pokemon)

Contacts:
www.facebook.com/sokheanjouk
www.facebook.com/jonnyninjaninja
www.youtube.com/jonnyninjaninja
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

lol I wouldn't mind as long as we can all have afew laughs hell might be hard to miss me I'll be cosplaying as a classic horror icon and may be handing out donutes to random ppl to give them a good laugh lol
heyyouthere
Expert Poster

Post by heyyouthere »

I'm in. I should be in the hotel Thursday night. I will post that night so we can either meet up then and have some face-time and we could also plan events to attend for Friday! See you in 3.5 weeks.
AB'12-'13
THUR: Harry Potter - Hufflepuff house
FRI: Adventure Time- Finn
SAT: WILDC.A.T.s.(comic) - Grifter
R^V3: FLASH

downwash.tumblr.com
youtube.com/XsteveswansonX
JonnyNinjaNinja
Expert Poster

ANIME BOSTON 2012 LONER'S GROUP OFFICIAL FaceBook Event

Here is my facebook page for my YouTube Channel. I set up an event that is open to the public on there. Everyone is welcome to check out the page and event! The event is on my page's wall.

https://www.facebook.com/JonnyNinjaNinja
Brock (Pokemon)

Contacts:
jess.claflin
Determined Poster

Post by jess.claflin »

SerenaLolipop wrote:heheh, kinda self-explanatory. Just anyone going alone want to go as a group with other loners? The one day i'm going (friday) my friends can't come, so it would be nice to go with some other loner anime freaks, make the best of our situations, there's too few of our insanely awesome kind where i live ^^

I would love to join your group. I'll be going all weekend and maybe alone or with a friend. Still undecided! I joined the group.
Last edited by jess.claflin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
AB13:
Thursday/Friday morning- rapunzel
Friday afternoon/Saturday/Sunday - Monster Musume Miia

My Page, like it: https://www.facebook.com/BunnyMoonCosplay?ref=hl
JonnyNinjaNinja
Expert Poster

jess.claflin wrote:
SerenaLolipop wrote:heheh, kinda self-explanatory. Just anyone going alone want to go as a group with other loners? The one day i'm going (friday) my friends can't come, so it would be nice to go with some other loner anime freaks, make the best of our situations, there's too few of our insanely awesome kind where i live ^^

I would love to join your group. I'll be going all weekend and most likely alone. I joined the group.
Welcome! Be sure to post what time you will arrive at the event so we can all meet up. I will be posting a YouTube video on my page soon to address everyone :)
Brock (Pokemon)

Contacts:
jess.claflin
Determined Poster

Post by jess.claflin »

JonnyNinjaNinja wrote:
jess.claflin wrote:

I would love to join your group. I'll be going all weekend and most likely alone. I joined the group.
Welcome! Be sure to post what time you will arrive at the event so we can all meet up. I will be posting a YouTube video on my page soon to address everyone :)
I am arriving Friday morning around 10am. I say the sooner or better! :D
AB13:

gyminus5
Expert Poster

Post by gyminus5 »

sounds like fun
links to contact me down below
Check out My Videos- http://www.youtube.com/gyminus23
Double G Streamz- http://www.twitch.tv/gyminus54
Folow Me On Twitter- #Goldenmindvids

Cosplay List
AB 2009- Zero / Code Geass
AB 2012- Junpei Iori / Persona 3
AB 2013- Skipped
AB 2014- Skipped
AB 2015- Skipped
AB 2016- ???
Lifestream
Experienced Poster

Post by Lifestream »

I will be going alone because my lame friends don't like Anime pshhh >.< it's my first convention!!!! EVER!! and I will be cosplaying Light yagami. I'm so excited, but it would be nice to have some people to hang with:P
JonnyNinjaNinja
Expert Poster

Lifestream wrote:I will be going alone because my lame friends don't like Anime pshhh >.< it's my first convention!!!! EVER!! and I will be cosplaying Light yagami. I'm so excited, but it would be nice to have some people to hang with:P
Join my event list on facebook. www.facebook.com/jonnyninjaninja

This is how I will manage everyone :)
Brock (Pokemon)

Contacts:
Aaeandor
Expert Poster

Post by Aaeandor »

I'm not gonna be a lone, but I'm totally fine with meeting/hanging with you all!
jess.claflin
Determined Poster

Post by jess.claflin »

Aaeandor wrote:I'm not gonna be alone, but I'm totally fine with meeting/hanging with you all!

That's why I joined. I probably going to end up with a friend I met before AB. But to have a meet up is always great to meet new people.
AB13:

Haru
Veteran Poster

Post by Haru »

My two friends I was going to share a room with had RL come up at the last minute and can't make it this year, so yeah looks like I'm by myself as well.

My train arrives at 6:30 PM on Thursday and I will be at AB all three days.

Friday looks to be my busy day with one photo shoot, and one panel that I really want to get to since I am cosplaying a character form the series. Then there is the 18+ Cosplay Dating Game (always my favorite event at cons) Friday night and with rumors of them having a Yuri segment I can't wait to see it. That might be a fun group event to do.

Saturday I have another photo shoot in the morning then no other real plans for the rest of the con . . . aside from having the time of my life and meeting new people that is.
AB 2018 Featured Panelist!
Mongols Can’t Swim: Touring the Battlefields of the Mongol Invasion of Japan
Gaijins, Girls, and Guns: America in Japanese Pop Culture
Yanderes 2.Oh Hell No! (18+)
Stringed Instruments of Japan
Titans vs. Mecha . . . In Space!
Orange is the new black: Love, Loss, and Science Fiction
The Gundam and the Cross: Religious Symbolism in Gundam Seed
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

Haru wrote:My two friends I was going to share a room with had RL come up at the last minute and can't make it this year, so yeah looks like I'm by myself as well.

Friday looks to be my busy day with one photo shoot, and one panel that I really want to get to since I am cosplaying a character form the series. Then there is the 18+ Cosplay Dating Game (always my favorite event at cons) Friday night and with rumors of them having a Yuri segment I can't wait to see it. That might be a fun group event to do.

Saturday I have another photo shoot in the morning then no other real plans for the rest of the con . . . aside from having the time of my life and meeting new people that is.
ah that blows that RL came up on your friends at the last minute hope all is well though

lol well with this many ppl joinign ths group doesn't look like no will have to worry about being lonely now
Haru
Veteran Poster

Post by Haru »

nightmareman00 wrote:ah that blows that RL came up on your friends at the last minute hope all is well though
Nothing too serious, just the normal stuff. I told my friends they need to rethink their priorities. Since when is homework and a part time job more important than spending three days at a Loli packed, Pocky infused, Moefest? Who knows maybe they are more responsible than me anyway since work does pay for the con trips in the end.
AB 2018 Featured Panelist!
Mongols Can’t Swim: Touring the Battlefields of the Mongol Invasion of Japan
Gaijins, Girls, and Guns: America in Japanese Pop Culture
Yanderes 2.Oh Hell No! (18+)
Stringed Instruments of Japan
Titans vs. Mecha . . . In Space!
Orange is the new black: Love, Loss, and Science Fiction
The Gundam and the Cross: Religious Symbolism in Gundam Seed
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

That's true need a job to make money to pay for the con and rl does come before fun
Haru wrote:
nightmareman00 wrote:ah that blows that RL came up on your friends at the last minute hope all is well though
Nothing too serious, just the normal stuff. I told my friends they need to rethink their priorities. Since when is homework and a part time job more important than spending three days at a Loli packed, Pocky infused, Moefest? Who knows maybe they are more responsible than me anyway since work does pay for the con trips in the end.
Riina K

Post by Riina K »

I'll hang round with you, too, though I'm also a volunteer and will have some other things going on which means I won't always be with the group... And I'm looking for somewhere to crash. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
EmiLily a.k.a. Ally Blue
Kasuri
I'm new!

Post by Kasuri »

I made some kind of last minute decision to go to AB this year. And since my friends here in the states are all attending more southern cons, I´ll be going alone T___T. It would be great to meet some people and make new friends at my last con here in the states before I´m going home. Although I´ll plan to attend some photoshoots, but otherwise I don´t have any plans right now. Still have to figure out when I´ll be arriving (mostly fri afternoon/evening)
JonnyNinjaNinja
Expert Poster

Kasuri wrote:I made some kind of last minute decision to go to AB this year. And since my friends here in the states are all attending more southern cons, I´ll be going alone T___T. It would be great to meet some people and make new friends at my last con here in the states before I´m going home. Although I´ll plan to attend some photoshoots, but otherwise I don´t have any plans right now. Still have to figure out when I´ll be arriving (mostly fri afternoon/evening)
EmiLily wrote:I'll hang round with you, too, though I'm also a volunteer and will have some other things going on which means I won't always be with the group... And I'm looking for somewhere to crash. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
EmiLily a.k.a. Ally Blue
We have a Loner's Group Facebook Event on my page at : http://www.facecbook.com/JonnyNinjaNinja

Check us out, we are over 15 members!
Brock (Pokemon)

Contacts:
JonnyNinjaNinja
Expert Poster

Loner's Group Meetup Discussions Video!

http://youtu.be/6JuItk0Nm9g?hd=1
Brock (Pokemon)

Contacts:
lastlivingsouls
Expert Poster

Post by lastlivingsouls »

I'm going by myself too. I would love to meet up with you guys. :) I should be there Thursday-Sunday morning. :) *Joined the group :D
Cosplays 2012: (same as 2011, since i ran out of time heh)
Nurse Joy-Pokemon
Little Sister- Bioshock 2
DemonBob
I'm new!

Post by DemonBob »

I'm going alone and this is my first time to this convention. I have been to several others. Looking forward to the lunch meet up on fri. I will be ariving there on thurs morning so if anyone wants to hang out sooner, contact me.
3DS Friend Code: 2062 9281 7900
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

DemonBob wrote:I'm going alone and this is my first time to this convention. I have been to several others. Looking forward to the lunch meet up on fri. I will be ariving there on thurs morning so if anyone wants to hang out sooner, contact me.
welcome to the con/group then
your more then welcome to join me for a bite to eat I'll be grabbing some thing after I pick up my badge thurseday
Riina K

Post by Riina K »

Haru wrote:My two friends I was going to share a room with had RL come up at the last minute and can't make it this year, so yeah looks like I'm by myself as well.

Are you still looking for people to crash with? I need space and I'll be there all three days as well as Thursday volunteering.

Thanks!
worthless scrub
I'm new!

Post by worthless scrub »

I'm coming down with one of my friends and it's not my 1st con,but I'm always down to meet new people.It's not too late to join is it?
Vespertine
I'm new!

Post by Vespertine »

I'm going alone on Friday for a bit. Does anyone want to grab lunch and geek out? I'm not the biggest otaku out there, but I could talk about gender and language in relation to anime ALL DAY. I also don't have enough anime-loving friends.
JonnyNinjaNinja
Expert Poster

worthless scrub wrote:I'm coming down with one of my friends and it's not my 1st con,but I'm always down to meet new people.It's not too late to join is it?

It is not too late to join. Look at my Facebook event link www.facebook.com/jonnyninjaninja. Most of our planning and conversations have been there :) Message me if you would like my number to communicate. Most of us are meeting for lunch but friday events, we are spread among so many events xD
Vespertine wrote:I'm going alone on Friday for a bit. Does anyone want to grab lunch and geek out? I'm not the biggest otaku out there, but I could talk about gender and language in relation to anime ALL DAY. I also don't have enough anime-loving friends.
We are actually planning a lunch at 3pm at wagamama. :) We are all new to each other in the group. Feel free to check out my links in the signature to see my facebook event at www.facebook.com/jonnyninjaninja. I am the moderator and organizer of the Anime Boston Loner's Group 2012 :)
Brock (Pokemon)

Contacts:
janejana

Post by janejana »

Vespertine wrote:I'm going alone on Friday for a bit. Does anyone want to grab lunch and geek out? I'm not the biggest otaku out there, but I could talk about gender and language in relation to anime ALL DAY. I also don't have enough anime-loving friends.
I wouldn't mind hearing gender/language use in anime! (Really) If you want to meet up on Friday I'd be up for it. :)
JonnyNinjaNinja wrote:We are actually planning a lunch at 3pm at wagamama. :) We are all new to each other in the group. Feel free to check out my links in the signature to see my facebook event at http://www.facebook.com/jonnyninjaninja. I am the moderator and organizer of the Anime Boston Loner's Group 2012 :)
oh that sounds cool. I'll check it out ^^
tke204
I'm new!

Post by tke204 »

My friend looks like he is not going to make it till late tonight if at all. This is my first AB and would like to meet some people to group with. Everyone still meeting at wagamama at 3 on friday?
Sakurachan
I'm new!

Post by Sakurachan »

I'm only 14 years old right now but my mom will have to come with me unless I go with a big group
jess.claflin
Determined Poster

Post by jess.claflin »

Sakurachan wrote:I'm only 14 years old right now but my mom will have to come with me unless I go with a big group
then go with a big group!! We started a group last year for AB and it was so much fun. We had around 15 people. Welcome to join it. We defiantly made great friends through it. http://www.facebook.com/groups/354575467922420/
AB13:

izzysanime

Post by izzysanime »

Are you doing this again for AB 2013?
Josh (izzysanime)
Blog : http://izzysanime.wareriver.com/
FB : http://www.facebook.com/izzysanime
My Current Favorite Anime/Games:
Blue Exorcist | Sword Art Online | Tales Of Graces | Xenoblade | The Last Story
Don Julio
Expert Poster

Post by Don Julio »

if this is happening again for 2013 i wouldnt mind joining in
jess.claflin
Determined Poster

Post by jess.claflin »

izzysanime wrote:Are you doing this again for AB 2013?
Yes i believe
AB13:

Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sakura-chan »

There is a very good chance I will be going alone just like the last time I went to AB, so I would be really interested in coming to hang out with you guys, if you'll have me. ^^ I know the forum is kind of dead right now but I'm sure we will get some more loner traffic as the con draws closer.
'06: Sakura (Naruto)
'07: Sakura (Naruto)
'09: Hungary (Hetalia)
'13: Euphemia (Code Geass, for the Spirit Ball!), Rachel Alucard (Blazblue)
'16: Saber EXTRA (Fate/EXTRA), Rose Quartz (SU)
jess.claflin
Determined Poster

Post by jess.claflin »

Sakura-chan wrote:There is a very good chance I will be going alone just like the last time I went to AB, so I would be really interested in coming to hang out with you guys, if you'll have me. ^^ I know the forum is kind of dead right now but I'm sure we will get some more loner traffic as the con draws closer.

Yes, the forums are dead, but the group is so interactive. Are you on it?
AB13:

Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Post by Sakura-chan »

Ah, no I am not...Facebook I assume? :o
'06: Sakura (Naruto)
'07: Sakura (Naruto)
'09: Hungary (Hetalia)
'13: Euphemia (Code Geass, for the Spirit Ball!), Rachel Alucard (Blazblue)
'16: Saber EXTRA (Fate/EXTRA), Rose Quartz (SU)
jess.claflin
Determined Poster

Post by jess.claflin »

Sakura-chan wrote:Ah, no I am not...Facebook I assume? :o
hey! Welcome to join us, here's the page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/354575467922420/.
AB13: